• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• curiousladybug

• BANKS

• terrijoe

The success stans evaporated; her real stans are kinda busy preparing for her tour and being fristrated about the lack of a single three months after Illusion.

Maybe we just accepted the fate and do not justify her floppage like any other fanbase does. Not every fan base goes ballistic over a flop album.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ethereal said:

F1PMutyXwAAIC5Y.thumb.jpeg.d2d23d783dd71

She looks like kendel. They think she's a Jenner or Kardashian. Is that a controversial thing to say?  Oh no. 

Dua is selling out tour dates in pre-sale and adding more dates, sold out her summer shows within minutes with over 100k people waiting in queue, headlining Glastonbury, having multi-million brands contracts  and made 86 millions USD just last year alone.

All of this in 28 y.o. and  without having beef with anyone in industry and necessity to exploit her personal life and then some ATRLers will call her flop

Married To Medicine Television GIF

Edited by mike_int
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

What are we supposed to do? Follow her around and mock her? Every artist flops. Wait for new music and move on. It's not like there aren't 600,000 releases this year anyway 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Aurora said:

That's like 23 seconds in homotime. Us gays love to drag pop girl flops out for YEARS. :suburban:

There's a reason why albums such as Bionic, Britney Jean, ARTPOP, Witness, etc. are still talked about to this day.

Maybe it's cuz Radical Optimism isn't objectively a bad album like some of the others here (not ARTPOP) so the gays are more forgiving :ryan3:

Probably because it was expected? After Houdini fell out and the next 2 single didn't make noise, it was obvious the album wasn't gonna do great, she also got lost in the bunch, Taylor, Billie, Charli, the Katy-Luke thing, Sabrina smashing.

It's funny y'all call Dua and her new release flop and then mention Charli XCX/Sabrina/Tate as successful artist when the fact is that so called Dua's "flop era" is much more successful that any of the mentioned artists releases. I go by numbers and that's the fact, especially when it comes to selling albums, merchandise and most importantly arenas/stadiums. Those artists that I mentioned and that are in your opinion doing MUCH better than Dua dream of being able to sell out arenas and stadiums like Dua does and will continue to do. They can't even come close to Asian market and Dua is exceeding the expectations. Get your facts straight and stop being bitter. 

And let me not even mention how Dua's Radical Optimism has so many deep lyrics and is actually saying something instead of singing about espresso or being greedy..

Y'all completely lost the plot when it comes to what's actually a flop and what is actually success. 

Edited by curiousladybug
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Human Fly said:

Nobody really cared for that album except for Houdini.

And yet it sold much more copies than the apparent successful release by Charli XCX that everyone here APPARENTLY cared about.. :oh: Y'all need a reality check and don't forget to tune in to Dua's Glastonbury set that many of y'all faves can only dream to have! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, curiousladybug said:

It's funny y'all call Dua and her new release flop and then mention Charli XCX/Sabrina/Tate as successful artist when the fact is that so called Dua's "flop era" is much more successful that any of the mentioned artists releases. I go by numbers and that's the fact, especially when it comes to selling albums, merchandise and most importantly arenas/stadiums. Those artists that I mentioned and that are in your opinion doing MUCH better than Dua dream of being able to sell out arenas and stadiums like Dua does and will continue to do. They can't even come close to Asian market and Dua is exceeding the expectations. Get your facts straight and stop being bitter. 

And let me not even mention how Dua's Radical Optimism has so many deep lyrics and is actually saying something instead of singing about espresso or being greedy..

Y'all completely lost the plot when it comes to what's actually a flop and what is actually success. 

You cannot give facts and numbers to them, sheep dont know math LOL

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, curiousladybug said:

Radical Optimism has so many deep lyrics and is actually saying somethin

:ahh:theyre losing it maam

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, halcyonday said:

:ahh:theyre losing it maam

You've got the big storm coming your way once Woman's World is released so I suggest you save some energy for that. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

57 minutes ago, curiousladybug said:

You've got the big storm coming your way once Woman's World is released so I suggest you save some energy for that. 

You're delusional af. At least I know my fave flopped multple times, was panned all her career AND has messy lyrics.

And you think that you can find deep lyrics on this panned H&M dressing room playlist? Ffs :bibliahh:Delulu.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

21 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

You're delusional af. At least I know my fave flopped multple times, was panned all her career AND has messy lyrics.

And you think that you can find deep lyrics on this panned H&M dressing room playlist? Ffs :bibliahh:Delulu.

I'm glad you are at least admitting to having a bad taste. Get well soon! 💕

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, curiousladybug said:

I'm glad you are at least admitting to having a bad taste. Get well soon! 💕

That wont fix Dua's massive bombage by every metric this era. :heart2:

• Thumbs Down 1

13 hours ago, curiousladybug said:

It's funny y'all call Dua and her new release flop and then mention Charli XCX/Sabrina/Tate as successful artist when the fact is that so called Dua's "flop era" is much more successful that any of the mentioned artists releases.

let's compare Charli's previous era to her current and then Dua's previous era to Radical Optimism since we go by the numbers :bird:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Kern said:

let's compare Charli's previous era to her current and then Dua's previous era to Radical Optimism since we go by the numbers :bird:

No lets compare current eras since y'all call one a hit and the other is apparently a flop. Y'all have double standards and it's embarrassing at this point. Dua stays being one of the most successful female artists currently and those mentioned wish they could compare to her success and longevity, especially when it comes to selling out arenas and stadiums (which those girls struggle with and basically perform in theatres)..

6 minutes ago, curiousladybug said:

No lets compare current eras since y'all call one a hit and the other is apparently a flop. Y'all have double standards and it's embarrassing at this point. Dua stays being one of the most successful female artists currently and those mentioned wish they could compare to her success and longevity, especially when it comes to selling out arenas and stadiums (which those girls struggle with and basically perform in theatres)..

lol going by this logic she's a massive flop compared to Madonna or Taylor Swift 

On 6/24/2024 at 2:35 AM, State of Grace. said:

I read about it daily here so...

:suburban:

It's not the Witness type of flop because a) the album is far from being bad and b) Dua herself isn't having a public meltdown or doing anything messy right now. She's either on vacation or killing her little summer tour. There isn't really much to discuss, drag, laugh about, etc outside of the Spotify streams. It also helps that she doesn't have a cocky fanbase that'd get her dragged like it happens with the other girls when they flop.

Yeah, I think she's honestly fine. She must've known the album would be overshadowed when she planned the release for 2 weeks after TTPD and seemed to be fine with it.

• Like 1

Idk I think the fact that she doesn't seem to be acting desperate or cringe helps. She's just kind of rolling with it and continuing on with her plans and her live shows are selling well, so. 
I think it just draws less attention than something like Witness, for example. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.