• halcyonday

• curiousladybug

• BANKS

• terrijoe

27 minutes ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Because no one cares, her flop era is flopping and the GP moved on

This tbh

• Like 1

I think it is because she she didn't lose her "cool" factor. Katy was embrassing her on national TV, Gaga on Twitter, Madonna had to face a huge backlash etc. but she is still cool.

Dua sorta just disappeared into the background of pop music this era. People simply don't care which is unfortunate given the music is good. But she should have been more strategic. Everybody knew 2024 would be a busy release year. If she dropped RADOP in 2023, it would've been much more successful since there was less competition. Now we have Ariana, Taylor, Beyoncé, Billie Eilish, Sabrina Carpenter, Chappell, new Katy & Gaga music… like there's no place left for Dua anymore

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Because no one cares, her flop era is flopping and the GP moved on

I couldn't have put it better myself. 

tumblr_pdmxiklI3A1tovmb9o7_400.gif

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

I couldn't have put it better myself. 

tumblr_pdmxiklI3A1tovmb9o7_400.gif

Seriously, no great voice, no good choreos, no hits or even good arrangements or lyrics, and no controversies or whatever, she's lucky that she had the Barbie song.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Dark Phoenix said:

Seriously, no great voice, no good choreos, no hits or even good arrangements or lyrics, and no controversies or whatever, she's lucky that she had the Barbie song.

:ryan3:

• Thumbs Down 1

Everybody knows she will return to the top shortly and her tour is doing amazing so no one can label her a flop. 

because her fans were not too annoying/insufferable during her smash eras :suburban:

Edited by Mocha
  • Haha 2

Dua released a good album. Not everything is about commercial success.

She never reached the heights of the previous generation (Katy Perry, Lady Gaga etc.) so her fall off isn't as exciting/dramatic/engaging. It's just like... oh well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CottageHore said:

Overlooked? It's all this forum and stan Twitter talked about for a month :suburban:

That's like 23 seconds in homotime. Us gays love to drag pop girl flops out for YEARS. :suburban:

There's a reason why albums such as Bionic, Britney Jean, ARTPOP, Witness, etc. are still talked about to this day.

Her release was overshadowed by other girls like Taylor, Billie, Ariana, Beyonce, Ariana, Chappell, Charli, Sabrina. I mean even Gracie who doesn't have a Houdini as a decent hit is selling almost on par with her.

3 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Now we have Ariana, Taylor, Beyoncé, Billie Eilish, Sabrina Carpenter, Chappell, new Katy & Gaga music… like there's no place left for Dua anymore

Katy ain't gonna let Dua breathe omg :tornado: Now that's Radical Optimism

• Haha 3

Because

1) everyone expected it the second Houdini didn't match Don't Start Now's success

2) This year is filled with new releases so she's not really the center of attention like she was during lockdown when she was the only one with a full roll-out for her album

• Like 1

I don't think anyone truly stans her lol

(which could be a good thing cause she has no expectations)

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

People genuinely just don't care, she doesn't have aggressively online following that would initiate such conversations too much. The album underperformed, that's it, it happens, let's move on and try better next time. She's now focused on performing which is going really well for her, she's about to headline Glastonbury, the shows keep selling out. She's fine

• Haha 1

She's flopping with dignity. I'm surprised the label hasn't forced her into jumping on other ppl's songs or make desperate colab remixes of her own ones. The last memory the gp has of her was the Barbie song which was very recent so it's not like she's not fresh in ppl's minds. 

Most ppl don't even know who she Is And  think she's a Caitlyn Jenner's daughter or something. I think gays on this site live in a a bubble. Most ppl only knows of her bc of that one song. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, terrijoe said:

Most ppl don't even know who she Is And  think she's a Caitlyn Jenner's daughter or something. I think gays on this site live in a a bubble. Most ppl only knows of her bc of that one song. 

F1PMutyXwAAIC5Y.thumb.jpeg.d2d23d783dd71

• Haha 1

I think more people were indifferent to Radical Optimism.

It's a fine album, but it's not risky enough to be great or awful. It's just in the middle.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.