did Lorde once again show us we don't need overwrought dictionary words to write well

Kayseri Mantisi

3 minutes ago, Headlock said:

"Write good" :suburban:

it's ATRL's thread title character limit

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kayseri Mantisi

• Démodé

• Tropical

• Arrows

Top Posters In This Topic

Swifties are so Fortress Besieged, rly guys have you ever listened Fiona, Kate Tori Amos? This is more lyrically complex music not Tay, lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Why are people mentioning Taylor? (Well I guess if the hijab fits…)

• Haha 1

"Forgot that inside that icon there's still a young girl from Essex" :chick3:

I came for Mariah shade. Why are Swifties affected? 

:suburban:

10 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Babe, well is also 4 letters.

and spelling is fun :clap3:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

it's ATRL's thread title character limit

"Write well" is the same amount of characters :suburban:

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

"Write well" is the same amount of characters :suburban:

feelslikeadream already clocked that and i changed it

honestly i had an another title and nothing was fitting i kept changing it without that much thinking it's not that deep 

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Kayseri Mantisi said:

feelslikeadream already clocked that and i changed it

honestly i had an another title and nothing was fitting i kept changing it without that much thinking it's not that deep 

Nnnn not you saying this :suburban:

One would think that if you're making a thread about writing, trying to shade others, you would want to at least be grammatically correct :suburban:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Niemira said:

Swifties are so Fortress Besieged, rly guys have you ever listened Fiona, Kate Tori Amos? This is more lyrically complex music not Tay, lol

I wonder when these Lorde stans will grow out of this mentality who first heard Fiona Apple in high school. Sooo cringe. And even I think When the Pawn is better than any of Taylor albums.

50 minutes ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

I came for Mariah shade. Why are Swifties affected? 

:suburban:

9rSBmwN.thumb.gif.c0a5c34046fe8519b5d538

I have the same issue about Taylor's lyrics. She tries to paraphrase everything into a more verbose version and it just makes it cringe most of the time.

I can't imagine listening to stuff I like and spending brain power on what people I don't like are doing

• Like 1

Yes. Lorde is like Robyn in that regard. Never trying to convolute things and knows how to perfectly convey the human experience without pretentious wording. It's authentic expression so it lands so well :bam:

8 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Nnnn not you saying this :suburban:

One would think that if you're making a thread about writing, trying to shade others, you would want to at least be grammatically correct :suburban:

I'm not even from an English speaking country & i'm still trying my best, it's not comparable. it's just a thread title and as i'm saying it happened due to the way I kept changing it + i already explained it wasn't a direct shade to someone

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

You only got yourself to blame for your own illiteracy :celestial5:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not some Swifties trying to change the subject because they got triggered by the question 

The answer is... Yes and no. Every talented artist has their own style of songwriting that you can appreciate. Simple, wordy, poetry style :bird: 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, VeniceBeach said:

Not some Swifties trying to change the subject because they got triggered by the question 

The answer is... Yes and no. Every talented artist has their own style of songwriting that you can appreciate. Simple, wordy, poetry style :bird: 

Basically this. What matters in the end is if the songwriter is able to convey the message of their lyrics to the listeners. Everyone has their own style, albeit some more well-received than others. Lorde did such a great job in her verse though. Not only did it come off so relatable, but it was also moving, and most people who've listened to the remix probably feel the same way about her verse.

Some Swifties in here getting so triggered when Taylor wasn't even mentioned by the OP. There are so many songwriters using flowery words out there. Well, if the shoe fits, I guess... :rip:

Though to be fair to Taylor, she has had some great songwriting moments in her previous albums, but TTPD is not one of them. The drags from that fanbase calling people illiterate or having lack of taste for not "getting" the album is insane.

• Thumbs Down 1

quite honestly did y'all need a reminder about this?

since the very start of her career Ella has proved she's a force to be reckoned among the sharpest pesn of her generation 

and that aspect of hers was far from gone on solar power.

your attempts on shading her writing on the album just come off as ridiculous considering that oceanic feeling is one of the best written songs of the decade so far

also, even tho it's not as impressive as oceanic feeling from a standpoint of literature, hold no grudge hits hard

there are countless lyrical highlights on SP which are among her best ever

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2024 at 11:00 AM, HonourableVomit said:

She's BEEN one of the best writers in pop since she was 15. 

Bravado is better than 30 year old Taylor lyrics for example. 

A lot of artists always say their debut album is their best work because they have a whole life of untapped inspiration to write about, and I definitely feel that rings true for Lorde as well as she kinda peaked with Bravado

1 hour ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Girl, you need to get out of Twitter lol

Everything you see there you think is a conversation topic. It's crazy 

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

Girl, you need to get out of Twitter lol

Everything you see there you think is a conversation topic. It's crazy 

No? I randomly saw this tweet on my for you page and I realized how similar it was to my ATRL thread so I just posted it here? :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

On 6/21/2024 at 5:09 AM, FolkLover1989 said:

It's funny how you all can't even discuss your fav for single minute without shading Taylor 

Some help is genuinely needed lol

Ironic considering you guys cant celebrate Taylor's achievements without bringing other female artists down :toofunny3:

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.