Rolling Stone confirms: Katy reunites with Dr. Luke

halcyonday

14 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Even if we were to ignore the moral disaster this decision entails (and no, we're NOT gonna ignore it), it's embarassing that she's returning to Luke in the hopes of getting a hit.

For years, her haters have attributed her success to Luke and she went ahead and said "YES! That's correct! Me and my 15-year-old career are hopeless without Dr. Luke! I am literally incapable of producing a hit without a rapist! ☝️😃". Does she have zero confidence in her artistry? :dies:

There are endless producers, both established and up-and-coming, who would work with her, but she's gonna rehabilitate an abuser instead. Like @Communion said, this doesn't just deserve to bomb, it needs to. It needs to bomb so hard it sends ripples through the industry and no one dares touching his recycled beats ever again.

:clap3:  she deserves the bombage for being so stupid to bring him back like there isn't a million of producers out there

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• SmittenCake

• halcyonday

• KatyPrismSpirit

This is what her update accounts are up to now:

It's very much giving:

GQh0z6xW8AAbjPn?format=jpg&name=small

Theyve lost their mind 

• Haha 12

15 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

It's very much giving:

Theyve lost their mind 

Let them enjoy it because that's the only chart-watching they'll be doing this year.

:rogue:

• Haha 5

There's not really a reason for this which isn't short-sighted. It ultimately doesn't even matter if Kesha's allegations against Luke are true or not - the reality is that the majority of pop fans (and a good chunk of the GP) believe that the allegations are true. Dr Luke has a smeared reputation regardless, so choosing to work with him again was just a plain dumb move the part of her and her team.

When it comes to the actual music, I don't have much to say that others haven't already said. It's baffling that her most 'mature' material still lies on her debut. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

It's very much giving:

Theyve lost their mind 

I- :dies: :deadbanana2:

Kesha's tweet has 7m more views tho so who's really winning :gaycat4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Even if we were to ignore the moral disaster this decision entails (and no, we're NOT gonna ignore it), it's embarassing that she's returning to Luke in the hopes of getting a hit.

For years, her haters have attributed her success to Luke and she went ahead and said "YES! That's correct! Me and my 15-year-old career are hopeless without Dr. Luke! I am literally incapable of producing a hit without a rapist! ☝️😃". Does she have zero confidence in her artistry? :dies:

There are endless producers, both established and up-and-coming, who would work with her, but she's gonna rehabilitate an abuser instead. Like @Communion said, this doesn't just deserve to bomb, it needs to. It needs to bomb so hard it sends ripples through the industry and no one dares touching his recycled beats ever again.

summed up perfectly :clap3: nothing more to say here, really 

• Like 2

I still remember how Lady Aqua has written "Hello" for her and she decided to ignore this enormous hit.

Katy has been looking insecure for a while now. You can see it in her eyes. It's not shocking at all she ran back to Mr Luke. Maybe after this album she'll finally take a hint that she needs to stop chasing hits. Also she needs to realize pop music had changed a lot since 2010. Her pure pop songs won't do any better than what Ava Max has been releasing. Katy will be very lucky if she gets a Motto sized hit. But at this point even Ava has a better ear was for pure pop hits than Mrs. Bloom. That's why she rejected WW allegedly.:coffee2:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

thank you for your work @TomTom, @CroNich and @SmittenCake :clap3:

That Katy Kat getting dragged all up AND DOWN this thread :clap3:

Alfred coming out of nowhere and getting himself another perma :clap3:

The Xtina stan getting lashed :clap3:

Katy's career finally being over :clap3:

Edited by BLΔCKP!NK
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

They should have never made up the contract lie :ahh:

:hoetenks:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

'Are you a real KatyCat or a fake KatyCat?' :rip: She knows. I feel Witness 2.0 meltdowns incoming.

• Haha 3

Katy has posted a new Instagram post: yes, she will release it. :rip:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

'Are you a real KatyCat or a fake KatyCat?' :rip: She knows. I feel Witness 2.0 meltdowns incoming.

'Start ur engines' 

It will be some RuPaul-sque gay club song, I guess. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bends said:

Katy has posted a new Instagram post: yes, she will release it. :rip:

"Are you a real Katycat or a fake Katycat?"

So, are fans criticizing her for returning to Luke "fake Katycats" or what does she mean by that? :rip:

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Mb139 Kesha52nd said:

I love how this era is shaping up to be the most expensive era in her career yet she's going to flop.

Not only her downfall is coming, but she's also going broke:keir:

If she gets a hit song this era u should be banned because u were wrong.

• Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, Distantconstellation said:

If she gets a hit song this era u should be banned because u were wrong.

Have you ever heard of opinions? You're entitled to yours hunny but the facts clearly suggest she's going to flop.

The reception so far has been terrible and the snippet is awful not to mention working with someone the GP has cancelled.

:coffee2:

• Like 3

I hope she serves a smash like this :coffee:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hobbes said:

There's not really a reason for this which isn't short-sighted. It ultimately doesn't even matter if Kesha's allegations against Luke are true or not - the reality is that the majority of pop fans (and a good chunk of the GP) believe that the allegations are true. Dr Luke has a smeared reputation regardless, so choosing to work with him again was just a plain dumb move the part of her and her team.

When it comes to the actual music, I don't have much to say that others haven't already said. It's baffling that her most 'mature' material still lies on her debut. 

The Kats have convinced themselves that the "GP doesn't care". What they are ignoring is that the GP doesn't care because the GP doesn't care about Katy Perry music in 2024. That is why she NEEDS the online fans to care about this, but many of them are not going to be seen touching this out of fear of being shamed lol. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

These conclusions over a video that was recorded like months ago, before the Luke news :bibliahh:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, Mb139 Kesha52nd said:

Have you ever heard of opinions? You're entitled to yours hunny but the facts clearly suggest she's going to flop.

The reception so far has been terrible and the snippet is awful not to mention working with someone the GP has cancelled.

But u were wrong. There has to be consequences to that. 

• Thumbs Down 2

11 minutes ago, Sannie said:

The Kats have convinced themselves that the "GP doesn't care". What they are ignoring is that the GP doesn't care because the GP doesn't care about Katy Perry music in 2024. That is why she NEEDS the online fans to care about this, but many of them are not going to be seen touching this out of fear of being shamed lol. 

The GP doesn't care. It's only u gays on pop forums and on Twitter that care or rather u pretend to care. But yall are like less than 1% of the population. Yall don't make a dent otherwise people like cupcake or all these other artists would be scoring multi smashes non stop. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

16 minutes ago, Mb139 Kesha52nd said:

Gays on pop forums and twitter*

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Saweetie?

Yup. It's a wrap. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Distantconstellation said:

But u were wrong. There has to be consequences to that. 

I love how your grammar doesn't make any sense.

Saying "you were wrong" when the single didn't even drop. :bibliahh:

Just keep on believing I'll get banned. Surely it'll happen.:suburban:

• Haha 3

Why does that one user keep blaming "the gays" in every thread? Chill out with the internalized homophobia 

ava-max-gagaxkoci.gif

• Haha 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.