• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• professor2000

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• genio

• State of Grace.

This song was already amazing with Ariana alone. This remix is an incendio!🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

How's this doing on the charts so far?

😭😭😭😭😭my heart

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, ariesgroove said:

surprised to see people being so mixed about this, i think brandy and monica were great on this track, literally went in the booth and stacked tf outta those vocals, flat voices where? :skull:

ATRL can't appreciate real SINGERS, sadly.

OT: I really liked this. It's a step up from the original song imo.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, qurl said:

😭😭😭😭😭my heart

awww, I just know Whitney is somewhere smiling looking down on her girls :heart:

• Like 5

Listen to it on your high-quality headphones girlie. The harmonisation in every single sentence is insane. Not to mention the bridge

• Like 2

Ariana is literally out of her mind for not making this the first single, she totally destroyed the era with making yes and the first single :shakeno:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

I question people saying this is bad. Before you come for my taste, come get you some TASTE of quality here!!! 

24 minutes ago, Loroy said:

The never ending negativity on this forum never ceases to amaze me :deadbanana:

The remix is amazing - the mixing is great and that bridge... THAT BRIDGE!!! :clap3:

I swear they either need better headphones or are just trolling

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, qurl said:

😭😭😭😭😭my heart

But what happened? I just dont get it? And what does her boy being in the hospital have anything to do with it?

I like how she made Brandy and Monica the focus of the single artwork. I think Ariana is a class act when it comes to showing respect to those who came before her - she's shown this time and time before with Aretha, Madonna, Patti, Mariah etc also.

• Like 5

the best remix of a pop single in a very long time I fear :jonny5:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

I swear they either need better headphones or are just trolling

Like WHAT?! Can't relate to them with my airpod pros 2! :suburban:

9 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

But what happened? I just dont get it? And what does her boy being in the hospital have anything to do with it?

they had a feud ever since the original The Boy is Mine bc the media pitted them against one another (as to who was the main R&B girl of the 90s) , then they kinda made up years later and did another song together , then Monica kinda popped off again right after and then they did a Versuz in like 2020 where Monica looked like she didn't wanna be there at all , but this remix brought them together again and Monica says their relationship is healed for real this time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, qurl said:

they had a feud ever since the original The Boy is Mine bc the media pitted them against one another (as to who was the main R&B girl of the 90s) , then they kinda made up years later and did another song together , then Monica kinda popped off again right after and then they did a Versuz in like 2020 where Monica looked like she didn't wanna be there at all , but this remix brought them together again and Monica says their relationship is healed for real this time

Yeah thank you but what does her boy in the hospital have anything to do with this whole thing? That tweet is so vague and confusing :chick1:

the bridge to the end... oh my... god...

8920ddfa4481eaceee91f261c73371d1.320x240

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Yeah thank you but what does her boy in the hospital have anything to do with this whole thing? That tweet is so vague and confusing :chick1:

I think it's about when you are in a bad situation, you want to confide in someone else to find comfort. And Monica actually talked to Brandy => just to show how she values this friendship

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

why are you hung up on that ?? her son happened to be in the hospital and the fact that she made up with Brandy allowed Brandy to be there for her in a distressing time ? there's not really anything confusing about it

• Like 1

I fear anyone who doesn't like this remix is tasteless and don't appreciate REAL singers . Cause the way Brandy and Monica ate and elevated an already great Ariana song .

• Like 7

The way this builds to the finale which is a nod to the original song 

spacer.png

This is truly excellent 

spacer.png

Edited by Blue Monday
  • Like 3

The ONLY thing I don't like is the effects on brandy and Monicas vocals mainly brandy. It wasn't needed. 

but vocally they are that

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, qurl said:

why are you hung up on that ?? her son happened to be in the hospital and the fact that she made up with Brandy allowed Brandy to be there for her in a distressing time ? there's not really anything confusing about it

No I wasnt hung up. I just did not understand what she was saying :skull: like she mentioned it and I did not understand anything.

I swear I hear new things everytime I listen.  Yall notice on bridge the bass is the same as the original BTIM from the 90s. 

:gaycat6:

1 hour ago, Yog said:

WHEN IT SAMPLED THE OG BRIDGE SOMETHING SHIFTED

spacer.png

Yes I didn't even notice at first lmao. I was so focused on the vocals when I first heard it.  

:jonny5:

The harmonies :jonny6::jonny6::jonny6: the BRIDGE :jonny4::jonny4::jonny4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.