• professor2000

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• genio

• State of Grace.

4 hours ago, Apolonio said:

Brandy definitely elevated the song for the better 

Her voice is like butter

• Like 4

Doesn't top the original but I'm glad she invited them on a remix, not just the video. Might grow on me with time. I wish the last part was all over the song.

3 hours ago, kayliah said:

she's a contralto look it up... her voice is so low same as toni braxton ... u have ears right whitney was mezzo ...

I do have ears and I'm a Brandy stan. Her voice is a Mezzo-Soprano. Whitney is also one. They have a similar tone. 

Nowadays, Brandy has a lower register yes but she's not ever gonna be in the Contralto range like Toni Braxton. Listen to Brandy's Remix of The Roof with Mariah... It's not hard to hear.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, professor2000 said:

The second song honestly should've just stayed in the vault. 💀  It wasn't a strong song at all.  And the past drama on top of it wasn't a good combination.  

I blame Rico Love, he was NOT the writer they needed to do that song with! 

39 minutes ago, stephen1108 said:

I blame Rico Love, he was NOT the writer they needed to do that song with! 

OK!! When I heard he was involved I just knew it would be a mess lol.  

2 hours ago, kayliah said:

No one really cares for ariana this year  theres no hype in the media she also its six months in the era and theres a hate train towars her homewrecking  ways and making a man leave her pregnant wife/ newborn. I love the album and her music but i dont like ariana  as a person with her piss poor manners and weird baby speaking and spoiled ways.

She def lost some momentum with that long break + the rumors.  Damn.  She seemed invincible the era prior.  

2 hours ago, kayliah said:

No one really cares for ariana this year  theres no hype in the media she also its six months in the era and theres a hate train towars her homewrecking  ways and making a man leave her pregnant wife/ newborn. I love the album and her music but i dont like ariana  as a person with her piss poor manners and weird baby speaking and spoiled ways.

Is this hate train in the room with us? She got one of her biggest hits ever this year and the album has been consistently in the Top 3 most streamed female albums since its release and it dipped under 10M daily streams only once

Let's not even get into the last part...coming from a Selena stan  :foxaylove3:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just now, State of Grace. said:

Is this hate train in the room with us? She got one of her biggest hits ever this year and the album has been consistently in the Top 3 most streamed female albums since its release and it dipped under 10M daily streams only once

Let's not even get into the last part...coming from a Selena stan  :foxaylove3:

Also is predicted to get Grammy nominations in the top categories next year….. :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Matchatea said:

Also is predicted to get Grammy nominations in the top categories next year….. :coffee:

I'd even say WCBF is a Pop Solo contender for now. Speaking of, I wonder if they can sneak this remix into some categories :coffee:

• Like 1

There is something going on with the mixing. I thought it was maybe due to Mimi recording it in a home studio or something and maybe that's the issue here too - though the bridge vocals sound fine - though it's great she listened to criticism and saw fans wanted something new added so the remixes didn't feel so karaoke like Mariah's did.

26 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I'd even say WCBF is a Pop Solo contender for now. Speaking of, I wonder if they can sneak this remix into some categories :coffee:

I def see her winning pop solo album and another Grammy or two! Pop duo is def hers if she is el:giraffe:igible 

• Like 1

The bridge is so heavenly and that final chorus. Kind of agree the verses feels kind of lifeless but nonetheless this is a maximum joint slay :jonny6:

Love Brandy's voice.
Lemme go back to Two Eleven and stream the smash hit Wildest Dreams.

• Like 1

I got back to the OG after 1 stream of whatever that thing is. Off key badly edited,badly mixed and vocal production was off. Hope the 15 mins it took to make this boost the song on the charts.

• Thumbs Down 2

The remix has had a cute debut, fwiw. Basically the numbers that were expected. I did not expect it to do huge numbers, personally. It may stay stable IG?

The OG rised, which I didn't expect. But I think it may be able to re-enter the top 20 and go top 10, eventually, if it takes off on TikTok or stays stable/grows in streams.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.