Why is Ariana's new era doing so poorly on Billboard Hot100?

corotinho

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

It's been a while since one of OP's meltdowns. Is Ms Gomez still on her social media break?

:clack:

Sadly, yes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• corotinho

• ariananext

• OrgVisual

• glitch

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

It's been a while since one of OP's meltdowns. Is Ms Gomez still on her social media break?

Her solo music career certainly has been on a success break for half a decade now. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Why Ariana's fans are not able to argue against the thread with stats, but only attacking me or the queen of pop, Selena Gomez?

• Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, ariananext said:

Her solo music career certainly has been on a success break for half a decade now. 

Calm Down 28 weeks on top10, a bigger hit than anything on Ariana's career, from 2022

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, corotinho said:

is it good?

gretchen.gif

Just now, brazil said:

gretchen.gif

gretchen amp GIF

• Thumbs Down 1

As much as ATRL doesn't want to admit it, the homewrecking thing did leave a sour taste in people's mouths and she did lose a lot of people with that.

• Thanks 4

Just now, Burn said:

As much as ATRL doesn't want to admit it, the homewrecking thing did leave a sour taste in people's mouths and she did lose a lot of people with that.

Thanks

I don't know, I feel like WCBF has done perfectly fine. It seems like the Hot 100 is just super competitive right now. 

I guess this is it for Arianka, she will have to pursue an acting career. Bless her. :cries:

Bad faith: the thread.

28 minutes ago, corotinho said:

Why is Sabrina not having this bad time on Hot100?

Espresso: 7-22-4-8-9-6-5-6-

The way you laid it out, it's supposed to be 7-22-1-1-1-1-1-1 with how MASSIVE Espresso is. Just to show how the charts work these days

I think just bad timing (for wcbf). Had it come out at the start of the year when there wasn't such unprecedented competition it would've spent a lot longer in the top 10. It just got unlucky that as its streams started to slow down there was album bomb after album bomb and so many major hits.

yes, and? just didn't resonate in the US.

• Like 1

Just now, UnusualBoy said:

I guess this is it for Arianka, she will have to pursue an acting career. Bless her. :cries:

she's already trying, but sadly not everyone can do that with maestry, or being an Cannes winner

Just now, OrgVisual said:

The way you laid it out, it's supposed to be 7-22-1-1-1-1-1-1 with how MASSIVE Espresso is. Just to show how the charts work these days

Thank you, you made it clear. Even with the big competition on the charts right now, a big hit is still managing to make it's way to the top10. Not every song can do that

The Hot100 Top10 became super competitive the past 2months?

• Like 1

Some of you forgot that she was one of the most hated person this year. The era was a mess and she herself was too. 

8 minutes ago, corotinho said:

Thank you, you made it clear. Even with the big competition on the charts right now, a big hit is still managing to make it's way to the top10. Not every song can do that

Thank you, you made it clear. Even with the big competition on the charts right now, WCBF managed to debut #1 and chart 6 weeks inside top 10. So it's a big hit. Not every artist can do that this year

:khalyan:

• Haha 1

Her songs are so bland and unmemorable. I feel so sorry for young people today who have to grow up  with her terrible, cheap knockoff version of The Boy Is Mine, instead of the incredible Brandy & Monica.

And, Queen Victoria got her revenge.

Blow Kiss Flirt GIF by Victoria Justice
Hair Flip GIF by Victoria Justice

Her music resonated more with Asia than western countries this era. Plus, the Hot 100 is super competitive this year.

I feel like none of the major pop girlies really slayed this year when it came to singles. Sabrina is the only outlier. None of Dua's singles did well in the US. Texas Hold 'Em felt big at the time, but now it's hype is gone. Both of Ariana's singles lasted only a few weeks in the top 10. And Fortnight is already out of the top 10 as well.

Country, folk, and rap are REALLY dominating this year. The pop girls are fighting for their lives.

Edited by britxbrit

3 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

Thank you, you made it clear. Even with the big competition on the charts right now, WCBF managed to debut #1 and chart 6 weeks inside top 10. So it's a big hit. Not every artist can do that this year

:khalyan:

6 weeks on top10 is not a big hit, no matter how hard you try

YA and WCBF were not the biggest hits of the year, but still two cute #1 hits which are not so Easy to get

yes, and? did poorly but WCBF is doing like a normal hit. We are so used to hits having crazy longevity lately that sometimes forget how songs used to perform. 13 weeks in the top 20, 6 of them in the top 10 is more than fine. 

Edited by thatsmydemi

Not bad for an actress