Terrible lyrics from TTPD: a compilation

NEX

2 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

The memes are only about this new album. Vocal capacity has little to do with melodies :rip: We're not speaking of vocal arrangements here. She stays in her lane with mostly the same range of chords, but her hooks are undeniable. Most of her singles sans Speak Now and her debut (more local to the US) are arguably recognized by the GP and not only her fanbase. Ariana works with some of the best in the game for her melodies. Taylor has proven to know how to come up with them on her own…

Yes, I know Taylor comes up with them on her own but if you aren't a fan of hers or a Swiftie they don't sound unique or catchy. I saw those memes before TTPD came out so it's been talked about prior: https://www.reddit.com/r/TaylorSwift/comments/13v6n3k/ive_seen_several_people_state_they_feel_most_of/

It's from 2023. Not saying her melodies are bad but I do think what she's scored so many fans on is mostly her lyrics which is why it's the thing that she's mostly praised for (or has been before TTPD). 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NEX

• Klein

• dirrtydiana

• Badgalbriel

Basic, remedial OTHs in here acting like "soliloquy" and "sanctimonious" are huge words that anyone has to run to the thesaurus to know. :coffee: Just because y'all haven't picked up a book since The Great Gatsby or To Kill A Mockingbird in the 10th grade.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Damn this weirdo got so butthurt about nobody agreeing with them in the album thread so they proceeded to have a meltdown by making a dumb useless thread? Some of you are genuinely insane and bitter

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6. Did you really beam me up in a cloud of sparkling dust just to do experiments on? - girl what? 

The verses are an alien abduction metaphor lol

she should have kept the same energy she had with folklore but decided to let herself flop, typical broom

45 minutes ago, CokeDestroyer said:

she should have kept the same energy she had with folklore but decided to let herself flop, typical broom

I don't think inspiration works that way. Plus we were in a pandemic and she really wanted to prove herself after lover 

Why is everyone always so serious about the lyrics in So High School? I thought it was cute and fun. 

• Like 4

You're 100% right. Those lyrics are cringe and the production is even worse. Horrible album

• Thumbs Down 1

20 hours ago, Talento said:

You missed "touch me while your bros play Grand Theft Auto"

yLBJfPh.thumb.gif.f5d471af57297dcd63914e

omg is that a real line from one of her new songs? :lmao:

How many streams did you give Taylor for this:bibliahh:

• Haha 2

:ahh: 

10 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

The album has great lyrics outside of your cherry picking, but I'm sure you already know that

I know that. I'm just pointing out the bad ones, because as I said in my opening sentence the fans on atrl seem to be convinced that the album is perfect and any opinion outside of religious praise gets castigated. But just because the album has great lyrics doesn't mean it's great because all the bad lyrics take away from its shine and put it squarely in the mid category. 

Taking the time to analize all her lyrics from a 31 song album. Wow. Girl with all the variety of music out there, if you listen to a sogn and dislike it, why do you even bother to listen to it again? Let alone analize the lyrics and open debates about its lyrics... 

Edited by taylor__fan

you're doing god work right here :clap3:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Frogger17 said:

Basic, remedial OTHs in here acting like "soliloquy" and "sanctimonious" are huge words that anyone has to run to the thesaurus to know. :coffee: Just because y'all haven't picked up a book since The Great Gatsby or To Kill A Mockingbird in the 10th grade.....

Not Swifties acting sanctimonious just like their fav :rip: I've seen many tiktoks of Swifties acting like they are the intellectual ones cuz they are listening to Taylor Swift and this post here is another exhibit 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, OrgVisual said:

Not Swifties acting sanctimonious just like their fav :rip: I've seen many tiktoks of Swifties acting like they are the intellectual ones cuz they are listening to Taylor Swift and this post here is another exhibit 

Some Swifties on here claimed you needed higher IQ to listen to Taylor and to be able to comprehend this misunderstood masterpiece. As if we don't understand all the dumbass space or toys metaphors. 

• Haha 1

is this how you pathetic losers cope? :ahh: 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Luckitty said:

the way she takes viral slangs and quotes from twitter and use them in her lyrics :redface: 

this, cause on Midnights she also had "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail" on Mastermind which is a quote i see everyday on linkedin :dies:

She just tries so hard to write in the style of Lana and it never works out 

I love a lot of Taylor's music but I don't respect anyone that defends TTPD.  

@NEX

Eventhough I agree with what you posted, I want to know what happened because you were downvoting me and everyone saying some of her music has been bad lately and now you did a complete 180.

If you listened to TTPD and changed your mind I have to say I respect you more than most swifties.

Edited by Digitalism
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Eventhough I agree with you posted, I want to know what happened because you were downvoting me and everyone saying some of her music has been bad lately and now you did a complete 180.

If you listened to TTPD and changed your mind I have to say I respect you more than most swifties.

If I ever downvoted you it was probably for a different reason. On the album's release week I said in the album thread that TTPD was her worst album outside debut. My opinion of it slightly improved since, and I now I think it's on the level of Lover/Midnights/Reputation. So I didn't really do any kind of 180. I just kept my criticism of it within the album thread, but Swifties were too fragile about it and couldn't handle even the slightest negative opinions.. You can even see some of them (like @Starchild on this page) popping their veins going for personal attacks because their entire identity and mental wellbeing seems connected to Taylor and her music. And plenty others did the same throughout this thread. 

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2024 at 8:14 AM, SleepingTigers said:

This obsession isn't healthy. The album came out in April. Move on already. 

I mean there's new versions every week that keeps reminding us about it 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2024 at 8:14 AM, SleepingTigers said:

This obsession isn't healthy. The album came out in April. Move on already. 

the same can be said to miss Taylor about the chart gimmicks she's still pulling sweaty

Edited by ImpressMeMuch
  • Thanks 1

The fact a thread was made for this like how salty are you guys holy crap. 

She should get 10 writers per song like Beyonce I guess 

Anyways she will continue to sell and you people will continue to whine and complain, moaning about a few lines from a long album like really. 

Edited by ForgottenSoul

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.