Terrible lyrics from TTPD: a compilation

NEX

3 minutes ago, NEX said:

No ma'am. The album thread has turned into an echo chamber of unadulterated praise. Any form of criticism is extremely unwelcome. So forgive me for creating a thread instead of posting it there :bird:

Oh wow, I may have gotten one wrong. Let's ignore the other 20/30 terrible lines. Typical Swiftie behaviour: deflection. 

I don't even need to read the others to know most of them are bullshit, if you can't comprehend the simplest one

• Thanks 11
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NEX

• Klein

• dirrtydiana

• Badgalbriel

13 minutes ago, SlimyGhoul said:

I agree with you mostly, but there are much worse lines in this album you could've included! LOTS of them. 

I know there are more, that's why I asked for suggestions. What did I miss? 

Just now, NEX said:

I know there are more, that's why I asked for suggestions. What did I miss? 

I actually was gonna quote the 1830s one but I missed it in my initial read through 🤭 ur right!!! 
I wanted to like this album so badly but she focused too much on writing lyrics and not making music. And then the lyrics were bad. Lmao. Bad album overall imo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People take the lyrics of down bad too seriously for the context of the song :toofunny2:

• Thanks 1

Just now, Badgalbriel said:

I don't even need to read the others to know most of them are bullshit, if you can't comprehend the simplest one

So how did you discover item #11 on my list without looking at the others? Make it make sense please. Now you pretend to ignore all the examples of terrible writing on the album because there's no way of defending any of them. Yet the delusional ones still like to pretend that this is a good album despite all the mistakes. It's ok to say that this is a bad album. Your Swiftie badge will still be intact, Taylor will still be a successful billionaire and the world will continue spinning. This is what most of you don't understand. It's ok to critique your own fave. It's not an actual cult, unless I'm missing something? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

it seems like chatgpt gave her those "creative" ideas and she decided to put them on her songs.

:foxaylove3:

It's the lack of comprehension for me :toofunny2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, NEX said:

No ma'am. The album thread has turned into an echo chamber of unadulterated praise. Any form of criticism is extremely unwelcome. So forgive me for creating a thread instead of posting it there :bird:

Criticism is very much welcomed. :bird:

Delusional takes about how Taylor's legacy and career are doomed and tarnished when she is continuing to thrive in every way possible way will however be rightfully called out as overdramatic meltdowns. Seems like you just couldn't accept that the Taylor in your mind and the Taylor of the real world don't overlap.  :cm:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, NEX said:

Oh wow, I may have gotten one wrong. Let's ignore the other 20/30 terrible lines. Typical Swiftie behaviour: deflection. 

I have criticized Taylor releasing tons of new variants in the album thread. Sure there was some resistance, but I still could have an honest discussion about it. Why is that? Could it be that I come with good faith criticism unlike others? 

17 minutes ago, NEX said:

Talking about deflection, yet purposely ignoring the part where I'm talking about how it is foolish to look at isolated lines to form an opinion. I see. Also, how can we believe you are supposed to have formed an honest opinion about these songs if even the most trivial metaphor on one of the most discussed song on the album is already challenging for your comprehension skills? 

I'll leave you there. Have fun pretending to be this victim of Swifties who's only way to express their opinion is to make a thread with the sole purpose of gathering every OTH in this community to once again throw drags at Taylor like it's not already a bi-daily occurence on this website. How reveuse of you!

Edited by Klein
  • Like 11

This is the saddest post :laugh: Like just don't listen and move on. Lifeless Twink

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Lyrics like Who's afraid of little old me?" You should be or And you deserve prison, but you won't get time doesn't deserve a thread for all that i am afraid 

9rSBmwN.thumb.gif.c0a5c34046fe8519b5d538

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, NEX said:

And what you're trying to create is yet another attempt of a hater circlejerk about how bad this album is! As if we haven't had enough of those on the album release week :dies: All of that for some OTH sympathy points. 

As Klein said, me and them have criticized the various release of variants as we see them as pointless but the difference is that we don't feel the need to elevate the discussion further as calling Taylor a villain or anything of the sort. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

DkgsXO.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

She's an average writer who writes like she's still in high school.

She basically writes young adult fiction.

:celestial5:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Not only is she number 1 in the US and UK, but also number 1 in your mind! 

:ryan3:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 12
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Klein said:

I have criticized Taylor releasing tons of new variants in the album thread. Sure there was some resistance, but I still could have an honest discussion about it. Why is that? Could it be that I come with good faith criticism unlike others? 

Talking about deflection, yet purposely ignoring the part where I'm talking about how it is foolish to look at isolated lines to form an opinion. I see. Also, how can we believe you are supposed to have formed an honest opinion about these songs if even the most trivial metaphor on one of the most discussed song on the album is already challenging for your comprehension skills? 

I'll leave you there. Have fun pretending to be this victim of Swifties who's only way to express their opinion is to make a thread with the sole purpose of gathering every OTH in this community to once again throw drags at Taylor like it's not already a bi-daily occurence on this website. How reveuse of you!

Oh no, you criticised the variants with *minimal resistance*. How honourable of you and the rest of the fanbase for the minimal pushback. 

Also, do I have to post the lyrics of an entire song to point out how bad that one line in it might be? What kind of argument is that. Certain lines don't work no matter the context. They are terrible lines no matter how hard you can try to defend them. I could never make this thread about Folklore because there were virtually no bad lines on it. She snapped on that album. On this album she tried really hard to snap even harder, but ended up sounding like a parody of herself. This is honestly her worst written album that makes Lover look Shakespearean. I get it, it's new and you all feel attacked by the media and every other fanbase on a daily basis, so you rally behind its success, that's why any criticism of its quality hurts so bad, but it is what it is I'm sorry to say. I can still love Taylor's music and be critical of this album without the need to be told to touch the grass, having my reading comprehension questioned, being called an OTH or a lifeless twink. 

• Thumbs Down 1

this is some terrible **** 

michael-jackson-reading.gif

• Like 1

This is just glorified Wattpad level fanfiction 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

And what you're trying to create is yet another attempt of a hater circlejerk about how bad this album is! As if we haven't had enough of those on the album release week :dies: All of that for some OTH sympathy points. 

As Klein said, me and them have criticized the various release of variants as we see them as pointless but the difference is that we don't feel the need to elevate the discussion further as calling Taylor a villain or anything of the sort. 

Massive respect to you as well for mildly criticising the variants in the politest way possible :clap3:

But when it comes to criticising the lyrics or the production of this album you're all silent and instead resort to "xx song is hitting hard today" types of posts. Like I said, that thread turned into an echo chamber and everyone who disagrees or criticises anything is viciously attacked by the hoard of delulus. 

You're all just enablers at the end of the day.  

• Thumbs Down 1

You could quite literally isolate lyrics for any album by any pop girl and make a similar thread, yet ATRL is acting as if this somehow gags :rip:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

The OP having a meltdown :suburban:

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 8

I like the album but there are a few dud lyrics. The worst has to be "I'm so depressed I act like it's my birthday - everyday". Even if somebody could (I've asked around & nobody can) explain to me what tf that's supposed to mean, it's downright stupid. Maybe it's the delivery. 1st listen, random but sure. Progressively with more plays, it's become more & more aggravating to the point I don't put the song on anymore. It's painfully childish, can't take it seriously

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, NEX said:

Massive respect to you as well for mildly criticising the variants in the politest way possible :clap3:

But when it comes to criticising the lyrics or the production of this album you're all silent and instead resort to "xx song is hitting hard today" types of posts. Like I said, that thread turned into an echo chamber and everyone who disagrees or criticises anything is viciously attacked by the hoard of delulus. 

You're all just enablers at the end of the day.  

As others have pointed out to you, you can isolate any lyrics on any pop girl album (Gaga, Katy, Bey, etc) and it will look as ridiculous as these do (and some of them are not as bad as you made them to be). 

Context matters and the use of metaphors is not for everyone, I see. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.