Final predictions (6/29): Please Please Please #1

B-Luke

1 hour ago, Julia Fox said:

If Island is smart they send this to radio on Monday/Tuesday because this is already getting 1M airplay with no official release! This is the chance to make stop the close gap between her and Morgan :jonnycat: please hurry up! And release the remixes, sped up and acapella and then they should keep pushing Espresso to go #1 eventually lol the way they seem to have a fetish with that song 

Unless Espresso significantly gains in streaming, I think its chances at #1 are done. There is just not much more room to grow on the other metrics. It got 28k in sales this past week and is already at 15k spins on Pop.

PPP is Sabrina's chance at #1. It barely got any radio or sales this past week.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• pride4jc1222

• Julia Fox

• B-Luke

1 hour ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Unless Espresso significantly gains in streaming, I think its chances at #1 are done. There is just not much more room to grow on the other metrics. It got 28k in sales this past week and is already at 15k spins on Pop.

PPP is Sabrina's chance at #1. It barely got any radio or sales this past week.

I don't think chances are done. It has a lot to keep growing on radio, summer is just starting and it's stable at steaming and sales so I see it happening if the songs that are slaying on radio starts to slow down while Espresso keeps increasing + a performance at a huge show could bring Espresso to number #1. I don't see the Post Malone song doing that much in one month since Morgan is gonna drop another song in three weeks that could overshadow the former with the country audience which is really one of the main supporters of IHSH. So chances are still there but will be not as immediate as everyone would wish. But this song will clearly still be a top 10 hit for two months which is still impressive to anyone eyes 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

If IHSH isn't #1 this week, it's run at #1 is pretty much done. It's being discounted this week and is likely max spins on country. I highly doubt it's going to return to #1 once it starts falling on country.

But Morgan has a new song in less than 3 weeks.

4 hours ago, BeyIridescent said:

but he has ties to Beyonce. And Texas Hold Em did well there

Beyoncé could release an album full of Opera standards and still be high on that airplay chart 

this better pull through this week x

Her team best push Please Please Please this week. Once they see she's blocked on Mondays article at #2 and #3 they better pull something to secure the top spot. :dancehall: 

She should have waited to discount Espresso the week it's peaking on radio tbh :dancehall: 

Her team is so stupid

She had 2 #1s in the bag

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, naval23 said:

Her team is so stupid

She had 2 #1s in the bag

she didn't have a top 40 until this year.

now she appears to have two solo top 3 hits. 

I think she probably doesn't think her team is so stupid for helping get her to this point.

Come on Sabrina!

It looks like Espresso has peaked on streaming. It has dropped to #9 on Apple Music.

5 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

It looks like Espresso has peaked on streaming. It has dropped to #9 on Apple Music.

It has been like that since it's release. Goes up to 6-7 then falls to the top 15 and then is up again. I think it haven't peaked yet just stalled and competition is high 

Sabrina should push PPP this week and secure the #1. Then drop an Espresso remix feat someone like Chappell Roan or Dove Cameron the following week and boom both #1's secured. Someone on her team needs to fired and replaced tbh 

1 minute ago, B-Luke said:

:jonny5:

And that based on streaming alone :jonnycat: imagine if her team really pushed this on radio, this would be an at least three week #1 but well 

• Like 2

Discount it, push it on radio, release instrumental :wanda:

Midweek predictions: 

Keep streaming Please Please Please and A Bar Song!

Edited by pride4jc1222

C'monnn Sabrina!!

7 hours ago, Julia Fox said:

It has been like that since it's release. Goes up to 6-7 then falls to the top 15 and then is up again. I think it haven't peaked yet just stalled and competition is high 

any chance after ppp go #1, espresso can get to number 1?

1 hour ago, jermgazitsang said:

any chance after ppp go #1, espresso can get to number 1?

If it's going to happen, it's going to be the next few weeks while it is at its peak on Pop. Espresso will need a huge push, though. I think A Bar Song has a much better chance, since it has a lot more room to grow on radio (it has both Pop and country, and it's nowhere near its peak in either) than Espresso.

Morgan has a new song coming out in early July, and it's almost certainly going to debut at #1.

Spoiler

Finally they wake up! #1 coming next Monday!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Despite being a midtempo song released in the summer and a Jack Antonoff production, Sabrina Carpenter's "Please Please Please" has debuted at #2, a new record for the "Nonsense" songstress, and is currently predicted to reach #1 next week.

Are you surprised that Jack Antonoff is still finding mainstream success? Does this show that ATRL is out of touch with the GP?

if ATRL hates it, it's a hit! :clap3: Woman's World is coming for 18 weeks #1

• Haha 4

Thanks auto play 

When does Jack Antonoff not win is the question? 
I remember HATING August when it first came out due to the production and suddenly it's everybody's favorite song.

good 4 her

Wow didn't know he produced this. This must be one of the few productions of his that isn't terrible. A broken clock is right twice a day