• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apolonio

• SoldierofLove

• Ethereal

• dillan

Who expected Normani to get good numbers though, I like her but she has no following outside of stan twitter :rip:

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kayseri Mantisi said:

girl it has been less than 24 hours... :rip:

yeah i was planning to listen when it came out at midnight on friday but i forgot :jonny:

also its been out more than 24h 

Yikes. But then again, she's unknown to the GP and had zero hits from this album. 

• Thanks 1

GUYS GUYS IT'S NOT THE REAL ALBUM IT'S A BUZZALBUM ONLY OFC IT'S GONNA DEBUT LOW

spacer.png

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I mean it's about what was expected

Normani is such a visual artist, so it's puzzling that in the three years since Wild Side she couldn't have a visual ready. Her career seems to be a series of puzzling decisions, and it's a shame because the album is enjoyable. This should have been more of a moment. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harrier said:

Who expected Normani to get good numbers though, I like her but she has no following outside of stan twitter :rip:

sorry, i like Normani's music but you'd expect someone with THAT amount of twitter hype to get more than 2.8m streams..

her album announcement on twitter got 250k likes and 52m (!!!!!) views, that's insane - these numbers are awful considering that 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, camilacabelloslaps said:

Can we drop the Camila versus Normani war? Like if you must do that then realize I LUV it literally did more on its first day then this whole album, and it's already at 80 million streams so clearly Normani is a bigger worry but just be grateful she got her album out and put a 3 year old song on it that hasn't even scratched 200 million streams to ensure there's minimal numbers there… 

Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that Camila has been on a commercial downward spiral since her debut, with each album performing worse and her image currently in ruins; she's a laughing stock at the moment. Unlike Camila, Normani won't peak with her debut era. She still has a chance for a revival and future hits, as even casual listeners are tuning in for her album.

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 8

I'm just happy for her she gets to release this album finally. It's like a closure.

• Like 1

All them delays but she actually released it which was more surprising than these numbers 

1 minute ago, Ethereal said:

Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that Camila has been on a commercial downward spiral since her debut, with each album performing worse and her image currently in ruins; she's a laughing stock at the moment. Unlike Camila, Normani won't peak with her debut era. She still has a chance for a revival and future hits, as even casual listeners are tuning in for her album.

i'd be very surprised if Normani releases an album after this.. let's be real 

• Like 2
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 1

gagging over sabrina's basic white girl music just because they have 12m autoplay streams and laughing over normani's excellent album because it only had 2m streams :lmao:

YIKES couldn't be me!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 14
  • Thumbs Down 3

numbers aside, it's a great album especially for a debut :clap3:

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, dillan said:

sorry, i like Normani's music but you'd expect someone with THAT amount of twitter hype to get more than 2.8m streams..

her album announcement on twitter got 250k likes and 52m (!!!!!) views, that's insane - these numbers are awful considering that 

Why do people like you act like Apple Music doesn't exist? The album has been doing great numbers worldwide on AM and has been selling well on iTunes globally

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 minutes ago, dillan said:

i'd be very surprised if Normani releases an album after this.. let's be real 

Well, if Chloe can release a sophomore album after how her debut performed, then Normani certainly can too.

IMG_5763.png?ex=666f880a&is=666e368a&hm=

21 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

I would think you would have more things to worry about, like you know C, XOXO

feel free to comeback to the c,xoxo's thread, because you've been there multiple times 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Friendlyreminder said:

Why do people like you act like Apple Music doesn't exist? The album has been doing great numbers worldwide on AM and has been selling well on iTunes globally

because AM doesn't release numbers? lol

• Confused 1

CULTURE RESET

Vsk0bLc.png

Edited by Raspy
  • Haha 15
  • Thumbs Down 3

with one version only :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, dillan said:

because AM doesn't release numbers? lol

Well maybe Spotify shouldn't release numbers either so people can stop turning music and art into a sport…

The album is in the Top 6 of all albums GLOBALLY on Apple Music and #9 in the USA. In the US she's the #3 female album behind Billie and Taylor

On ITunes she's #3 in the US and has charted in the top 10 in many countries

Spotify (where most of their listeners are free accounts) skews heavily towards pop and country so I'm not surprised Normani hasn't done well there on day 1. There's still plenty of time though, some of the early TikTok vids are getting traction and she hasn't released the music videos

• Like 4

honestly don't know or care if this is "bad". she's talented with tons of potential. she will have commercial success in the future if she keeps working at it

some people on this forum need to seriously ask themselves why they want her to fail

• Like 11

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.