Taylor Swift listeners: Do you actively choose to listen to her "Taylors Versions"?

Jack!

Taylor has been actively releasing her re-recordings of her music since the Scooter Braun issues, and while it's cool to see her take back the music that's hers, she's not always been working with the original producers of the music and I know I've seen a few instances where people prefer the original to the re-recording and it bears the question; despite knowing of her issues with her masters, do you prefer to listen to the OG versions of some of her old work or do you solely stick now to the new "Taylors Versions"?

:lakitu: 

Edited by Jack!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buffy

• Jack!

• dirrtydiana

• PoisonedIvy

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I listen to whichever version I prefer. Some songs sound better with updated vocals, and some are ruined by cheap and haphazard Taylor's Version production.

I couldn't care less who takes my $0.003 per stream. I'm not worried about lining up a billionaire's pockets.

• Like 8

Yes. I listen to them but there are a few songs I don't think sound as good as the OG.

Tell Me Why, You're Not Sorry, SuperStar OG > TV. Sadly.

I'm still salty that she completely ruined We Were Happy. The demo is infinitely superior in every way. I hateeeeeee what they did to the TV production for that song. 

Edited by Buffy

I listen to whatever version comes up first :michael:

The new versions have new songs, it's convenient to have it all in one place. I'm not about to go digging for the OG Red just because the old WANEGBT (a song I hardly even listen to) has better we's

Edited by Illuminati
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Yes. Mostly for the sake of my lastfm tags. But plenty of them are as good as the originals, and even some of the weaker rerecordings don't really bother me because it's just like… funny now. The weee's in WANEGODTV are not good, but they make me smile to myself because of how entertaining it's been to see everyone make fun of them. :laugh:

I always stream Taylor's Version but I only play the "stolen" physical copies and CD imports on my computer. I don't have any Taylor's Version on vinyl.

Only Fearless, because it's the only one that was an improvement. She's a billionaire, she'll survive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Depends on the song

I listen to whatever plays from her discography. I don't really care about the minor changes y'all claim to ruin the TVs. They sound the same to me. So I don't really care. 

• Like 2

This thread gets made every other week :rip: Just look at the album's streams if you're that curious

Not really, I usually prefer the OG, perhaps because of the memory attached to the original (or they are just better lol). There are some interesting very good TV's, though.

I mostly listen to the TVs because the vocals are stronger, the production is less compressed, and the new vault tracks are all in the same place. I don't really do it out of the principle of sticking it to Scooter or whatever, but I also don't buy into the hysterics around some new tracks being "ruined." Even WANEGBT is fine to me (not as good as the original but the original isn't that good of a song to begin with, so :rip: )

• Like 4

not really. I dont touch the tv albums really unless im listening to the vault tracks.

to many memories attached to the og xo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I passively choose to listen to her Taylors Versions.

I've almost entirely switched over, mostly because I do think the mixing is a lot better (at least on the country albums, there is actual space in the mix and Nathan Chapman isn't duetting everything :deadbanana4:) but I haven't gotten used to the Red singles and because I listen to the originals 99% of the time, I never will :gaycat6:

24 minutes ago, By the Water said:

This thread gets made every other week :rip: Just look at the album's streams if you're that curious

I'm not really checking for 2+ week old threads and the point of the thread isn't a drag, I'm just genuinely curious. :skull: I personally listen mostly to her versions now, and also couldn't care less about the streams of the albums.

Only  Taylor albums I like are 1989 reputation and some of red. But if reputation is anything like 1989 I'll listen to the original. 1989 sounded awful remade. Only like red remake and hated the other songs off that album I liked remade.

And really I'm not streaming them just listening to the old version I bought years ago if I feel like listening to her

Edited by Mtjjproducer
  • Like 1

For me, it depends on if the Taylor's Versions are better than the original, and some of them are.

For example, The Way I Loved You, Red and Treacherous TVs are massive upgrades from the originals.

If the TVs aren't better, like Sparks Fly or Style (and most of 1989 TV if we're being real), I'll listen to the original versions.

Fearless and Speak Now TVs are great. Red is hit or miss (but the bad is mainly the singles, which I'm not always gonna listen to anyway). I don't like 1989 TV — I only listen to the original 

I only listen to the OGs. I only use the TVs for the bonus vault tracks.

• Like 1

I think the only OG version I prefer is New Romantics. She butchered the rerecording :sorry:

32 minutes ago, Goaty said:

Fearless and Speak Now TVs are great. Red is hit or miss (but the bad is mainly the singles, which I'm not always gonna listen to anyway). I don't like 1989 TV — I only listen to the original 

spek now tv? gurl listen to enchanted 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.