Name an Artist that you feel is in need of a drastic Reinvention

futuresuperstar2023

On the top of my head Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Cardi B, Shawn Mendes, Bruno Mars and Justin Bieber if he still is interested in music. Bruno is really talented but the retro **** is stale. Cute but stale.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virgos Groove

• futuresuperstar2023

• EnigmaticAndroid

• J.D.

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about Bruno, he needs to find a new, current sound. It's worn out its welcome and flew too close to the sun.

Too many Popular acts of this time are content releasing ok albums cause their fans will eat it up anyways. With the budgets and money they get from touring and **** you have a wide range of resources to do literally anything. All that money to release something safe again and again. 

I'm still so, so confused that DJ Sabrina has not already done something with any mainstream acts except The 1975 :rip:

Edited by Wicked
  • Like 3

Beyonce, tbh. Playing the untouchable, I'm too rich, persona is getting tiring. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 10

Sia. Her homeless clown meets Big Bird aesthetic and creepy little girl pantomime started to smell 8 years ago.

• Haha 12

Adele. I'd love for her to release something in the vein of George Michael's Older or Sade's early work.

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 7

Shawn Mendes was my first thought tbh. He's like in his mid-late 20s and that heartthrob-who-can-play-guitar shtick isn't gonna work out at that age. He needs to mature a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

I was thinking about this yesterday. Stevie Wonder signed that never-before-seen contract and started a legendary run. Madonna and Janet signed record-breaking deals and their first instinct was to release their most daring records to date (Erotica and TVR). Prince refused to rehash Purple Rain at the peak of his career, instead giving us stuff like Around the World and Sign O' the Times.

Drake and Taylor sign hundred-million dollar deals and we get... Lover and CLB. :deadbanana4:

I know this sounds corny, but I do think the A-listers have a "responsibility" to take risks and do things other artists aren't allowed to. I'm not saying I want Taylor to do a Sex book or for Drake to masturbate on his interludes, but some risktaking and quality control would be appreciated. :dies:

Taylor cares more about success than artistry, under the faux guise of authenticity when actually most of what she writes is fiction that appeals to her fan base. Charli just releases a more vulnerable and real record than Taylor ™️ could ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Damn, when you really think about it most our MPGs/MPBs are REALLY washed up...

Azealia was right about the disappearance of A&R in favor of profit

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Taylor definitely. We need Uptempo music next and fresher ideas. No more of that predictable Synthpop with *** antonoff.
If she comes with more melancholic ballads like POETS-MIDNIGHTS that would be so boring.

Give us some fun hottie and expensive videos :gayoncecat3:

Pink. Oh my god. Her music feels the same lately :giraffe: 
Avril Lavigne. Avril last record was good and im curious of how she will expand that sound but i want something different in the future
Hope she explores EDM or Urban Music one day. 

Katy Perry. No more overly cutesy stuff for KIDS and TODDLERS. Release maturer stuff Lady. Here for CAMP but with a edgier tone. Like NRO

Kesha. I want Kesha to move a bit from Country-Folk and slowtempo music for one era. I want some fun from her but consistent record and not all over the place like High road.

Shakira should move from a bit from Synthpop and Reggaeton and go back to her latin weird experiments with pop music or go for R&B-Dancehall

Madonna is always catering to the new gens. STOP. Release music for the sake of art. Not to cater to the new gens. Go back to the experimentation pre-COADF-RAY OF LIGHT-LIKE A PRAYER. 

The Weekend music feels to predictable today. I would if he explores his african or maybe something middle eastern

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

I was thinking about this yesterday. Stevie Wonder signed that never-before-seen contract and started a legendary run. Madonna and Janet signed record-breaking deals and their first instinct was to release their most daring records to date (Erotica and TVR). Prince refused to rehash Purple Rain at the peak of his career, instead giving us stuff like Around the World and Sign O' the Times.

Drake and Taylor sign hundred-million dollar deals and we get... Lover and CLB. :deadbanana4:

I know this sounds corny, but I do think the A-listers have a "responsability" to take risks and do things other artists aren't allowed to. I'm not saying I want Taylor to do a Sex book or for Drake to masturbate on his interludes, but some risktaking and quality control would be appreciated. :dies:

They probably just lack the creative vision and drive, which is rather disappointing. Even Bruce Springsteen releasing Tunnel of Love was a very odd decision after a blockbuster album.

These folks not giving you much to talk about, creatively :michael: At least Beyonce continues to challenge herself and expand her catalog.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Badgalbriel said:

Beyonce, tbh. Playing the untouchable, I'm too rich, persona is getting tiring. 

It's not a persona it's who she is now

• Haha 1

I don't get the Beyonce untouchable Rich Persona complaints because  her discography is different every time lmao. Beyonce will never be messy on social media. Bey will not stop being BEYONCE. Bey music is not all the same.

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

I know this sounds corny, but I do think the A-listers have a "responsibility" to take risks and do things other artists aren't allowed to. I'm not saying I want Taylor to do a Sex book or for Drake to masturbate on his interludes, but some risktaking and quality control would be appreciated. :dies:

28 minutes ago, Tropical said:

Taylor cares more about success than artistry, under the faux guise of authenticity when actually most of what she writes is fiction that appeals to her fan base. Charli just releases a more vulnerable and real record than Taylor ™️ could ever.

Do we really have memories this short.

Folklore was considered a hard swerve at the time of its release and had no obvious pop hits. It's easy to underestimate the risk that it was because of the smashery but to follow up a run of 1989/rep/Lover with that was not the obvious move.

I will agree that after Mid/TTPD she does need to risk something again.

• Like 2

Avril... 

Pink, but I think it's too late for her to change without it looking forced.

Shakira, needs a refresh now that she's single.

I would love Beyoncé to put out an album full of songs like Ring The Alarm and Don't Hurt Yourself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Folklore89sm said:

I would love Beyoncé to put out an album full of songs like Ring The Alarm and Don't Hurt Yourself. 

Act 3 may be rock so yes to Don't Hurt Yourself.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

I don't get the Beyonce untouchable Rich Persona complaints because  her discography is different every time lmao. Beyonce will never be messy on social media. Bey will not stop being BEYONCE. Bey music is not all the same.

Exactly, like that had nothing to do with what the OP was talking about but you know how Swifties are lol. 

• Thanks 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.