US House passes bill to auto-register men aged 18 to 26 for selective service

SmittenCake

19 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

You're forgetting that both sides would have an interest in reinstating the draft to defend Israel against Hezbollah and Iran, which would quite possibly the reason for them expanding the draft like this to begin with. As far as American politicians are concerned, Israel is more important than our own country.

Nothing against you particularly, but this post screams fearmongering and I hope no one is believing any of it. 

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmittenCake

• ontherocks

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, JC. said:

Nothing against you particularly, but this post screams fearmongering and I hope no one is believing any of it. 

If you don't think either party would be jumping at the chance to commit American boots to ground warfare in Israel the moment hostilities break out with Iran, then I don't know what to tell you.

Defending Israel and killing Arab Muslims would be popular with the old boomers who would be safe at home and vote. It would only be unpopular with the youth who would be shipped overseas to die and don't vote. That's how it was with Vietnam and Iraq as well. Public opinion only soured on those wars after our military interventions failed to "finish the job."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.