• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmittenCake

• ontherocks

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to wish all of those who called me an "old gay" a lovey time at basic. :hippo:

• Haha 8

Wasn't this already a thing? 

Even if you're applying for financial aid, you have to register for selective service. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

:clap3:

Have you seen those videos of Ukrainian senior citizens and teenage boys being forced to go out into the battle fields? 

• Thanks 2

good luck having gen z fighting anything that's inconvenient to them :ahh: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, JC. said:

Even if you're applying for financial aid, you have to register for selective service. 

you were only required to sign up for selective service if you receive any sort of financial aid. so people who could afford to pay for school out of pocket, or people who skip college didn't have to sign up.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, JC. said:

Yes. The old cap was 25; they raised it to 26.

We had something similar here in Germany. You either had to join the military or do a social year, which means helping old people or whatever. I'm so glad they got rid of it before it was my turn. 

I'm not working for free for my country. I'm not a patriot, leave me alone. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

Have you seen those videos of Ukrainian senior citizens and teenage boys being forced to go out into the battle fields? 

Yeah, have you seen tankies suggesting to Ukranians to give their terrtories to Russians? Is that what you want?

13 minutes ago, JC. said:

4 minutes ago, Cesar said:

you were only required to sign up for selective service if you receive any sort of financial aid. so people who could afford to pay for school out of pocket, or people who skip college didn't have to sign up.

Wait what? You had to apply to be in selective services if you used FASFA? Was that only on males' applications? I don't recall seeing that. 

• ATRL Moderator

What's different? I remember getting automatically registered when I turned 18.

• Confused 1

wow i've never been more thankful to be 27 LOL 

1 minute ago, ontherocks said:

Yeah, have you seen tankies suggesting to Ukranians to give their terrtories to Russians? Is that what you want?

Not a tankie 

So you think it's totally fine for citizens who don't want to fight in war to be forced into the battle field ?

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.