is iPhone 15 worth buying? | update: i bought it

hallucinate

i need some help atrl

so i've been using my iPhone XR for almost 6 years now and it's time to switch

iphone 15 is the latest one so naturally i thought about getting that one (yes i know iphone 16 will be released in a few months) but i remember seeing a lot of negative things about it

plus i don't like the fact that they just changed to usb-c and the mute switch got replaced by "action button" like why :rip:

iphone 14 seems more aesthetically pleasing to me but it's an older phone already and i want mine to last longer so… (not sure if this is true though, just an assumption that older models get old fast)

Edited by hallucinate

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hallucinate

• ariananext

• Kayseri Mantisi

• Legend E

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still using an iPhone 11 as I only upgrade when my current phone dies. :rip:

One of my friends upgrades every time a new iPhone comes out and I find it to be such a waste of money. I'll have to read other peoples replies as when I have to eventually upgrade, I'll know which is the best to get. <3 

• Thanks 1

I upgraded from Iphone X to Iphone 15 pro recently. It's a great upgrade although nothing has really changed in terms of user experience. It has a really great camera and a decent battery more than my Iphone X. I don't play games or something so I can't say about that. The action button and dynamic island are almost useless. Never really used them. But I'm just an ordinary guy who does ordinary things on his phone. The titanium is really pretty and they say it's lighter than iphone 14. I love the usb c since i can use the charger of my macbook and other devices. Hope that helps

i just upgraded from 13 last month and yes it's worth it, the cameras are much better and the dynamic island is nice + with the usb C i can plug in a flash drive to watch movie or transfer files easily

I would just wait for the 16 tbh. I have the 14 pro max and decided to skip 15 because changes were not that big. I think you should get the 16, and keep it for some time as it'll be the newest and greatest and hopefully last you a long time. And "upgrades" aside from AI stuff are going to be smaller and smaller moving forward anyways. 

3 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Get yourself an S24 Ultra

More like S24 Ultradisgusted

IMG_0600.jpeg.127a800c6a43229ab8a4087813

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

1 minute ago, RideOrDie said:

get yourself a pixel 8 

Nooooo, wait for the 9!!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

How about neither, the processors are garbage.

OT: Get either the S24 or the S24+. The S24 Ultra might be a bit too much for a lot of people size-wise. The corners are esp sharp and can derail your experience as a whole. Vast majority of people either don't use the S-pen at all or rarely.

• Thanks 1

I went from iPhone 11 Pro Max to 15 Pro Max back in November, I would suggest you not to buy the standard model but always the Pro. If you were going to get the 15 just get the 14 Pro Max (or the Pro if it's too big for you). 

My only complaints are about the battery, I noticed it goes down very quickly when I use google maps actively, record videos in the highest quality and such things. No issue with gaming, my average use is 6h a day (I work on my phone too) and I charge it once a day in the afternoon, takes 1.5h to charge from ~20% to 100%. When I first got it it got pretty hot while stressed out but it was fixed with an update.

If you wanna stay with an iPhone, just objectively: wait until the new SE drops. The only difference from the flagship iPhones will be that the notch will be bigger and that you only have one camera on the back.

The design is supposed to be similar to the iPhone 14, as usual they're probably gonna use the iPhone 14 components for the SE, but the technology will be up to date when it drops. 

1 minute ago, welham said:

How about neither, the processors are garbage.

OT: Get either the S24 or the S24+. The S24 Ultra might be a bit too much for a lot of people size-wise. The corners are esp sharp and can derail your experience as a whole. Vast majority of people either don't use the S-pen at all or rarely.

pixel phones are all about software optimization, they don't have the best hardware specs but what they do with their software makes them top notch 

6 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

so true bestie the design is so much better

pixel-9-lineup-rozetked.jpg

OP asked info about an iPhone and y'all are jumping on them suggesting to buy a whole different brand :rip: most of iPhone users just don't like Androids and would rather keep the same system 

• Like 1

I had to buy a new phone cause my old one got stolen and I got the iPhone 15 265 GB and so far so good, the only thing is that it charges with a usb-c wire so if you need to borrow a friend's charger at some point it won't work unless they also have an iPhone 15 or one of the recent iPads

5 minutes ago, welham said:

I use S23 Ultra right now and sadly when you get a base model or a Plus, you don't get the perfected camera of an Ultra. They're still beyond amazing, but it lacks the 200MP main sensor, 100x zoom capabilities etc. So imo if your hands are not too small, Ultra's are way better and you also get used to sharp corners easily. And tbh I love the sharp corners, since they look way different and elegant compared to other devices in the market. You're definitely right about Pixel's being trash though, they're definitely not flagship material. The material is cheap & they don't last as long, their software is not as good as they used to be, and Samsung is literally giving way more software support now compared to Google itself. :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

I have the same question as the OP so I'm following this. Planning to finally make the switch from Android to iPhone 15 Pro Max. My current phone's USB port is absolutely dead, it takes me like 4 hrs to wirelessly charge it and the battery dies extremely quickly.

10 minutes ago, ariananext said:

I went from iPhone 11 Pro Max to 15 Pro Max back in November, I would suggest you not to buy the standard model but always the Pro. If you were going to get the 15 just get the 14 Pro Max (or the Pro if it's too big for you). 

My only complaints are about the battery, I noticed it goes down very quickly when I use google maps actively, record videos in the highest quality and such things. No issue with gaming, my average use is 6h a day (I work on my phone too) and I charge it once a day in the afternoon, takes 1.5h to charge from ~20% to 100%. When I first got it it got pretty hot while stressed out but it was fixed with an update.

How often do you feel you need to charge your phone? Is it more than once per day?

iphone 16 will be too expensive for me i fear

i need to make to switch this month :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.