Top Posters In This Topic

• Gossip_Boy

• Chemist

• Squall

• Both Sides Now

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

deserved for So I and Girl, so confusing alone :alexz:

So jarring seeing people not ask "and why do we care about this person's opinion?" like they do when he rates an album from their fav's less than favorably.

• Thanks 2

• Like 8

DESERVED WORLD

cGVoDLU.gif

As a Charli stan (she's my 2nd fav of all time) I don't get the hype for this album and her other hyperpop albums are my fav from her. I'm just confused why this one's getting the most acclaim.

Pop 2, N1A, hifn and True Romance are all way better to me. I'd maybe even put Charli and Crash above brat :sorry:

im happy for her tho as it's still a good album

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Which is how we know his reviews can't be trusted 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

This can't be…ATRL told me he's misogynistic and hates everything women do what happened :bloo: 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, ICLDXU4HS said:

Never wanted him SAT on my face more.  Everything is romantic playing in the background. I think about it all the time. :jonny5:

Oh yeah baldy is HOT :jonny: 

The Charli XCX stan gave it a 10? Shocking :rip: 

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Squall said:

The Charli XCX stan gave it a 10? Shocking :rip: 

He panned her last album. 

Funnily enough, people were calling him a hater when he dragged Crash (and misogynistic of course because DUH). Now he's suddenly a stan. Y'all can't even keep a clear narrative when it comes to this man.

• Like 5

OH YES DADDY

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, greento said:

As a Charli stan (she's my 2nd fav of all time) I don't get the hype for this album and her other hyperpop albums are my fav from her. I'm just confused why this one's getting the most acclaim.

Pop 2, N1A, hifn and True Romance are all way better to me. I'd maybe even put Charli and Crash above brat :sorry:

I completely agree. Brat is great but I'm extremely perplexed by the sudden acclaim. The innovation was there with N1A/P2. The rawness and spontaneity was there with HIFN. It feels like a bandwagon. 

Ultimately, brat will probably fall somewhere in the middle of her discography for me. Better than Crash, Charli and Sucker. Around the same as True Romance. 

• Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, Gossip_Boy said:

He panned her last album. 

Funnily enough, people were calling him a hater when he dragged Crash (and misogynistic of course because DUH). Now he's suddenly a stan. Y'all can't even keep a clear narrative when it comes to this man.

He has always been a Charli stan, him not liking her last album doesn't mean much.

2 hours ago, Stimulus said:

:clap3:

Checking Fantano's profile on AOTY, the last album he gave a 10/10 was Sinner Get Ready by Lingua Ignota in 2021.

1. The Money Store (2012): Death Grips

2. To Be Kind (2014): Swans

3. To Pimp a Butterfly (2015): Kendrick Lamar

4. KIDS SEE GHOSTS (2018): Self Titled

5. You Won't Get What You Want (2018): Daughters

6. The Turning Wheel (2021): Spellling

7. Sinner Get Ready (2021): Lingua Ignota

8. BRAT (2024): Charli XCX

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The craziest thing is that this album is one mega GROWER. I would had given it a 6/10, and it would had been less if it wasn't for the pre released singles, but it's a solid 9/10 for me now... It's the most well executed concept album of the year, MAYBE...YOU just press PLAY and JAMMM

Edited by Kh-Loud

Deserved. My queen :smitten:

55 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

I completely agree. Brat is great but I'm extremely perplexed by the sudden acclaim. The innovation was there with N1A/P2. The rawness and spontaneity was there with HIFN. It feels like a bandwagon. 

Ultimately, brat will probably fall somewhere in the middle of her discography for me. Better than Crash, Charli and Sucker. Around the same as True Romance. 

2 hours ago, greento said:

I think it's because this time the hyperpop was combined with more vulnerable/real lyricism.

From some of the 5/5 reviews:

A courageous, candid reflection on how dreadful it can feel to constantly be the "cool girl", the one who laughs off failure, or pretends not to care what the critics think.

- The Telegraph

Whatever the stats and her self-esteem might say, it's hard to think of another pop star whose vision is so expansive and generous, not least in her willingness to risk being seen as mean in order to say something true. Most of her superstar peers are busy making unrelatable music about how hard it is to be famous. Yet Charli has never lost sight of how hard it is to be human

- The Guardian

It's the most raw and honest version of Charli she's shown us in a while, a complicated pop figure who's more than just a party girl.

- Dork Magazine

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Chemist said:

I think it's because this time the hyperpop was combined with more vulnerable/real lyricism.

From some of the 5/5 reviews:

A courageous, candid reflection on how dreadful it can feel to constantly be the "cool girl", the one who laughs off failure, or pretends not to care what the critics think.

- The Telegraph

Whatever the stats and her self-esteem might say, it's hard to think of another pop star whose vision is so expansive and generous, not least in her willingness to risk being seen as mean in order to say something true. Most of her superstar peers are busy making unrelatable music about how hard it is to be famous. Yet Charli has never lost sight of how hard it is to be human

- The Guardian

It's the most raw and honest version of Charli she's shown us in a while, a complicated pop figure who's more than just a party girl.

- Dork Magazine

I guess they missed HIFN then :eli:

In all seriousness, I'm not mad that she's being acclaimed but it just feels odd they chose to champion this one because self-examination is not new territory for Charli. Critically, HIFN was basically paid dust despite achieving everything brat did and more. I don't think there was another album that managed to capture the anxiety, self-reflection and boredom that the pandemic inflicted upon us. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

I guess they missed HIFN then :eli:

In all seriousness, I'm not mad that she's being acclaimed but it just feels odd they chose to champion this one because self-examination is not new territory for Charli. Critically, HIFN was basically paid dust despite achieving everything brat did and more. I don't think there was another album that managed to capture the anxiety, self-reflection and boredom that the pandemic inflicted upon us. 

well HIFN is not as realised as brat and that's it really. sonically it's rushed and messy, i'll give it credit lyrically she was being more vulnerable and open but brat just does that even more boldly and covers a lot more interesting topics. on HIFN you have to dig a bit to find the core of the song buried under the abrasive production whereas on brat the production is serving the lyrics and sentiment while still being perfectly executed. HIFN was also critically acclaimed and listed for a mercury prize, loved by fans, but it was a quick quarantine mixtape moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Diesel is Desire said:

:rip:

Watch the gays suddenly care about his opinion

:ryan3:

Everyone cares about his opionion already. If not, why would there be countless threads about him whenever someone puts out an album.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.