• Green

• pride4jc1222

• fridayteenage

• dussymob

Posted (edited)

I only see slander for this track
and rightfully so
IMG-1671.gif
these are EARLY predictions right, and things could go the gaga-way so nothing to celebrate.

---

Who tf follows up with THIS after a smash bop?
let's all do a prayer circle for Radio to EAT iT up 
(or bully her team to send $$$ to radios)

Edited by Mrnoniee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

The fact that this could debut top 10 (it's too early to tell) but Feather has a #21 peak  :rip: 

8 minutes ago, Mrnoniee said:

and rightfully so
IMG-1671.gif
these are EARLY predictions right, and things could go the gaga-way so nothing to celebrate.

---

It's going viral on TikTok for the "heartbreak is one thing my ego's another" line so I think it'll have legs for a couple weeks at least even though it is a mediocre song

3 minutes ago, Green said:

The fact that this could debut top 10 (it's too early to tell) but Feather has a #21 peak  :rip: 

Feather finally debuted on Apple Music thanks to PPP so if radio doesn't rapidly drop it I could see it getting that top 20 peak 

Would be amazing if true, but it's too early to tell. Let see tomorrow Spotify update

So happy for Sabrina. Her opening show at the Eras Tour was definitely one of the happiest moments of my 2023.

• Like 1

It's been out one day how is 20-30M even predicted. Everybody thinks they're talkofthecharts 

IMG-1671.gif

It's gonna debut at #7 or #8 :clap3:

Hope this song didn't debut top 10,

so Benson will stay one more week at the Top 10:coffee2:

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Green said:

Not her about to have two top 10 simulhits and Feather still lingering around the top 30. Only the hitless pop girl :jonnycat:

Edited by Walk_Away21

Oh Sabrina the MPG that you are. 

Posted (edited)

People need to understand that one of the legacies of the Taylor-era in pop is that pop girls want to appeal and have an unseen before access to a female audience that in previous decades basically consumed pop boys. Until Benson, the only successful launch was Harry Styles and he came from a huge group. And Benson doesn't even feel bigger than his hit yet.

This song is not a "bop", but has an audience for it. It's a country-synthpop hybrid and both genres are trending. I only see the bop gays trashing it and that she should've have had her own Break Free moment or something. Sabrina is playing the hit era game very well. They were clearly ready for her post-Eras material and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if there's more in store to keep the train goin until the end of the year 

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

People need to understand that one of the legacies of the Taylor-era in pop is that pop girls want to appeal and have an unseen before access to a female audience that in previous decades basically consumed pop boys. Until Benson, the only successful launch was Harry Styles and he came from a huge group. And Benson doesn't even feel bigger than his hit yet.

This song is not a "bop", but has an audience for it. It's a country-synthpop hybrid and both genres are trending. I only see the bop gays trashing it and that she should've have had her own Break Free moment or something. Sabrina is playing the hit era game very well. They were clearly ready for her post-Eras material and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if there's more in store to keep the train goin until the end of the year 

Agreed.

While I think it's still way to early to tell what will happen to this song on the hot 100 (it's only been a day and the song could very well drop off tomorrow or later in the week), I do think places like ATRL and Stan twitter are echo chambers that don't always reflect what will or won't hit with the GP.

Brat for instance is having a moment, critically acclaimed, stan twitter loves it and it will probably be huge for Charli but she still doesn't have the kind of GP impact you would think she does based on how certain echo chambers talk. Not the best example because niche is her brand but I think it still illustrates my point.

Edited by Poptart89
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Poptart89 said:

While I think it's still way to early to tell what will happen to this song on the hot 100 (it's only been a day and the song could very well drop off tomorrow or later in the week), I do think places like ATRL and Stan twitter are echo chambers that don't always reflect what will or won't hit with the GP.

Exactly. And the bop after bop marketing tactic did nothing for Dua and Tate earlier this year. It's about understanding audiences. Sticking only to catchy dance-pop has never built lasting careers in the american market

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Mrnoniee said:

and rightfully so
IMG-1671.gif

---

let's all do a prayer circle for Radio to EAT iT up 
(or bully her team to send $$$ to radios)

I think this was always the next song cause of the ending of the Expresso video.

It is fascinating how the GP pick up pop girls, rise them to huge heights, and drop others (hi Dua) fascinating the cycle in pop music 

9 minutes ago, JT55331 said:

It is fascinating how the GP pick up pop girls, rise them to huge heights, and drop others (hi Dua) fascinating the cycle in pop music 

we're serving UK

35 minutes ago, JT55331 said:

You're not wrong, but to be fair, GP never was here for Dua the way they did for Olivia and now Sabrina, while the later two showed organic potential on their own, it always took excessive amounts of pushing for every single Dua song that ended up being huge.

2 hours ago, TrieLz said:

Hope this song didn't debut top 10,

so Benson will stay one more week at the Top 10:coffee2:

Or we can hope that Lose Control (finally) drops out of the Top 10, with both PPP debuting and Benson staying in the Top 10.

• Like 1

come on Sabrina, get your MPG title :WAP:

• Like 1

Looks like Morgan Wallen is going to have a new song, and will be #1 starting on the 7/20 chart: 

• Thumbs Down 2

so...anyone gonna @ those folks on the thread who immediately labelled it a flop?

• Haha 2

:alexz: This album is going to be one of the biggest of the year.  The next single she puts out with the album will be better and bigger.  Another top 10 for sure.  That would be three top tens and something Billie is even struggling to achieve.   I am declaring her an MPG right now.  No ifs ands or butts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

The user above's obsession with Billie is... pathetic. :rip: 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.