"BRAT" Review Thread | Metacritic: 95

massedux

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Same I love the album and Charli but.. huh? :rip: 

I think it's partially critics giving her the full due she's deserved for years. The scores and collective response she's gotten for years haven't totally matched the quality and innovation of her output. 

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 8

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• massedux

• Chemist

• ICLDXU4HS

• Contessa

59 minutes ago, Rage said:

I'm a big fan of Charli's music after Sucker. This album is completely full of original beats and lyrics. I agree with what the critics are thinking and we should still care what they think. It is the same excellent "hyperpop" beats she's been queening out on for several eras now :rip: the way she is suddenly unable to write a boring hook or unmemorable lyric 

you ate :clap3:

this album is incredible, I am surprised it's getting the acclaim it deserves. can't wait to SWEAT to it in the fall :-*

atrlll.thumb.gif.a8fd9074a3922f9032296bfcc19f8ddb.gif 

Wow, miss Charlie serving to the critics, I see. Gonna give the album a try. :gaycat3:

This is an absolute fantastic body of work and deserves all the praises. :clap3:

Release PARTYGIRL next! :cries:

Acclaimed WW and in my apartment :jonny:

Critics always pick weird moments to give Charli her flowers. Remember Boys breaking her spell of pannings post-Vroom Vroom? :rip:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, YellowRibbon said:

Heard one snippet on TikTok and had to skip it quickly... How do you make pop music without memorable hooks or an ounce of a melodic structure :rip:

Critics are on cr*ck and it shows lmao 

Not from someone with a Midnights avi, which had NOTHING slightly memorable outside of AH chorus :rip: 

• Thanks 12
  • Haha 1

This is what she deserves! :clap3:

8 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Crash deserved but ok

Not her worst album :deadbanana:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

I'm glad that she's finally getting all the attention and critical acclaim she deserves. And she's doing it with an incredible album too. This feels a bit reminiscent of NFR! in the sense that critics (and the public) have finally caught up to what fans have always heard/seen. 

Don't let Charli near a typewriter...

ptsd-soldier.gif

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Haha 3

Ironic how she is receiving all the critical acclaim finally with an album where she opens up so honestly about her insecurities in terms of her career, legacy and place in popculture

but she's always been the best and she deserves it all:bird:

On 6/8/2024 at 11:45 AM, Chemist said:

Not her worst album :deadbanana:

Crash is better than Sucker (obviously) and it's better than self-titled too which is really just an extended, watered down adaptation of the N1A/Pop 2 formula, but y'all aren't ready for that conversation. Crash only gets shat on for the sake of it because she went for a traditional pop sound and song structures when it's full of bops and bangers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2024 at 9:25 PM, Bosque said:

I'm a big fan of Charli's music up until Sucker. This album is completely devoid of original beats or lyrics. Wtf are critics thinking and why does anyone still care what they think? It is the same brainless "hyperpop" beats she's been bleeding dry for several eras now :rip: the way she is suddenly unable to write a catchy hook or memorable lyric

i see your music opinions are just as awful as your political opinions. girl pick a struggle! :suburban:

• Haha 6

So happy for her, so deserved. AOTY thus far. Haters can seethe.

On 6/7/2024 at 4:25 PM, Bosque said:

I'm a big fan of Charli's music up until Sucker. 

DOA :rip:

Happy for her, she deserves this.

88 on AOTY dot org which makes it the most acclaimed female album of the year there too.

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratings/6-highest-rated/2024/1

If you filter 2024 for albums with 20+ reviews, its currently the most acclaimed male/female, all genres.

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratings/6-highest-rated/2024/1?r=20

I was debating against seeing her live cause I don't really wanna have to put up with Troye but this album making me reconsider 

up to 94 with 22 reviews included :clap3:

• Like 7

it's at 94 rn OMGGGGG

• Like 1

With one more review than Cowboy Carter :clap3:

:flame:

its at a 94 now.

The way it keeps going up, she's just stomping the reviews this era :deadbanana:

Completely ******* deserved, seeing Charli get her flowers feels so vindicating as a long-time fan

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.