Madonna to 'begin filming biopic starring Julia Garner in the next 12 months'

Wildcat

2 hours ago, .Odyssey. said:

It begins with Madonna sitting in a team meeting. Her phone lights up -- A text from Guy: "I want to see a marriage counselor".

She closes her eyes. She sighs. A montage of clips gossiping about her adoption, her marriage struggles, her age...these flash across the screen. She is tired of the controversies and personal life challenges. 

She opens them and stares at the group of Warner A&R Reps. Silence.

"Candy Shop. That's the single."

"....no..." says one of the Reps. "Absolutely not. We're doing the Justin Timberlake song".

She smiles. She knows what she is doing. She has a plan. A flash of Candy Shop performances from future tours flashes before her eyes.

"Fine. We'll call the record Hard Candy"

"But Madonna, it's already called Give It 2 Me, and we have the boxing theme photoshoot already comple--"

"Hard Candy."

She is a freedom fighter.

Title credits roll:

Madonna: Still Sticky, Still Sweet -- The Biopic. 

This is already better than the biopic :fan:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The7thStranger

• NoAngelus

• tiagol88

• Bends

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a new album first, she can do whatever she wants with the biopic later. It's gonna be critical and commercial failure anyway.

3 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

I believe one version of the script ended with the Blond Ambition Tour... an awful choice tbh.

I don't think this is true. Even during the draft script with Diablo they were on IG discussing the Evita era. 

So excited. She's perfect for it. Mark my word. This will be a huge movie :giraffe:

• Like 2

Nobody wants to wake up to the news that I woke up to

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

I believe one version of the script ended with the Blond Ambition Tour... an awful choice tbh.

We don't know anything about Madonna's script. Script that ended up with BAT, more precisely, her getting on stage to open the tour was the script from 2017 that was most wanted on the market when producers bid over it, it had a lot of heat and hype but Madonna herself stopped it. 

And no it wouldn't have been awful choice. It would've been the best decision. 

2h biopic is not for stans exclusively, not every era needs to be told, not everything from private life needs to be told. She doesn't have tragic story to tell like some of her peers. Her story needs to revolve around her hustle and being one woman army. 

Movie should be split in 3 acts: when she comes to NY and starts hustling, 80s peak and ending with her getting on stage to make history at the peak of her career and the peak of pop culture. End it on a high note. We don't need to see the rest. 

But knowing her... 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, DawnAnti said:

You know she can do both like they released popular and it was indeed a popular hit , knowing abel I'm low-key certain they made at least 5-7 songs during those sessions, i believe she is gonna release the album or at least finishing it before fully focusing on her biopic since it's one of her dreams and it means so much for her 

But will she? She and her team seem to be incapable of doing this these days.

Edited by Sweetness
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

Have you guys ever read any Madonna biography?

A movie about her upbringing, her mother's death, her catholic background, her moving to new york looking for a better life, the aids crisis blowing up, the way she moved up the chain with no money and ending with her debut album releasing would honestly be an amazing movie. She had such an interesting story that many people don't even know about. Watching a movie with just her career would be boring tbh. 

Please don't question my knowledge of Madonna's history. I own and have read several books on her. But I may have to question yours if you think 1990 is a good place to cut off the timeline.

Ending the film at the BAT means that the story would end on a false note of her supposed triumph when, at the time, she had not yet actually earned the respect she craved from the industry. You have to go through her survival of the incredibly significant Erotica era, which she has admitted to being one of the hardest times in her life. Coming out the other end, landing Evita, releasing Ray of Light... that was when she came full circle.

While it may be a challenge to pack her story into a tight timeframe, a far more suitable ending of the film would be after the birth of her first child.

47 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

And no it wouldn't have been awful choice. It would've been the best decision. 

I have to respectfully disagree (see above).

how tf will end with the blonde ambition tour? what about evita, the lashes she got with american life and how she re invented herself and went to the top with hung up? If they have to end with a tour, let it be the confessions tour

18 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Ending the film at the BAT means that the story would end on a false note of her supposed triumph when, at the time, she had not yet actually earned the respect she craved from the industry. You have to go through her survival of the incredibly significant Erotica era, which she has admitted to being one of the hardest times in her life. Coming out the other end, landing Evita, releasing Ray of Light... that was when she came full circle.

While it may be a challenge to pack her story into a tight timeframe, a far more suitable ending of the film would be after the birth of her first child.

So? It's a movie based on events. It's not supposed to be released 1990 before we get to know what happens next. Most people don't even remember if she had respect or not. And let's be real, she never got respect from the industry or GP. She never got her flowers. 

You're talking from stan point of view, not Hollywood's. There's is simply no good movie with all that in the script because it's simply not relevant for a movie.

You're mixing biopic and documentary

• Like 3

I'd rather have a two part biopic than her big ass career squeezed into one movie

58 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

So? It's a movie based on events. It's not supposed to be released 1990 before we get to know what happens next. Most people don't even remember if she had respect or not. And let's be real, she never got respect from the industry or GP. She never got her flowers. 

You're talking from stan point of view, not Hollywood's. There's is simply no good movie with all that in the script because it's simply not relevant for a movie.

You're mixing biopic and documentary

...her journey as an artist and the thing that would make her a sympathetic character to audiences isn't relevant for her biopic. Got it.

We already have two terrible movies about her early days. I don't get why you want another one. :psyduck:

acting in madonna's biopic while having her on set sounds like absolute hell

• Like 1

perched but she needs to NOT direct it.

1 minute ago, The7thStranger said:

...her journey as an artist and the thing that would make her a sympathetic character to audiences isn't relevant for her biopic. Got it.

We already have two terrible movies about her early days. I don't get why you want another one. :psyduck:

No one claims those low budget movies and no one saw them.

Again, you're confusing docu and biopic. The stuff you want to see is not the stuff that would excite gp. That would make a biopic great. They need to see her struggling in new york, mid 80s Madonna-mania  and they need to see her at her peak to remind people of what she once was because let's face it, her profile has never been lower, her legacy is fading.

Like, imagine watching a movie and you see all that, BAT ends and you're riding high on her epic career at that moment and then erotica starts, very down and dark moment and there is simply not enough time to build from that. And in order to end on another high you have to cover another 8-9 years and other than magnificent artistry there's nothing to tell there. Erotica is not an album that changed the world and left an impact outside of pop culture. GP doesn't care to see that story because other than being vilified for being provocative there's nothing else to say. :khalyan:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

No one claims those low budget movies and no one saw them.

Again, you're confusing docu and biopic. The stuff you want to see is not the stuff that would excite gp. That would make a biopic great. They need to see her struggling in new york, mid 80s Madonna-mania  and they need to see her at her peak to remind people of what she once was because let's face it, her profile has never been lower, her legacy is fading.

Like, imagine watching a movie and you see all that, BAT ends and you're riding high on her epic career at that moment and then erotica starts, very down and dark moment and there is simply not enough time to build from that. And in order to end on another high you have to cover another 8-9 years and other than magnificent artistry there's nothing to tell there. Erotica is not an album that changed the world and left an impact outside of pop culture. GP doesn't care to see that story because other than being vilified for being provocative there's nothing else to say. :khalyan:

I disagree and will just leave this here.

I hope to hell we don't get some lame movie that flattens out who she is and gives us one-dimensional Ambition Barbie.

(By the way, even if I am thinking like a fan, I'm also a professional writer and editor. I'd like to think I know a little something about narrative.)

Edited by The7thStranger

1 hour ago, NoAngelus said:

And let's be real, she never got respect from the industry or GP. She never got her flowers. 

huh?

I really want the biopic to be from 2006 to 2024. I mean, WOOO GIRLS, the DRAMA and moments we would have:

• The Confessions Era Ends with her in another imperial phase peak
  • Guy Ritchie Divorce
  • Madonna on top of the world with S&S
  • The A Rod affair
  • Jesus Luz
  • "So Did I" VMAs 2009 Speech
  • Lady Gaga samples Express Yourself
  • Making Nicki Minaj & MIA record L U V Madonna and Bday Song
  • Super Bowl Performance
  • Madonna forgets how a clock works and begins 11 PM show starts with MDNA Tour
  • Madonna discovers Grillz
  • Madonna discovers iMovie and MDNA Tour stock footage
  • Secret Project
  • The Rebel Heart Leaks
  • Insta controversies like "My N****" and Nelson Mandela / MLK as Rebel Hearts
  • Madonna is yanked off stage at the Brits
  • Tears of a Clown
  • Rocco & Guy Custody Situation
  • 2016 Woman of the Year Speech
  • "I sang an Aretha Franklin song for an audition once I think" VMAs 2018 Speech
  • Madonna discovers eyepatches
  • Eurovision
  • The Madame X Cancellations
  • Madonna walks into Miami show, says "I'm not doing this cheap show" and leaves (yes, supposedly this happened :rip:)
  • The COVID Instagram Diaries
  • Fried Fish
  • Madonna discovers FaceTune and YASSIFY
  • Madonna & Maluma 2022 performance
  • The Frozen Sickick Videos Era
  • Her hospitalization and almost death
  • Her triumphant return to the throne as "peak Madonna" with the Celebration Tour and her record-breaking Rio Show
  • Madonna is back on top of the world as THE Queen of Pop

Sorry, I find this VASTLY, more interesting than anything we're getting pre-2000s :gaydonnacat1:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

• Madonna walks into Miami show, says "I'm not doing this cheap show" and leaves (yes, supposedly this happened :rip:)

What's the backstory behind this?

1 minute ago, UseYourIllusion2002 said:

What's the backstory behind this?

There were a lot of rumors floating around at the end of 2019 about this when she canceled one of the last Miami shows. It was on MTribe and Madonna Infinity, but it would take forever to dig through it...I just remember an insider pretty much confirmed it happened and the absolute mess that the forums were for a few days :deadbanana2:

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

I really want the biopic to be from 2006 to 2024. I mean, WOOO GIRLS, the DRAMA and moments we would have:

• The Confessions Era Ends with her in another imperial phase peak
  • Guy Ritchie Divorce
  • Madonna on top of the world with S&S
  • The A Rod affair
  • Jesus Luz
  • "So Did I" VMAs 2009 Speech
  • Lady Gaga samples Express Yourself
  • Making Nicki Minaj & MIA record L U V Madonna and Bday Song
  • Super Bowl Performance
  • Madonna forgets how a clock works and begins 11 PM show starts with MDNA Tour
  • Madonna discovers Grillz
  • Madonna discovers iMovie and MDNA Tour stock footage
  • Secret Project
  • The Rebel Heart Leaks
  • Insta controversies like "My N****" and Nelson Mandela / MLK as Rebel Hearts
  • Madonna is yanked off stage at the Brits
  • Tears of a Clown
  • Rocco & Guy Custody Situation
  • 2016 Woman of the Year Speech
  • "I sang an Aretha Franklin song for an audition once I think" VMAs 2018 Speech
  • Madonna discovers eyepatches
  • Eurovision
  • The Madame X Cancellations
  • The COVID Instagram Diaries
  • Fried Fish
  • Madonna discovers FaceTune and YASSIFY
  • Madonna & Maluma 2022 performance
  • The Frozen Sickick Videos Era
  • Her hospitalization and almost death
  • Her triumphant return to the throne as "peak Madonna" with the Celebration Tour and her record-breaking Rio Show
  • Madonna is back on top of the world as THE Queen of Pop

Sorry, I find this VASTLY, more interesting than anything we're getting pre-2000s :gaydonnacat1:

So many ideas for A24 horrors :suburban:

Madonna Cinematic Universe :ryan3:

Edited by NoAngelus
  • Haha 1

Unless it's a raw, unfiltered, explicit, *****graphic look at everything on a deep, profound level, we don't need it.

We need to the domestic violence and fights during her marriage to Sean Penn.

We need to see all the backstage dramas during the Blonde Ambition Tour. 

We need a full on look at Madonna's psychological and mental state during the period from "Justify My Love" through "I'll Remember" including all of the turmoil from the Sex book and Erotica because that would be truly interesting. The label must have absolutely freaked out and her management was probably so worried that they can't reign her in or control her and this massive controversy is happening. Plus all the media backlash like the "Calm down Grandma!" headlines. How she weathered that storm and ultimately survived it is one for the record books. 

And then we need to see her personal and sexual interactions with Sandra Bernhard, Angelina Jolie's ex, Tupac, and Dennis Rodman. Plus her search for a proper baby daddy.

We need to see what really happened between her and Junior Vasquez that lead to their falling out. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

Madonna discovers Grillz

Literally the worst era in music history. I remember when first selfies started to pop up and I learned what grillz are. It was hard for me back then in middle school and it never really stopped 

4 hours ago, Sweetness said:

But will she? She and her team to be incapable of doing this these days.

So true

Is this really happening? 

Where's new music? :coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.