Sky Ferreira and Capitol Records part ways, Masochism is finished.

Alex

Revealed in a new interview 

https://beat.com.au/i-just-want-a-clean-slate-after-all-this-time-sky-ferreira-wont-stray-from-her-vision/

A decade since her seminal album, after a quiet split with Capitol, Sky's finally emerged from the shadows. In the past few years, she's appeared alongside Kevin Abstract at Coachella, dropped a vengeful, 80s-inspired single titled Don't Forget and toured extensively across the States. As we chat, she's packing for her Australian tour.

It's this mix of bashful self-consciousness, unwavering belief in her own decision making and undeniable, dazzling talent that forms the allure of Sky Ferreira. She's not willing to bend, especially after this long. For now, she says Masochism is finished and coming "very soon" but she's looking for the same spark she had with Night Time.

While we may still be waiting patiently for Sky to get Masochism just right, she says there's new music on the way – "at least a song. Even though people are going to be like 'Oh great, a song, a random song'… whatever. At least it will be the first thing I've done on my own. At least it'll be the first time I'm able to do that."

INDIE FLOP EMERGENCY! Do we believe her? Let's see. :jonny2:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buffy

• RideOrDie

• The7thStranger

• xokuba

Top Posters In This Topic

???? i ain't believing it until i see it on my spotify

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wasn't she supposed to drop a covers EP like two years ago? Lol

We are tired 

Let's see what excuse she comes up with, not the "people are going to be like 'Oh great, a song, a random song'...", girl, look at the past 10 years :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

There's no reason to care for her at this point. She had been on that label for 16 years and only put out one album during that entire time. She's the indie pop version of Cardi B. 

• Like 1

Just in time for me

good luck releasing that masochism you speak of :gaycat5:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Perched but for what? idk 

yeah right

April Fools was 2 months ago

tenor.gif

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, xtino said:

We are tired 

Indeed. :rip:

The only thing dropped is her record deal

• Haha 8

Interesting. She can no longer use excuse and hold Capitol responsible anymore if the album isn't released within the next two years or so :celestial5:

Now that she's split from Capitol, she needs to prove they were the problem and start putting out music consistently.

She always put the blame on them, so if nothing happens now, it proves that she's been full of **** the entire time

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

no one is moving, let it go

• Haha 1

i just burst out laughing :bibliahh: she starts teasing whenever i give her a good whack 

• Haha 4

Wait. She's split from Capitol and she's not going to release the album because she's still not happy with it?

Yup. She's the problem.

• Haha 2

AHH WE'RE SO BACK :jonny6: 

I'm sensing an indie sleaze vibe from the whole thing. She'll have everybody in a chokehold trust and believe. Ahhhh 

4 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Wait. She's split from Capitol and she's not going to release the album because she's still not happy with it?

Yup. She's the problem.

there is no album, it's just a collection of demos that are like between 5 to 10 years old atp.

whenever she wants to put out a new song she just chooses one from that batch, spends like 3 months "finishing and mastering" it and shoots a video that she will never release

• Haha 11

1 minute ago, RideOrDie said:

there is no album, it's just a collection of demos that are like between 5 to 10 years old atp.

whenever she wants to put out a new song she just chooses one from that batch, spends like 3 months "finishing and mastering" it and shoots a video that she will never release

So she's still just playing dress up. It's sad to see somebody waste so much potential.

Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF

They way I bought tickets to see her this Fall.... perched for the mess tbh :lakitu:

She's not reliable so take this with a grain of salt.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.