• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• More Than A Melody

• RideOrDie

• Badgalbriel

• shyboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, everyone was so sure that P4K was such a prestigious and always correct magazine about 5 weeks ago. 

• Haha 8

Posted (edited)

Please, Born To Die has some good songs, but let's not act like it's this world class album. Ultraviolence and NFR! are way better albums to listen in full. I used to hate BTD.

This is with Lana being one of my biggest influences. 

Edited by selena_lavigne
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

You never see artists talk about the 89/90 they have on Metacritic, just one or two negative reviews. Why is that?

because P4K is just THAT girl. if p4k tells me something is bad, then i will also think it's bad. :jonny5:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

He speaks the truth, but he still has some incest redfish I can't take him serious. 

41 minutes ago, talentress said:

They should have just made a better album. 

His debut got panned because it was dreck not misunderstood. 

:toofunny2:

Not enough people on this site acknowledge the trainwreck that was his solo album. Makes me think the majority of people gassing up his work as a producer have never heard it. Easily in the top 10 worst albums I've ever heard, hands down

50 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

You never see artists talk about the 89/90 they have on Metacritic, just one or two negative reviews. Why is that?

I mean it probs is kinda annoying that you get great reviews then someone got try to be a outliar. 

kind of a tone deaf comparison. hmhas still has an amazing metacritic score whereas btd was panned by everyone.

• Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

Unbearable. If it got 8 he would be praising p4k. He sounds like a ATRL stans 

Edited by ericcartman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes you lose :suburban:

6.8 from one review and the Billie clan is having this meltdown? 

:suburban:

19 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

6.8 from one review and the Billie clan is having this meltdown? 

:suburban:

Do Swifties only use dictionaries to interpret her lyrics? One comment is not a meltdown.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 3

My biggest issue with Pitchfork is not that they take a more aggressive critical approach to their reviews. It is that they tend to publish their reviews a bit later than the rest of the publications have done so, especially for mainstream acts, to purposely be contrarian. Makes their reviews appear disingenuous to what the editors really think. That kind of calculating tactic is annoying. They fear their "indie cred" will evaporate if they give a positive score to a mainstream album they love but they know their readers hate. They for some reason appear to factor in these two things when determining scores.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Well we know Rolling Stone is bought and paid for (they gave Billie a 4/5 because she dared call them out for leaking her tracklist) and P4K will be in the ditch soon so I support Finneas wacking the contrarians

HMHAS.thumb.gif.03b8de53f57c99c67f8b30c7

Posted (edited)

Artists should stop being so offended by reviews, especially ones that aren't even that bad. Just do your music and enjoy it, babe. A lot of people love it, focus on that if you can't take criticism.

Also, love Lana to death, but BTD is arguably quite a bloated record, however iconic. 5.5 is hardly a shockingly bad score.

Edited by Thin White Duke
  • Like 1

Why....does he even care? These so called "artists" pretend that they only care about the music but you know they are STUCK online looking at every review and comment. :dies: 

3 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

Funny, everyone was so sure that P4K was such a prestigious and always correct magazine about 5 weeks ago. 

Sometimes they get it right 🤷‍♀️ 

OT: it's true and he should say it. The fact they wait longer than other reviews to put up their biased pick me scores to lower the overall mc score.

"Critics" are are obsolete in 2024.

56 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

Do Swifties only use dictionaries to interpret her lyrics? One comment is not a meltdown.

If Taylor did this, this thread would have 30 pages and you'd be calling it a meltdown. But sure! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's funny how people only start talking **** about Pitchfork when them/their faves get a grade lower than expected.

'Born To Die' was really overhated tho. That album is a 7, at minimum.

"Nothing cool about writing a positive review of an album everyone likes" is a crazy thing to say lmfao. Everyone doesn't like the album and no music publication is obligated to give one. a 6.8 isn't even bad.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

idk if I was an up and comer just starting out I would be pissed off at negative reviews but once I'm an established artist I could give two fcks what a critic says about my music and let the charts and sales speak for themselves 

Edited by Bewitched

Write a better album next time 

9 hours ago, ericcartman said:

Unbearable. If it got 8 he would be praising p4k. He sounds like a ATRL stans 

billie and her brother are being hypocrites this era? that can't be... :redface:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.