Better album? Dark Side of The Moon VS. Wish You Were Here

Space Cowboy

Poll title  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Better album?

• DSoTM
    • WYWH

??

Haven't listened to any of them but the cover artwork of Dark Side of The Moon is iconic, i wish Ava Max would sample it for her next album's cover

Posted (edited)

Funny because I literally just finished re listening their main catalogue. I like more songs in WYWH (I have a weird affinity with the way they vocalize the 'dIIAAmond' part in SOYCZ, I also enjoy 'Welcome to The Machine' and 'Have A Cigar'), however, I have to pick Dark Side simply because Time existed. It's one of my 10 songs of all time, one of the greatest of all time. The buildup, the vocal, the guitar solo and most of all the lyrics are really special.

Edited by botnus

Wish You Were Here and it's not close

Objectively The Dark Side of the Moon is the better album, but Wish You Were Here will always be my personal favorite from them. Both masterpieces in their own unique ways.

Dark Side of the Moon is a good album, but hugely overrated. Wish You Were Here is better. Pts1-5 and Welcome to the Machine alone are better than the majority of Dark Side of the Moon.

WYWH has SOYCD but other than that it has never really hit me. Overall I find it kinda meh. Now TDSOTM on the other hand is perfection. Utter brilliance from beginning to end. Time was already mentioned but for me Us And Them is also one of the most stunning songs ever made.

As much as I'd like to say DSOTM is overrated and not worth the hype it gets, it's perfect and hard to compete with. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.