"HIT ME HARD AND SOFT" Speed Up & Slowed out now

elincomprendid

3 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

She literally told us she'll stare directly at the sun (ambition) but never in the mirror (self-awareness). Are literary analyses a dead art? :chick3: 

I love the way you always dress up Taylor's true colours in diplomatic euphemism: ambitious, competitive etc. I could name a few cohorts in history that thought the same of their endeavours long after they crossed the proverbial Rubicon … wonder how they're remembered these days :celestial5:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey'Knight

• PoisonedIvy

• HappierJealousy

• hungrymuffin

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

I love the way you always dress up Taylor's true colours in diplomatic euphemism: ambitious, competitive etc. I could name a few cohorts in history that thought the same of their endeavours long after they crossed the proverbial Rubicon … wonder how they're remembered these days :celestial5:

Wow, it amazes me how low yall stoop sometimes. The girl is selling songs and playing dress up on stage, not invading countries & pillaging villages.

Her ambitions are, quite literally, harmless. Meanwhile,  ambitions of warmongers are, quite literally, harmful.

There is a stark difference here that gets blatantly disregarded for some unknown reason.

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, HappierJealousy said:

1. This is off-topic cause it has zero relationship between this and this thread, or even the chart competition between Taylor and Billie. 

2. Discount a single to $0.69 is very common, all artists has done it including Billie, but release an sped up/slow down album and discount it to $4 is something I never saw before :bibliahh:

Aah yes, the good old deflection when it comes to pointing out Swiftie hypocrisy and how your own fave does the same exact things and even worse manipulation tactics.

Leave it to Swifties to never disappoint with their mental gymnastics to act like their fave is superior and above all that!!

Edited by dawnettakins
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Wow, it amazes me how low yall stoop sometimes. The girl is selling songs and playing dress up on stage, not invading countries & pillaging villages.

Her ambitions are, quite literally, harmless. Meanwhile,  ambitions of warmongers are, quite literally, harmful.

There is a stark difference here that gets blatantly disregarded for some unknown reason.

It's not harmless. Anyone that wields that much influence over a swath of people and uses it for personal gain is capable of more and worse if left unchecked. 

How much more will yall excuse as "ambition" is my question? When Taylor explicitly empowered her fans to harass Scooter's clients who had nothing to do with the sale of her music. Was that harmless too? 

If I may recommend, there's a podcast called, "sounds like a cult". Might enlighten you to a different perspective. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

I'm just happy that Billie is fighting back. Essentially Billie will win the long game anyway when she curbstomps on Taylor both at the Grammys and year-end list and will leave Taylor fuming and crying with those 35 weeks at #1.

Fortunately, that miserable person can never be truly happy and all the newer artists treating her like garbage for always being threatened by upcoming artists will make her fume even more hihi

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 7

spacer.png

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

It's not harmless. Anyone that wields that much influence over a swath of people and uses it for personal gain is capable of more and worse if left unchecked. 

How much more will yall excuse as "ambition" is my question? When Taylor explicitly empowered her fans to harass Scooter's clients who had nothing to do with the sale of her music. Was that harmless too? 

If I may recommend, there's a podcast called, "sounds like a cult". Might enlighten you to a different perspective. 

She is the only female that can stand against the men of music industry. Where was the energy when Drake was sabotage pop girl releases but surprise dropping at the same time? Men do worst but y'all don't give a flying f. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

I know I'm not in a cult because I don't throw money at her every time she asks for it. I'll check out the podcast, but I really hate the insinuation. I'm very much a free thinker, and my life doesn't even remotely revolve around the girl. I've got my own ambitions and relationships (and I listen to literally thousands of other artists, mind you. I'm a music enthusiast all around, with commendable knowledge on the catalogues of basically every female artist from Janet & Madonna to Mariah & Shania to Alanis & Avril to Gwen & Ciara to Lorde & Lana to Bjork & Fiona to PJ & Joni to Tori & Carole to Janice & Aretha to Charli & Slayyyter.) 

I do think it was whack of Taylor to ask her fans to "ask" Scooter's clients about the masters debacle, guess what: that's why I didn't partake. :rip: and it's also why that action literally didn't even lead to any active change. The people who "blindly" follow her lead are people whose prefrontal cortexes probably haven't developed (teens & young adults) that eventually learn there's more to life than idolizing someone.

The "responsibility" she has to society has not been misused as of yet, that Scooter **** was lame but not harmful, and it's probably the only action of that nature she's ever incited. She didn't even ""sic us"" on Kanye and Kim, and has in fact called OFF the dogs as recently as last year so they wouldn't harass John Mayer, after she saw they tried that **** with Jake again in 2021.

She clearly doesn't want to incite that type of conflict so I trust her judgment, and if it ever goes out of whack, best believe I've got the free will and the critical thinking skills to call her out for it. 

TLDR: what she's done so far has been harmless. She has not harmed anyone, and neither have her fans. Nothing that has been said online has ever translated to any real world harm. The girl's ambitions are harmless. Wanting to be the dominant commercial force in music does not hurt anyone. End of story. 

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

Stopped at the bolded. It absolutely is. She's doing this precisely because of Billie's pointed comments. If you're one of those swifties that can't even dare to be honest about her motivations then there's no discussion to be had. Tell yourself this is all a coincidence. 

she absolutely is. And the majority of the swifties are very happy she can fight back :heart:

What you said it's very interesting cause apparently you don't like her at the very first and you already choose your side. First of all that is never a "valid criticism". Modern artist has already produced much less physical than 20 or even 10 years ago. It's just a hypocrite trying to gain attention before her new album release, and put all her competitors including Taylor, Olivia or Ariana under the spotlight. I don't why you specifically mention their age gap, in music industry a feud between people with big age gap is very common. Taylor didn't start the fight, she just fight back on her own way, and it's sad (but not surprised) to see people like you feel uncomfortable :heart: cause for people like you, when she call somebody out, it's her playing the victim; when she fight back silently, it's her couldn't handle a valid criticism :bibliahh:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, HappierJealousy said:

Taylor didn't start the fight, she just fight back on her own way, 

She's pathetic. :suburban:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Janet said:

She's pathetic. :suburban:

Billie? Yes I guess. I mean she literally trying to make any artist who making vinyl of variants embarrassing (including herself) just to promote her new album. :suburban:

• Haha 12
  • Thumbs Down 1

Billie is a clown and Taylor should now release whatever to stay on top. Come on, TayTay, you know what to do :suburban:

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, IBelonginYourArms said:

I'm just happy that Billie is fighting back. Essentially Billie will win the long game anyway when she curbstomps on Taylor both at the Grammys and year-end list and will leave Taylor fuming and crying with those 35 weeks at #1.

Fortunately, that miserable person can never be truly happy and all the newer artists treating her like garbage for always being threatened by upcoming artists will make her fume even more hihi

Fortunately is Taylor has already showed up in countless year-end list/all time list with her record-breaking 4 AOTY. And her album has sold 4 m units in the US in one month and a half. She is currently traveling with her strong boyfriend in Italia and preparing for her upcoming sold out stadium shows in Portugal. And I don't know what gives your braveness to assume that Taylor will fume for all of this thing you book. I wish I could be this delusional:suburban:

Edited by HappierJealousy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I know I'm not in a cult because I don't throw money at her every time she asks for it. I'll check out the podcast, but I really hate the insinuation. I'm very much a free thinker, and my life doesn't even remotely revolve around the girl. I've got my own ambitions and relationships (and I listen to literally thousands of other artists, mind you. I'm a music enthusiast all around, with commendable knowledge on the catalogues of basically every female artist from Janet & Madonna to Mariah & Shania to Alanis & Avril to Gwen & Ciara to Lorde & Lana to Bjork & Fiona to PJ & Joni to Tori & Carole to Janice & Aretha to Charli & Slayyyter.) 

I do think it was whack of Taylor to ask her fans to "ask" Scooter's clients about the masters debacle, guess what: that's why I didn't partake. :rip: and it's also why that action literally didn't even lead to any active change. The people who "blindly" follow her lead are people whose prefrontal cortexes probably haven't developed (teens & young adults) that eventually learn there's more to life than idolizing someone.

The "responsibility" she has to society has not been misused as of yet, that Scooter **** was lame but not harmful, and it's probably the only action of that nature she's ever incited. She didn't even ""sic us"" on Kanye and Kim, and has in fact called OFF the dogs as recently as last year so they wouldn't harass John Mayer, after she saw they tried that **** with Jake again in 2021.

She clearly doesn't want to incite that type of conflict so I trust her judgment, and if it ever goes out of whack, best believe I've got the free will and the critical thinking skills to call her out for it. 

It's not so much about the outcome but her brazenness to go there in the first place. She's done other things to throw her weight around over the years. Throwing Joe to the wolves in the wake of the breakup comes to mind but you'd probably hand-wave them as harmless or justified. It's the insidiousness of these little trails that are worrisome. 

2 minutes ago, HappierJealousy said:

she absolutely is. And the majority of the swifties are very happy she can fight back :heart:

What you said it's very interesting cause apparently you don't like her at the very first and you already choose your side. First of all that is never a "valid criticism". Modern artist has already produced much less physical than 20 or even 10 years ago. It's just a hypocrite trying to gain attention before her new album release, and put all her competitors including Taylor, Olivia or Ariana under the spotlight. I don't why you specifically mention their age gap, in music industry a feud between people with big age gap is very common. Taylor didn't start the fight, she just fight back on her own way, and it's sad (but not surprised) to see people like you feel uncomfortable :heart: cause for people like you, when she call somebody out, it's her playing the victim; when she fight back silently, it's her couldn't handle a valid criticism :bibliahh:

In this case, a direct response would've been more respectable. She chose instead to mess with Billie's business. Taylor of all people know how validating a top debut can be for an artist. Why rob Billie of that? 

No I don't like her (anymore), I look for more than ambition in the artists I invest in. Ambition is a slippery slope to full-on greed. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Tortured Poet said:

Fighting for her life for a #1 spot she apparently didn't care about.. :rip:

At this point it's not really about being #1, I don't think she and her team would've cared if it was any other artists, a rapper or a country artists who pulled 400k out of nowhere; I think what's rubbing her team the wrong way is that they simply don't like Taylor in the first place :lmao:

7 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

It's not so much about the outcome but her brazenness to go there in the first place. She's done other things to throw her weight around over the years. Throwing Joe to the wolves in the wake of the breakup comes to mind but you'd probably hand-wave them as harmless or justified. It's the insidiousness of these little trails that are worrisome. 

I don't recall her over throwing Joe to the wolves, but if I missed something then that's my bad. The day she does something harmful* I'll be sure to acknowledge it and tag you though.

*(Like her incessant jet usage, which I do agree borders on reckless endangerment of our planet, but there's dozens of other wealthy people doing just as bad, if not worse, so I don't waste my energy singling her out when it's a collective issue).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

In this case, a direct response would've been more respectable. She chose instead to mess with Billie's business. Taylor of all people know how validating a top debut can be for an artist. Why rob Billie of that? 

No I don't like her (anymore), I look for more than ambition in the artists I invest in. Ambition is a slippery slope to full-on greed. 

Are you crazy? :suburban:Billie didn't directly call her out, so a direct response will only make her look like an idiot. I can already imagine how people laugh at her like "why you assume she is talking about you, why Ariana/Olivia/… didn't say anything..". Needless to say anything she did will directly get reported on news 15 mins later, and it only makes any little thing 10x more messy. Billie subtly shade her, so she wants to subtly rob her #1. Even Taylor doesn't get the #1, she still pull of the fake mask of Billie who pretend to not care about the chart and it just shows how hypocritical Billie is

Edited by HappierJealousy

@PoisonedIvy @HappierJealousy please ignore that user they always act like they are above and smarter than everyone, just like that on ariana stan

and all their arguments are based on speculations, you are not gonna change their mind for someone who likes to live in their own bubble

OT: i hope this gets messier, i dont care who comes out on top but its nice to see artists are fighting for #1

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

41 minutes ago, theboyismine said:

spacer.png

which dupe is this? literally 99% of your posts are dedicated to taylor :bibliahh: 

• Like 1

Taylor literally always tries to stay on top for as long as possible. 

Billie isn't special, she just choose a stupid release week if she want the #1.

• Thumbs Down 1

34 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I don't recall her over throwing Joe to the wolves, but if I missed something then that's my bad. The day she does something harmful* I'll be sure to acknowledge it and tag you though.

*(Like her incessant jet usage, which I do agree borders on reckless endangerment of our planet, but there's dozens of other wealthy people doing just as bad, if not worse, so I don't waste my energy singling her out when it's a collective issue).

One day, we'll have that conversation in a fitting thread. I do appreciate you being civilly dissenting. Not everybody has that to their credit. 

• Like 1

Girl, just take the #2 and start preparing a diss track. This is getting embarassing.

:suburban:

• Haha 3

:rip:

3 hours ago, Bloo said:

Can't wait to see what Taylor pulls out of her hat in the morning. Night, y'all. :zzz:

New TTPD variant including Travis Kelce nudes :WAP:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.