Lorde overperforms w/110k+; lands her first #1 album

Duca

I hope she can hold the #1 spot on iTunes for a while longer. She's going to need all the sales she can get :'( 

Edited by Wonderland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wonderland

• QueenofCopyPaste

• sadnews

• Mariano

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

Watch the people who dragged Katy's numbers praise this and say it's amazing.

Like, it is, but at least be consistant with your expectations for pop girls in 2017.

Are you guys serious about not understanding the different context?

If Taylor did 200k, it would be a bit disappointing. If Lorde did 200k, it would be WTF THAT'S HUGE

Everything you do in life, you have to contextualize and relativize.

Edited by itsjem

41 minutes ago, itsjem said:

If Taylor did 200k, it would be a bit disappointing. If Lorde did 200k, it would be WTF THAT'S HUGE

I don't think disappointing is even close to the right word :skull:

3 hours ago, Aurora said:

Like, it is, but at least be consistant with your expectations for pop girls in 2017.

:skull: kii

Not all artists share the same standard. 

Halsey - Katy - Lorde, 3 female #1 albums in a row. Anyone getting 2013 teas from this?

Katy's Roar - Miley's Wrecking Ball - Lorde's Royals were all #1 after 2 weeks each. 

The weird is Katy & Lorde are also in this cluster of female #1's. :date3:

The next female #1 album won't be until either Miley or Selena releases.

Edited by Mattyboy

QueenofCopyPaste
14 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

Halsey - Katy - Lorde, 3 female #1 albums in a row. Anyone getting 2013 teas from this?

Katy's Roar - Miley's Wrecking Ball - Lorde's Royals were all #1 after 2 weeks each. 

The weird is Katy & Lorde are also in this cluster of female #1's. :date3:

The next female #1 album won't be until either Miley or Selena releases.

Miley is coming on October

Shania Twain and Camila Cabello are releasing on September, they have chances

18 minutes ago, J-boy said:

Miley is coming on October

Shania Twain and Camila Cabello are releasing on September, they have chances

Camilla will be lucky if she does 30k if her singles continue to do badly. I didn't even know Shania was releasing an album and I stay on top of music.

We shall see. Taylor is coming too but that's a given all her albums will go #1.

1 hour ago, itsjem said:

41 minutes ago, Hurem said:

:skull: kii

Not all artists share the same standard. 

They are both pop females whose last albums (and hits singles) were released in Q4 2013 and new albums released in Q2 2017. It's about as similar of a situation as you can get. :rip: 

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

They are both pop females whose last albums (and hits singles) were released in Q4 2013 and new albums released in Q2 2017. It's about as similar of a situation as you can get. :rip: 

So you're comparing Lorde's first era to Katy's third era? :rip:

PRISM had 2 #1's and PH only had 1. 

Edited by Mattyboy

27 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hard to admit, but Katy Perry is a pop superstar on her 4th album with a huge following and a big name in pop culture - only her second album got 5 #1s.

Lorde is a pop artist with a very personal and alternative approach to music, on her second album, with a tiny cult following,

That's as diverse of a situation that you can get to me 

Edited by itsjem

30 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Dark Horse went well into 2014 :rip: 

People need to stop with the Q2 excuse. The album did bad because the material is below their standards. Everyone knew Lorde wasn't going to be a huge hit this time around because Royals was a special hit. 

39 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Katy's debut album was released in 2008, Lorde's debut was released in 2013. Witness is Katy's 4th album, Melodrama is Lorde's sophomore album. Katy has released over 20 singles (9 of them went #1), Lorde has released 6 singles and only one went #1. Katy is manufactured to be a pop star and to sell songs/albums, Lorde isn't. They don't share the same standards, I'm sorry. :skull: 

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

Lorde isn't (supposed to be) half as big as Katy.

Well Lorde is doing better than Katy would have done without the tour bundle :celestial5:

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

What :rip:

Do you actually believe the nonsense you are typing

22 hours ago, Sscorpionn said:

:1stplace:

Didn't PH reach no1 though? :jonny2:

No but it had amazing longevity and sold a million copies in the US very fast I think.

Ouch at those numbers.. with all that acclaim too.

Just now, Witnessed ET said:

No but it had amazing longevity and sold a million copies in the US very fast I think.

Talent always wins. :alexz2:

6 hours ago, Starkboy said:

http://www.buzzanglemusic.com/charts/albums/

Friday only

SPS

1. 2 Chainz

2. Lorde

3. Kendrick

4. SZA

5. Drake

7. Katy Perry

9. Nickelback

12. Ed Sheeran

14. Bruno Mars

16. Halsey

Pure Sales

1. Lorde

2. Nickelback

3. Katy Perry

5. 2 Chainz

10. Kendrick

14. Ed Sheeran

16. Halsey

20. Bruno Mars

Did they mean SEA instead of SPS? There's no way that 2 Chainz is higher than Lorde overall.

Dont let her flop guys, she should release quickly the next video. Green Light is the worst song of the album and i wonder how they have choosen it

4 minutes ago, Sscorpionn said:

Talent always wins. :alexz2:

It deserved that No. 1 though. I like it more than Melodrama...but I'm sure this will surpass it in time.

Um... just because they are pop, female and it's 2017 doesn't mean we should have same expectations for them :toofunny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.