Is personality actually more important than looks?

Revolution

Personality influences demeanor which is a big part of "looks"

• Like 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• ONOPKA

• godmess

• Princess Aurora

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, toast said:

Personality influences demeanor which is a big part of "looks"

my demeanor is meaner than yours :-*

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Someone add "big D" to this equation & create a poll please, that's a much more difficult question to answer :eli:

Personally, I think it's better to find someone who matches you, in both personality and looks (but of course it requires being honest about yourself first :chick1:)

Edited by HealerKirby

Posted (edited)

Looks are nice, and even better if they belong to someone you get along with. But if it's only bells and whistles without any substance then what?

Would you marry a beautiful painting?

Id rather someone average looking that makes me happy. 

Edited by alexrex
  • Like 1

The gay community has it mostly figured out. 

Open relationship so you can date someone nice and funny while ******* hot people on the side. 

:suburban:

fat ass > personality > looks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Yes. A great personality can make someone look attractive through my eyes with time, but looks can't make me think someone has a nice personality no matter how much I try 

Edited by Mitsuki

Both matter but mannerisms and personality matter more.

It's equal for me. I have to be attracted to you physically and to your personality. It will not work if either is absent. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

i can do mid looks with a great confident/funny personality 

Edited by Mocha

Yes 

Both are equally important. You can't date or **** an ugly and you'll soon get bored with someone who's faceless.

Lobg story short, you'll have way more fun with 7/10 with a good personality than a 10 with a plastic brain.

Someone has to be attractive to you. No you don't have to date a supermodel, but you do need to be physically attracted to them. Sometimes there's people who you might not be attracted to at first but as you get to know them they become more attractive to you.

But the long and short of it is you need to be attracted to them physically and like them as a person.

• Like 1

Unless you're demisexual then they're equally important. Romance doesn't exist without physical/sexual attraction and it is an intrinsic part of the foundation of romance. Attraction precludes people before you even get to know them.

If looks meant nothing or little to nothing like some of you guys who want to say looks aren't important for virtue then sexuality would be a non issue and gay guys would be dating women

Why are you asking questions you already know the answer to? 

I've been with guys who are super gorg but are either mean asf or so vapid I can't even talk to them, and my mind literally starts to perceive them as ugly, picking up on even the tiniest physical flaw or creating ones. 

I've been with guys who are mid, but they have amazing personalities, and my mind starts to see them as way better looking than I initially thought. 

So definitely a personality. 

The hot ones are usually a little psycho

Ever since I graduated college I've realized that I don't really have a specific type anymore when it comes to looks. Not to say that there are aren't people I find physically attractive, but at the end of the day i can see myself become attracted to someone regardless of looks as long as they have the right personality.

22 hours ago, Revolution said:

I used to think life was about going for the hottest person or the one with the nicest ass. (And I kinda still do.)

But now I've realizing that some people are annoying or boring to be around and I would not like to spend the rest of my life with their energy / aura.

Is personality actually more important than looks? Surprised? :clack:

The thing is, when you're horny, you can easily value looks more but once we are done screwing around like what do we do if I can't stand your personality. So for a quickie go for looks if you must but for relationships personality trumps looks

For me, even for a good hookup I need a personality. If he's someone just looking for sex and no attachement (meaning that, in our intercourse, I'd feel tottally disconnected), it will suck and I'll feel meh after it. So even for "just sex" I want to feel some personality and not like I'm ******* a plastic model.

Most people think they care about personality in long term relationships but then end up breaking up because of those personality traits.

The truth is we are all dumb humans who don't really know why were attracted to someone.

Now if you really want a long relationship I think the most important thing is to have the same values and similar goals in life. Personality and looks come second.

Yes, yes, and yes. Beauty is on the inside 

yes but looks help a lot.  

I mean you can have a cool personality but if you have a beard or short hair I can probably be there friend but I wouldn't want to sleep with them :toofunny3:

Yes. Looks are important for the initial attraction to someone in most cases, and obviously continued interest in physical and sexual things, but if you're with someone who is a **** person with a shitty personality, then you are not going to end up being happy in that relationship.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.