Katy is coming

BlackAura

i must say though, pushing back the release is one thing, not using the momentum she has and staying radio silent after she changed her socials pfps is another. Her team could use this extra time they have before the release to even tease it more, interact with us (on the canal on instagram also) and just build it more. idk what they're doing tbh

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Bends

• chriswouldman

• thismoment

Do you remember a couple of years ago her label said she had a "plan"? When and why was this said?

Amber is out of the psych ward again

• Haha 7

the song featuring doechii is a bop

it's all that i can say

12fehwA.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Amber needs to leave us alone dddd, she's just gonna make things worse if Katy stays radio silent today. At least give us another voice note!

4 minutes ago, edutada said:

the song featuring doechii is a bop

it's all that i can say

12fehwA.gif

we know that much...

34 minutes ago, Mattically said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't really planning anything for Wednesday at first, and the only reason they changed the profile pictures was because it was the 143rd day of the year. She or her team saw a tweet about it and decided to go with it, even though they weren't planning on starting the era that early, so now we have this weird, awkward gap.

That's what probably happened, Katy just wanted to give the 143 conspirators something as appreciation for coming up with that theory, but wasn't planning to announce anything yet, however, Capitol changing their profile pic and then removing it after a few hours seems weird

2 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

we know that much...

the beat.... gonna make your heart accelerate and then STOP just like an overdose with cocaine

12fehwA.gif

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Timeless said:

Amber is out of the psych ward again

I can't see this profile picture anymore, she's making me go CRAZY. :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

Actually, it is not that uncommon. Sometimes it happens that artists (labels) push immediately the single the day before its official release or even on the same day. I don't think her team usually does it (Electric was available "for a while" if i'm not mistaken). No idea of what is happening right now: change of modus operandi or just waiting? 

i hope it's a change of modus operandi because i remember ALL of her info releases used to leak days or even weeks before the actual annoucement. NRO, Small Talk, 365 (!!!). if they had the option to prevent those leaks by registering later, why they used to do that? is it like to gather more time to conquer better playlist placements? idk

3 minutes ago, peacok said:

That's what probably happened, Katy just wanted to give the 143 conspirators something as appreciation for coming up with that theory, but wasn't planning to announce anything yet, however, Capitol changing their profile pic and then removing it after a few hours seems weird

But SuperVillan and Sam had confirmed that there was an announcement on Wednesday, but she didn't do it for some unknown reason.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The team prepared the whole thing guys, it wasn't just random photos change, we got the site, images uploaded, spotify canvas too. Just relax, until next week we'll get more updates.

Edited by edutada
more examples
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, edutada said:

The team prepared the whole thing guys, it wasn't just random photos change, we have the spotify canvas too. Just relax, until next week we'll get more updates.

this... i think what they did is actually pretty normal, we're just hungry for information after all these years. i don't think other fandons would react the same as we reacting right now over this situation. we need to calm down!

• Like 1

This is kinda frustrating

:suburban:

Stop edging queen 

16 minutes ago, Bends said:

Do you remember a couple of years ago her label said she had a "plan"? When and why was this said?

The guy who said that is no longer with Capitol. :cm:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42705445

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, sam.teas said:

I understand your justified anxiety for this announcement (as well as I am), but, as mentioned yesterday, when it comes to her team decisions, there is little I can do. This does not imply an endorsement of how the hype is being managed, etcetera, but truly, at least from my personal perspective, I am unsure of what she is waiting for or deciding upon. The fact that social media and distribution channels have yet to be updated even today is indicative of this slow process. I have also looked at some DSPs, but despite the logo change being recorded, there is still no sign of files being uploaded and prepared for distribution (at least in the ones I usually look in; perhaps to prevent leaks or premature dissemination of information prior to her official announcement). I am eager as well, but we are compelled to wait. s:wan:

Thank you for everything king

I was thinking…could it be possible that she never intended to make the announcement on Wednesday? I mean, everyone expected her to do something on the 22nd. Maybe after the disappointments of the AI finale, the Met and March 14th she (and her team) thought they had to do something so that they wouldn't let us down. Could it be that the release date was always supposed to be on a later date? 

1 minute ago, partynauseous said:

this... i think what they did is actually pretty normal, we're just hungry for information after all these years. i don't think other fandons would react the same as we reacting right now over this situation. we need to calm down!

I understand the frustration because until now she was using just old promotion methods but happily her team got updated with marketing strategies, this will be good for her.

Just now, partynauseous said:

i have a question... is she at least recorded a music video for the upcoming single? @Supervillain @sam.teas

i mean if the album photoshoot is done, the booklet is ready and the physicals too, its like 99% sure the mv is shot!

2 minutes ago, Deds said:

Thank you for everything king

I was thinking…could it be possible that she never intended to make the announcement on Wednesday? I mean, everyone expected her to do something on the 22nd. Maybe after the disappointments of the AI finale, the Met and March 14th she (and her team) thought they had to do something so that they wouldn't let us down. Could it be that the release date was always supposed to be on a later date? 

i don't think so, the insiders were pretty sure she was announcing on the 22nd, they had that info apparently. so something really changed

Just now, partynauseous said:

i don't think so, the insiders were pretty sure she was announcing on the 22nd, they had that info apparently. so something really changed

Maybe she got pregnant? 

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, cryaboutitNow said:

i mean if the album photoshoot is done, the booklet is ready and the physicals too, its like 99% sure the mv is shot!

well, that's album related, not single related. we haven't received any info that talks about the single itself

Edited by partynauseous

1 minute ago, partynauseous said:

well, that's album related, not single related. we haven't receive any info that talks about the single itself

But I mean they have a cover for the single as well and Katy used always shots out of the music videos so I guess it's filmed already. 

2 minutes ago, chriswouldman said:

Maybe she got pregnant? 

With an upgraded $25M Americal Idol cheque?

1 minute ago, chriswouldman said:

Maybe she got pregnant? 

The baby: KPSEX
So at this time i think she made an abortion