Katy is coming

BlackAura

EXCLUSIVE CONFIRMATION FROM CAPITOL HQ: No duet with Adele on KP6. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Bends

• chriswouldman

• thismoment

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

I understand your justified anxiety for this announcement (as well as I am), but, as mentioned yesterday, when it comes to her team decisions, there is little I can do. This does not imply an endorsement of how the hype is being managed, etcetera, but truly, at least from my personal perspective, I am unsure of what she is waiting for or deciding upon. The fact that social media and distribution channels have yet to be updated even today is indicative of this slow process. I have also looked at some DSPs, but despite the logo change being recorded, there is still no sign of files being uploaded and prepared for distribution (at least in the ones I usually look in; perhaps to prevent leaks or premature dissemination of information prior to her official announcement). I am eager as well, but we are compelled to wait. s:wan:

This is so … frustrating.

But: I think I speak for everyone here: thank you for providing us any kind of information, monarch. :bird:

Edited by chriswouldman

I don't think Katy has ever truly lost her appeal. Teenage Dream was iconic for my generation and we witnessed hit after hit. The world was in her palm. The problem was by the time we hit Witness, Katy was having an identity crisis. She was lost in the pop star image and the GP & fans could tell. The whole witness recordings where she was breaking down was horrendous and her image at the time was wrecked. Enough time has passed now, her image has recovered and she seems in a better place. I have no doubt the next era will be HUGE - I can just feel it 

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't really planning anything for Wednesday at first, and the only reason they changed the profile pictures was because it was the 143rd day of the year. She or her team saw a tweet about it and decided to go with it, even though they weren't planning on starting the era that early, so now we have this weird, awkward gap.

Edited by Mattically
  • Like 1

Can't believe there's still only one post in her channel 💀

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

I understand your justified anxiety for this announcement (as well as I am), but, as mentioned yesterday, when it comes to her team decisions, there is little I can do. This does not imply an endorsement of how the hype is being managed, etcetera, but truly, at least from my personal perspective, I am unsure of what she is waiting for or deciding upon. The fact that social media and distribution channels have yet to be updated even today is indicative of this slow process. I have also looked at some DSPs, but despite the logo change being recorded, there is still no sign of files being uploaded and prepared for distribution (at least in the ones I usually look in; perhaps to prevent leaks or premature dissemination of information prior to her official announcement). I am eager as well, but we are compelled to wait. s:wan:

You bring such a calming energy to this thread. Thank you for your service. :jonny6: 

nothing is coming today sadly, maybe next week

2 minutes ago, Mattically said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't really planning anything for Wednesday at first, and the only reason they changed the profile pictures was because it was the 143rd day of the year. She or her team saw a tweet about it and decided to go with it, even though they weren't planning on starting the era that early, so now we have this weird, awkward gap.

I don't think so. Even our two besties were informed differently. I think something might have changed but what…

40 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

95 pages and no announcement… Is she coming in slow motion?

Like a butterfly in hurricane

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

but it's a shame her team hasn't updated the distribution channels yet. i mean, if they want to prevent leaks ok, but c'mommmm this isn't that common, right? at least for her team

eminem is coming next week 

maybe she postponed it until the first week of June, which is also pride month

:gaycat6:

Just now, IgorF said:

if they really postponed the annoucement/release was not because of that me thinks, i mean, they should've know that before

• Like 1

but yeah, june 7 seems like a appropriate release date 

1 minute ago, IgorF said:

WHO cares about Eminem. He's not Taylor Swift. Those are two different target audiences. And even if they weren't different - which is not the case - Katy is not coming from a place where anyone gonna expect her pulling big numbers. If it's gonna be a successful song then it's gonna be a slow burner. 

btw some people on Twitter are trying to trend „ANNOUNCE THE LEAD KATY". 

3 minutes ago, chriswouldman said:

WHO cares about Eminem. He's not Taylor Swift. Those are two different target audiences. And even if they weren't different - which is not the case - Katy is not coming from a place where anyone gonna expect her pulling big numbers. If it's gonna be a successful song then it's gonna be a slow burner. 

True. And I doubt her team wouldn't know about other artists' releases in advance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chriswouldman said:

WHO cares about Eminem.

He will make 300k+ first-week.

atp i don't care about spoilers, just want to be fed. :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bends said:

He will make 300k+ first-week.

So what? What's gonna happen? Do you actually think he's gonna block her from getting the number 1 on TOP 100? We can be glad if she's gonna pull something between 40 - 100. Let's see if she's gonna even chart lol. 

the video is down wtf 

3 minutes ago, partynauseous said:

the video is down wtf 

when you click on the tweet you can still see it, but it does not appear on their feed anymore... what's going on

30 minutes ago, chriswouldman said:

This is so … frustrating.

But: I think I speak for everyone here: thank you for providing us any kind of information, monarch. :bird:

Yw! You're so sweet! 

18 minutes ago, partynauseous said:

but it's a shame her team hasn't updated the distribution channels yet. i mean, if they want to prevent leaks ok, but c'mommmm this isn't that common, right? at least for her team

Actually, it is not that uncommon. Sometimes it happens that artists (labels) push immediately the single the day before its official release or even on the same day. I don't think her team usually does it (Electric was available "for a while" if i'm not mistaken). No idea of what is happening right now: change of modus operandi or just waiting? 

22 minutes ago, Nuggets said:

You bring such a calming energy to this thread. Thank you for your service. :jonny6: 

I know that sometimes my words can be "empty", but I try to be honest as much as I can!

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, chriswouldman said:

So what? What's gonna happen? Do you actually think he's gonna block her from getting the number 1 on TOP 100? We can be glad if she's gonna pull something between 40 - 100. Let's see if she's gonna even chart lol. 

It's the key answer.
She hasn't a Top 10 hit since 2017, which was 7 years ago.

1 minute ago, cryaboutitNow said:

when you click on the tweet you can still see it, but it does not appear on their feed anymore... what's going on

its back on their feed, neverminddd

1 minute ago, cryaboutitNow said:

What? It's still visible on desktop