Do you agree that 1989 > Teenage Dream?

prettyinpink940

Better  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Better

• Teenage Dream

1 hour ago, CherryBay said:

1989 was way too safe and focused on young audience 

TD at least was different in places and had something for everybody that's why TD was so successful era with 6 no.1 in the end

And TD wasn't? Why are you acting like Katy released Erotica? :dies:

• Haha 1

1989 was bland, safe, and has no personality. Even reputation (which I truly disliked) has more personality to it. 

TD, on the other hand, is the album of my youth. The singles run were immaculate, and I have yet to see another album serving an awesome era as that.

• Like 1

1989 is terrible. TD is amazing.

Of course. 1989 is fun, perfect pop without dumbing it down to a mind-numbing level (sans maybe 2 songs)

A majority of Teenage Dream sounds good, but the lyrical content on a majority of the album is terrible

Nope, Teenage Dream, ET and The one that got away are better than any song in 1989 imo. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, CherryBay said:

1989 was way too safe and focused on young audience 

TD at least was different in places and had something for everybody that's why TD was so successful era with 6 no.1 in the end

Almost everything about Teenage Dream was focused on a young audience :rip: Ffs, the tour movie was literally in the kids section of Netflix

Yes and no. Teenage Dream (song) is low key pop perfection and better than anything on 1989. But 1989 is the better album as a whole. 

I'd say they are pretty evenly iconic, but a slight edge to 1989 for its AOTY win and how massive it's rerelease was last year.

Both are iconic pop albums from that era.

That I can agree :clap3:

Plus I'd take 1989 Taylor over the 2024 faux tortured poet any time. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.