• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virgos Groove

• wastedpotential

• Blue Monday

• KingBeyonce.

You could've have a solid argument with Folklore or Evermore

1989 is an ok album, a good pop record, but it's definitely not a quality body of work.

A lot of people here really can't tell the difference between a good commercial product which is 1989 and a full quality body of work like ST

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, beyonce doesn't have an album as good as 1989

• Confused 1

Be serious 

The DIAMOND eligible, AOTY Grammy-winning blockbuster album, also known as a modern pop classic that debuted with 1.2M+ units in 2014 and with 1.6M+ units with its re-recorded version in 2023 is the better album.

Those accolades are difficult to get...Not everyone has that to their credit. 

33 minutes ago, charot said:

Sounds like a consensus. Try Nurtec.

Xaev2c1.png

Are you saying that streams = quality? What does one have to do with the other? :laugh: 

Also ~900k daily streams - I'm assuming that's what I'm reading from that screenshot & I'm also assuming it's only Spotify streams? I could be wrong - for somebody that debuted in the 1990s and doesn't try nearly as hard as she could to adapt to the streaming era is not terrible but I know ATRL has decided it is so that's a different discussion entirely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, charot said:

Sounds like a consensus. Try Nurtec.

Xaev2c1.png

Numbers are literally all you guys have it's so unfortunate.

• Haha 2

Beyonce is a terrible album that is almost exclusively talked about in the context of it being a surprise release. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

ST is better

• Like 1

Yes. 1989 is just THAT album to me personally (and universally too kinda)

4 hours ago, Love4Janet said:

Beyonce is a terrible album that is almost exclusively talked about in the context of it being a surprise release. 

On what planet? 1989 isn't even better than it's predecessor Teenage Dream, much less better than the masterpiece that is ST

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, itshyolee said:

You thought you ate with this, but in reality you just proved how shitty and worthless the Grammys actually are:ryan3:

yet even beyonce's husband wants an aoty for his wife :ryan3: seems like he knows it's still the most prestigious music award, unlike her own stans

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

A vessel for a great vocal performance, which is difficult to give, not everybody can give that

sGB8Qgp.gif

and also a vessel for a great message delivered authentically.

Idk why some try to **** on 'Pretty Hurts. It's a good song with a message that will always be relevant unfortunately. If I didn't know Sia previously shopped the song around I would have thought she had either written it specifically for Beyoncé or co-wrote it directly with her because most of the lyrics seem to apply to her. We all know Beyoncé is beautiful but has issues around her penchant for perfectionism, including her physical appearance at times (album was released in her "thigh gap" era). Being a Southern belle who participated in the pageant circuit as a child, I'm actually surprised more people don't try to dissect this and how she relates to Ms. Tina but that's for another thread. She gave the vocal performance of her life in that song because she can relate to it 1000%. And yes, not everyone can bring that level of conviction to a song, especially one they didn't write.

Another vote for self-titled over 1989. I could talk about the layers in 'BEYONCÉ' all day. It's one of my favorite albums of all time. There'd be none of the great works she did afterwards without self-titled laying the brick on the foundation.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen
  • Thanks 2

1989 has some bops but I don't really get the acclaim from some people. It's pretty standard sounding pop for the most part. Taylor has done much better 

i dont get the hype for st. sure, its a great piece of work, but it could have been sung by any other rnb girl and it would be the same. with 1989, taylor actually crafted the album with her vision and unique style, so its far more impressive.

Rocket and No Angel are better any Taylor Swift song

• Like 2

Beyoncé >>>>> 1989 >>>>> 1989 (Taylor's Version)

Time for a new thread aka Lemonade > 1989 I guess ? 

:ryan3:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, theboyismine said:

When they put Lemonade above 1989 what excuse will you come up with?:heart:

end thread 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, theboyismine said:

end thread 

what a joke of a list. this list is purely for political reasons.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

Nope. Self Titled is much better as a body of work :clap3:

No, but i agree that Lemonade >>>> both of them :clap3:

16 minutes ago, Pinkbutterflies said:

what a joke of a list. this list is purely for political reasons.

what do you mean political? elaborate!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.