Do you agree 1989 > BEYONCÉ

Anvarie

?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Is 1989 the better album?

• 1989 is the better album
    • BEYONCÉ is the better album

5 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Katy's voice would crack (something you know a lot about as a Swiftie) trying to sing PH, lbr. Rih would just hide under Sia's demo.

Bey is the only one who can turn a mid composition (the only one in ST, since the rest are 11/10) into a good song. A Mariah/Whitney/Toni tea.

sGB8Qgp.gif

You're right in saying Taylor would/could never, but idk if that's the reason...

sGB8Qgp.gif

Oh sis you're really in the trenches, I called the album soulless and impersonal and you didn't even bother responding. Whack Taylor's vocals all you want (it just shows that you need to visit an otolaryngologist) but I know for damn sure that she'd never release an album as insipid as ST and then pretend that it was a work of high art like Bey has. Taylor's missteps... have been corrected in a way that I think Bey's ego is too ballooned to attempt :gaycat4:

Let me give a stream to XO because I do really like the song, even if the sample at the beginning is morally reprehensible :gaycat4:

sGB8Qgp.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virgos Groove

• wastedpotential

• Blue Monday

• KingBeyonce.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Sounds like a you problem. Try Prevagen.

sGB8Qgp.gif

Sounds like a consensus. Try Nurtec.

Xaev2c1.png

Edited by charot
  • Haha 1

Oh absolutely. 1989 is better than anything Beyoncé has done and that's not even Taylor's best album so 

:ryan3:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue Monday said:

And yet Pretty Hurts is still a better song than Welcome to New York so how sad for you and Tay that she got shown up by a "Sia Rihject"

spacer.png

Babe it's a sub-par Sia fart that contains some absolute stinker lines, but whatever you need to tell yourself. I guess I haven't undergone the soul-surgery (or rather, eardrum replacement procedure (since I'm not a big Beyonce listener, my original set haven't been worn out yet)) required to hear it in the way you are. Glad that you think it's cute, every song needs at least one person to support it, and the rest of us think Listening Hurts is godawful! I'm glad it has you in it's corner!

sGB8Qgp.gif

5 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I know for damn sure that she'd never release an album as insipid as ST

:dies: ts's discography is the dictionary definition of insipid

• Haha 1

pls, every Beyonce album bar I Am Sasha Fierce and maybe Dangerously in Love is better than 1989 :priceless:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Babe it's a sub-par Sia fart that contains some absolute stinker lines, but whatever you need to tell yourself. I guess I haven't undergone the soul-surgery (or rather, eardrum replacement procedure (since I'm not a big Beyonce listener, my original set haven't been worn out yet)) required to hear it in the way you are. Glad that you think it's cute, every song needs at least one person to support it, and the rest of us think Listening Hurts is godawful! I'm glad it has you in it's corner!

sGB8Qgp.gif

All this carrying on about Pretty Hurts when the very next song on the track list annihilates most of Taylor's stale discography, and we haven't even taken Blow, No Angel, Partition or Jealous into consideration (or any of the visuals for that matter) and that's just from the first half of the album. But by all means do what you gotta do to cope babe xx

spacer.png

Edited by Blue Monday
  • Like 1

Just now, Carla Rosón said:

:dies: ts's discography is the dictionary definition of insipid

Y'all sure do have a lot to say about it then. Surely if it's that bland you can find something else to talk about, right?

sGB8Qgp.gif

I loved both albums when they came out, but Self Titled is the better body of work between the two imo.

1989 has bops, but overall it's just a very vanilla record that any pop girl could've pushed out.

1989 is for people who listen to clean versions of albums, it's giving Kidz Bop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, wastedpotential said:

Oh sis you're really in the trenches, I called the album soulless and impersonal and you didn't even bother responding.

Some takes are simply too awful to be corrected. A Taylor Swift stan calling Beyoncé insipid... kii

sGB8Qgp.gif

7 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Taylor's missteps... have been corrected in a way that I think Bey's ego is too ballooned to attempt :gaycat4:

Babe, she just released the same album but with worse production. That's not correcting, that's doubling down.

sGB8Qgp.gif

1 hour ago, liam13 said:

yes. one is aoty, the other is beyoncé.

You thought you ate with this, but in reality you just proved how shitty and worthless the Grammys actually are:ryan3:

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

The one where the artist wasn't singing off key at every live performance that was given during the era…..  her horrible vocal during the era could only be compared to Selena's so that already makes the music much worse 

Posted (edited)

Challenge for both fanbases! Post a performance from one of these artists where they're singing off-key. Let's see who can provide the most material.

sGB8Qgp.gif

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Haha 9

Posted (edited)

Apple Music is a joke. 1989 above Nina Simone, Beyoncé, Beach Boys, Beatles, etc. classic albums. No ma'am. Which Swiftie is working at AM?! Sure, it has hits on it, but, using that same logic they might as well place Teenage Dream and or The Fame somewhere in the Top 20 at this point. :biblionny:

Edited by Brikenbur

Of course. But people will pretend to care about that unknown album like they always do but will quickly forget about it after they open the spotify app

the way it always comes back to sales and streams

By the Water

• Haha 6

anyone who says 1989 is the better album is lying to themselves 

• Thanks 1

Taylor could literally never

• Thanks 6

And of course it had to be the inferior Taylor's Version so the girl herself wouldn't call them out on a tweet claiming "sexism", predictable :zzz:

I know it's a slow day on atrl but wow is this trolling attempt bad. 

• Haha 1

Seriously?

SaBLg1x.thumb.gif.461794c2876717df37bf9f

I chose the DIAMOND eligible, AOTY Grammy-winning blockbuster album that debuted with 1.2M+ units in 2014 and with 1.6M+ units with its re-recorded version in 2023. All of these achievements are very difficult to get...Not everyone has that to their credit.

1989 is an immaculate record so I'm not shocked. But I would lie to myself if I said that BEYONCÉ isnt a better album. 

Course not. Beyonce is better 

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.