Is HMH&S Melodrama's spiritual successor?

Billionaire

Several albums have been compared to Lorde's magnum opus since it's release but I feel like this is the one album that truly feels like if Melodrama had a child.

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Like 1

I love HMH&S a lot but c'mon now..... :rip:

Melodrama is album of the life. Only a limited number of albums can come close to it and HMH&S is not one of them - musical lyrical thematical quality, acclaim and timelessness is not on the same level.

• Like 4

HMH&S doesn't sound dated on arrival :coffee:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 5
  • Thumbs Down 3

Melodrama sweetie… :biblio:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was just thinking we need the O'Collab.

So yes!

:WAP:

36 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

if Melodrama had a child.

spacer.png

• Haha 5

I'd say yes because both albums are astonishing production-wise, but Melodrama's lyrics and concept are TOO well-crafted I'm afraid

I really don't understand these comparisons, they feel like very different albums to me.

• Like 1

Absolutely not :deadbanana2:

49 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Melodrama is album of the life. 

You spilled bestie. Melodrama is once-in-a-lifetime excellence.

It's the only album where i bought its vinyl record, and I don't even have a vinyl player

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely.

it's like a more progressive Melodrama + elements of Chemistry, Unapologetic, NFR!, Rainbow, Masseduction, and Little Machines. a mélange of sounds and aesthetics but it just works super well :clap3: I wouldn't consider it a breakup album the way Melodrama is, it feels a bit more complex than that 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Not really. Love HMHAS, but Melodrama is the best album of all time because it makes you feel something with its lyrics and production. HMHAS has great production but it actually doesn't make me feel anything while listening to it other than bopping or enjoying the melodies. It lacks a little bit of the perfect lyricism in Melodrama. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No, the production slaps but the lyrics, depth and constructions of Melodrama remain untouched.

• Thanks 1

Hit Me Mellow and Drama :alexz:

It's alot better tbh. It's on par with Confessions,Blackout etc. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I don't understand the hype behind HMHAS. It's honestly super boring. Melodrama meanwhile is an absolute masterpiece!

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.