Years later, thoughts on "Petals For Armor"?

Taylor fanboy

aged like milk shortly after release except for a few songs 

mediocre but at least it was better than the album that followed

It's still not good

"Roses/Lotus/Violet/Iris" still makes me emotional, and I still somtimes listen to "Dead Horse" while working out , but other than those two, sadly no

Tbh I forgot it quite quickly although I liked my friend

Sugar on the Rim is cute and I like Dead Horse but the album was a huuuuuuge let down 

• Like 1

A good listen but forgettable.

I use Simmer, Roses/Lotus/Violet/Iris and Crystal Clear still, but listening to the whole album is kind of a drag. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everything this band released after 'after laughter' wasn't for me. 

I tried really hard but it's not for me. Solo or as band

• Like 1

the singles are all pretty decent, but Sugar on the Rim and Crystal Clear are both STUNNING :jonny3: Roses/Lotus/Violet/Iris is also quite pretty

the rest is kinda milquetoast unfortunately. I really can't have been the only one hoping she'd go all classic 90s R&B vibes for her debut solo album, can I? I mean her voice is Kelly Clarkson-level extraordinary, I was hoping there'd be Mariah whistle runs and power ballads tbh. I remember doing ubereats on my bike in like summer 2018 back in maryland and listening to Paramore ST late one night and thinking "wow… I really hope Hayley has some incredibly timeless and classic-sounding debut album someday" and yet it ended up a bit of a letdown

Simmer is a really great song, and it was the first song of the new decade for me that kinda had a "wow!" reaction upon first listen, but for HAYLEY WILLIAMS THE VOCALIST it was a bit confusing as a debut single lol. it'd be a f*cking incredible track on any alt artist's album tbh, to this day 

self-titled remains Paramore's (and Hayley's) artistic peak, 100%

that album is a masterpiece :jonny4:

Not executed well and the songs are all too samey.

I still use Why We Ever 

• Like 1

I love Hayley to pieces, but this album was boring from the start. 

i use from Taken to Crystal Clear, they're kinda ahead of their time. rest is trash :rainy:

It's unfortunate because a solo Hayley album is what the world needed… but not like this

It was a great album I listened to, just one time.

I like it a lot!

Paramore is my bf's favorite band, and he listened to this album/the singles on repeat so I've heard Simmer and Over Yet about 101083739274992 times each lol. I think Pure Love is my fav, but I also love Why We Ever, Roses/Lotus/Violet/Iris, My Friend, Sudden Desire, and Watch Me While I Bloom.

:intoit:

great album. still think that is better than most of Paramore's discography

but Flowers for Vases is superior and better than every Paramore album except Selftitled

ionnalee copycat

4 hours ago, Technicolor said:

Simmer is still that song :jamming:

Came here to say this!! :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

Still listen all the time :alexz3: Excellent album.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.