HDD: Taylor #1 375k, Billie #2 329k

Squall

48 minutes ago, Ichinaru19 said:

I mean saving pre order sales to be shipped the 5th week leading to a 40% increase is also an objective statement, is it not?

Those specific copies were sold well after release week, expected to ship "by May 31st," and shipped on schedule but earlier than some fans personally expected. It's not like they were withheld from before the album's release or something to specifically deploy against the first threat to her streak at #1.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• family.guy123

• Green

• PoisonedIvy

On 5/26/2024 at 10:14 AM, ForgottenSoul said:

Age has nothing to do with this, billie was shown to be a hypocrite. 

She cares about palestine so much yet her Manager loves Israel

She cares about the enviroment yet has like 20 versions

She doesnt care about charts yet releases like 10 videos,20 different album versions. 

The way people will say such idiotic things and feel as if they are intellectually superior for it is wild.

1) She very obviously has shown support for Palestine through her tours as well. Her whole family has been posting about it nonstop.
2) She has worked to make every single tour stop of hers as waste-free as possible, something little to no other artists do. I witnessed this first hand during her HTE tour. She also famously flies commercial and not private jets to get a coffee 20 minutes away.
3) Billie has exactly three versions of her album - the original, a sped up, and a slowed/reverbed - notably all the same tracklist. For those who don't know a "version" usually constitutes a tracklist change. For example, TTPD has several *versions* which is different from a vinyl *variant*. TTPD has TTPD digital, TTPD:TA digital, TTPD + bonus track 1 vinyl, TTPD + bonus track 2 vinyl, TTPD + bonus track 3 vinyl, TTPD + bonus track 4 vinyl, TTPD + BDILH acoustic CD, TTPD + memo 1 digital, TTPD + memo 2 digital, TTPD + memo 3 digital, TTPD + Paris song 1 digital, TTPD + Paris song 2 digital, TTPD + Paris song 3 digital. I'm sure I'm missing a few others, but that right there is 13 *versions* of the same album, all with different tracklists.

Versions =/= variants, the latter of which is usually a different color of vinyl or cover art which many many artists obviously do. Hope this lesson helped! 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

The way people will say such idiotic things and feel as if they are intellectually superior for it is wild.

1) She very obviously has shown support for Palestine through her tours as well. Her whole family has been posting about it nonstop.
2) She has worked to make every single tour stop of hers as waste-free as possible, something little to no other artists do. I witnessed this first hand during her HTE tour. She also famously flies commercial and not private jets to get a coffee 20 minutes away.
3) Billie has exactly three versions of her album - the original, a sped up, and a slowed/reverbed - notably all the same tracklist. For those who don't know a "version" usually constitutes a tracklist change. For example, TTPD has several *versions* which is different from a vinyl *variant*. TTPD has TTPD digital, TTPD:TA digital, TTPD + bonus track 1 vinyl, TTPD + bonus track 2 vinyl, TTPD + bonus track 3 vinyl, TTPD + bonus track 4 vinyl, TTPD + BDILH acoustic CD, TTPD + memo 1 digital, TTPD + memo 2 digital, TTPD + memo 3 digital, TTPD + Paris song 1 digital, TTPD + Paris song 2 digital, TTPD + Paris song 3 digital. I'm sure I'm missing a few others, but that right there is 13 *versions* of the same album, all with different tracklists.

Versions =/= variants, the latter of which is usually a different color of vinyl or cover art which many many artists obviously do. Hope this lesson helped! 

You know more about TTPD than most people who love the album. We'll give you an honorary Swiftie cardholder for the next 48 hours. Welcome!

Edited by on the line
Autocorrect
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, on the line said:

You know more about TTPD than most people who love the album. We'll give you an honorary Swiftie cardholder for the next 48 hours. Welcome!

Of course I do! Swifties love to spread misinformation, lies, and pretend their fave doesn't do what she factually does. I just have to have the proper info to dispel the false narratives! Thanks :)

2 hours ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

Okay should we call it collectible packages instead? Versions? Variants? Doesnt really change my point.

4 hours ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

I feel like you're way too obsessed with disproving everything unfavorable to Billie, which is borderline hardcore stan mentality (and not exactly a bad thing) but also a bit excessive. I mean...

Back on topic: Both albums are great, and deserved #1, but I find TTPD more interesting so I'm happy with it getting the #1. Unfortunate for Billie but she did pull some triggers that made Taylor/her camp retaliate, if ever they did on purpose.

It was a fun week though. Both albums will have longevity anyway and looks like Lunch is set to be a massive hit.

• Thumbs Down 1