HDD: Taylor #1 375k, Billie #2 329k

Squall

15 minutes ago, artc0cx said:

The fornight discount :rip: its so obvious now, why does she wanna be enemies with billie so bad

The Fortnight discount will almost certainly not result in a meaningful increase to TTPD's album units this week and its only relation to Billie is that a couple of her songs debuting in the top ten are a part of why Fortnight needs some support. A discount on a single during an incredibly competitive chart period doesn't mean she wants to be enemies with Billie Eilish.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• family.guy123

• Green

• PoisonedIvy

Beginning to feel like HDD set Taylor up...

:suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

I think it's because Billie made it obvious she never really f*cked with Taylor even during the beginning of Billie's career. Taylor have always complimented her, and yet Billie have always paid her dust :dies:

And then just this year, Billie made that Rolling Stone comment about vinyl variants ruining the environment, which people suggested she's aiming at Taylor :skull:

I know, and I love Taylor but not everyone has to like her. This feels more like no one is allowed to ignore or comment something negative about her otherwise she or her team will come for you.

• Like 6

Kinda low key hoping Billie pulls through with all the last min antics to nab the #1. I love Taylor and she's my fav artiste, but damn just give Billie the #1 this week. The album is too big and smashing too hard to just peak at #2, it doesn't feel right as a general pop fan. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, artc0cx said:

I know, and I love Taylor but not everyone has to like her. This feels more like no one is allowed to ignore or comment something negative about her otherwise she or her team will come for you.

I agree with you. The ass-kissing with everything Taylor does is so cultish and weird... reminds me of Little Monsters (pre-ARTPOP) and BTS stans. I don't wanna suspect, but Taylor does tend to be petty at times (see: Bad Blood)

But Taylor has the edge of being the bigger artist, and even if people criticize Taylor, the Swifties are just way too loyal to drop her because of this (sad but true)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Even if Billie pulls through, she's ultimately exposed herself as the kind of numbers-obsessed charts fraud she claimed to represent the antithesis of. The too-cool-for-school nonchalance is done and she should keep her hypocritical criticisms to herself next time.

Taylor is a gunner but at least she owns it.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

2 minutes ago, artc0cx said:

or... they can just not do it? :michael:

freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences.mp3

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BrokenMachine said:

Universal right now in the middle of all of this

dd1th06-8974aabc-f693-46ba-8744-d18e2a22

This is the best post in this thread. Please. 

More like this 🤣

Let's see what other tricks Taylor has up her sleeves lol

What are the latest numbers / estimates? Can't find it in this thread.

4 minutes ago, St. Charles said:

What are the latest numbers / estimates? Can't find it in this thread.

In the title.

5 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

BLOCK HER ASSS BILLIE WE ARE ROOTING FOR YOU

Can't wait for your flop to be blocked by the queen tay but she wouldn't even make it in the top 5 billboard lmfao 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, mael said:

A birdie told me that HDD knew that the projected totals were really close and coordinated with Billie's team to highball Taylor's number while lowballing Billies, so that Taylor relaxes with an insurmountable 50k lead, while Billie pulls all the stops in the book to close a much smaller actual gap and come out on top. You heard nothing from me though 

:ryan3:

9 hours ago, LoveInStereo said:

TTPD standard is $11.99 (more than twice the price) & it's less than 20 mins longer. You deeply misunderstand Swifties if you think any of us would be happy to see her slashing album prices to $4.99 on release week. It's not about x amount of dollars/mins of music. The base, immutable reality is $4.99 for an album at any length, in addition to axing prices all in a hurry to inflate sales at the last minute, is a desperate move that's embarrassing to see any A lister do. She's at a level of celebrity where there's really no excuse. You can say TTPD is 31 tracks but it's not cheaper than a ******* large iced coffee :rip:

She was selling it for $5.99. 

The additional dollar is for that extra shot of espresso I guess  ️ 

• Like 1

They need to increase the minimum for albums to count to at least $8. I don't care if it's Travis Scott, Jimin, or Billie Eilish doing it, I don't think $4.99 or $5 albums should be counted.

• Like 1

I feel like the only way she could close a 50k gap is if she sold 5$ vinyls :rip:the digital discount and sped up versions won't do much, but maybe the gap is smaller than what HDD predicted

49 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

In the title.

But people are saying Billie is taking it now which contradicts the title. What are they basing this off of?

5 minutes ago, St. Charles said:

But people are saying Billie is taking it now which contradicts the title. What are they basing this off of?

tbh, no one really knows and people are just rooting for the one they love the most.

in my case, i hope Taylor snatches another week at #1 and blocks Billie just to prove a point. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, mael said:

How would Taylor be the set up when Billie has had to scramble with a new tactic literally every day of her debut week

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NEX said:

A birdie told me that HDD knew that the projected totals were really close and coordinated with Billie's team to highball Taylor's number while lowballing Billies, so that Taylor relaxes with an insurmountable 50k lead, while Billie pulls all the stops in the book to close a much smaller actual gap and come out on top. You heard nothing from me though 

You don't think Taylor doesn't know her own numbers?

Mothertay will be blocked inshallah :clap3:

• Like 2

STOP THE COUNT

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Folklore89sm said:

Even if Billie pulls through, she's ultimately exposed herself as the kind of numbers-obsessed charts fraud she claimed to represent the antithesis of. The too-cool-for-school nonchalance is done and she should keep her hypocritical criticisms to herself next time.

Taylor is a gunner but at least she owns it.

I don't entirely disagree with your post - Billie has played "the game" herself, a game she has been critical of many times (e.g., 'Bad Guy' remix with Justin Bieber), so she has been a hypocrite. I'll give her some grace since she's young and only three albums in. She has been pretty transparent about the fact that she has no say in how her music gets distributed. The decision to shell out half-baked versions of the album sounds like Interscope's doing (and it's in line with industry standards).

I will say, however, that Billie's comments about vinyl variants were grossly taken out of context. Her issue was that it's extremely wasteful to manufacture different vinyl variants on 'virgin' vinyl instead of using recycled materials (like her vinyl since HTE). She also criticized artists who deliberately manufacture their vinyl records with 'limited edition' content so that gullible fans are incentivized to buy all of them. Billie has never done that. Her vinyl has multiple colour variants, but the tracklist and content is the same across all versions.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

I don't entirely disagree with your post - Billie has played "the game" herself, a game she has been critical of many times (e.g., 'Bad Guy' remix with Justin Bieber), so she has been a hypocrite. I'll give her some grace since she's young and only three albums in. She has been pretty transparent about the fact that she has no say in how her music gets distributed. The decision to shell out half-baked versions of the album sounds like Interscope's doing (and it's in line with industry standards).

I will say, however, that Billie's comments about vinyl variants were grossly taken out of context. Her issue was that it's extremely wasteful to manufacture different vinyl variants on 'virgin' vinyl instead of using recycled materials (like her vinyl since HTE). She also criticized artists who deliberately manufacture their vinyl records with 'limited edition' content so that gullible fans are incentivized to buy all of them. Billie has never done that. Her vinyl has multiple colour variants, but the tracklist and content is the same across all versions.

That's worse though because you're still doing it while offering absolutely no other difference than the color of it. So she's better because she's doing less? She's still contaminating just the same, at least change it up and offer some added value. You can be critical if you're actively trying to make a difference but just saying **** and trying to seem above everything while still doing the very same thing you criticize it's dumb. You should've just sat there and ate your food

3 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

The Fortnight discount will almost certainly not result in a meaningful increase to TTPD's album units this week and its only relation to Billie is that a couple of her songs debuting in the top ten are a part of why Fortnight needs some support. A discount on a single during an incredibly competitive chart period doesn't mean she wants to be enemies with Billie Eilish.

It's the way everything Taylor does it's an exact, concise attack on everyone implicated but when people say **** that directly aimed at her then no no it was a comment about the industry :juanny: