HDD: Taylor #1 375k, Billie #2 329k

Squall

What point in your career do you stop being chart obsessed and pulling every trick in the book? It's probably not healthy & looks bad. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• family.guy123

• Green

• PoisonedIvy

1 minute ago, Keeandga said:

What point in your career do you stop being chart obsessed and pulling every trick in the book? It's probably not healthy & looks bad. 

Nobody cares about charts except

for people on ATRL. :spin:

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Keeandga said:

It's called striking the iron while it's hot. Doing their job being "not healthy & looks bad" :bibliahh:

• Haha 5

Just now, Popboi. said:

It's called striking the iron while it's hot. Doing their job being "not healthy & looks bad" :bibliahh:

Yes when you're still in the early days of your career but 20 years later and your still chart obsessed and constantly releasing stuff to get more sales/chart better is a bit sad & like I said not healthy, it's not healthy to be obsessed with anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

So from what I've read recently

Billie was just predicted to sell 300k+ but not 300k just + so there is no 50k gap

And her team is pulling last minute tricks because they are actually close

So she might get that number 1?

13 minutes ago, kstreaming said:

That's worse though because you're still doing it while offering absolutely no other difference than the color of it. So she's better because she's doing less? She's still contaminating just the same, at least change it up and offer some added value. You can be critical if you're actively trying to make a difference but just saying **** and trying to seem above everything while still doing the very same thing you criticize it's dumb. You should've just sat there and ate your food

"So she's better because she's doing less?" 

I think that would literally be the point, yes.

14 minutes ago, Keeandga said:

She's sad woman and getting cheated on or dumped by her dates all the time. So she focusing on what she's good at and thats making her fans buy multiple copies of her albums. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 11

I'm not usually interested in charts. I'm too old to be interested in chart battles. Still, I hope Billie gets the #1. She deserves it. I think her album is much better than Taylor's album, which I listened to once and never again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

10 minutes ago, Trent W said:

So from what I've read recently

Billie was just predicted to sell 300k+ but not 300k just + so there is no 50k gap

And her team is pulling last minute tricks because they are actually close

So she might get that number 1?

It takes just 45 minutes for Taylor to release another version and her fans will buy 50k copies last minute. 

Sadly billie got no chance but she can outsell her own debut's first week sales and claim her biggest opening yet.

19 minutes ago, Keeandga said:

What point in your career do you stop being chart obsessed and pulling every trick in the book?

Hopefully never, gurl. The other girls should be taking notes, tbh. Billie certainly is. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Keeandga said:

Yes when you're still in the early days of your career but 20 years later and your still chart obsessed and constantly releasing stuff to get more sales/chart better is a bit sad & like I said not healthy, it's not healthy to be obsessed with anything. 

Every pop star after 5 years should only put their albums on SoundCloud

• Haha 13

23 minutes ago, Keeandga said:

What point in a fandom's career do they stop being chart obsessed? 

Fans create the problems but never take the responsibility.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, St. Charles said:

But people are saying Billie is taking it now which contradicts the title. What are they basing this off of?

I would say it's probably just a guess - there's really no easy way to know how consumption patterns have shaken out the last few days or whether the couple extra versions Billie has released have been enough to close the gap.

3 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Girl, Billie is 6 years into her career. At this point, Taylor was already debuting with 1m sales with one single version of her album. Billie is the one that's pulling every trick possible to debut with 300k

Billie is actually 8 years into her career, Ocean Eyes debuted in 2016

Her next album will be 10 years into her career already

She started too young tho

Posted (edited)

Not the manager liking shady tweets :deadbanana2:

That zionist manager is really pressed at Taylor f*cking up this rollout I'm screaming :jonnycat:

Come on Taylor! Make the Zionists mad and get the #1

Edited by YellowRibbon
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

Ngl, it's so funny to see Swifties talk about how they enjoy "all" the seething and fuming they've been seeing for the past thirty pages...While they have been the ones camping in this thread and having the most number of responses in it (the top three posters in this topic are swifties) :rip: Seems this is living rent-free in your all heads a lot.

Edited by Blackout2006
  • Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

31 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Every pop star after 5 years should only put their albums on SoundCloud

Yes, because that's what my post implied smart ass. 

30 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Girl, Billie is 6 years into her career. At this point, Taylor was already debuting with 1m sales with one single version of her album. Billie is the one that's pulling every trick possible to debut with 300k

Yes and? Where did I say I care about Billie, my point was a general statement that would apply to anyone. 
If my faves were still pulling desperate chart ish, i would feel the same way, they don't need another number one, more money or validation. For what? 

Just now, Keeandga said:

Yes, because that's what my post implied smart ass. 

Yes and? Where did I say I care about Billie, my point was a general statement that would apply to anyone. 
If my faves were still pulling desperate chart ish, i would feel the same way, they don't need another number one, more money or validation. For what? 

Well your implication was dumb as hell. No artist with any kind of lasting legacy stopped caring about where they were in their career

3 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Well your implication was dumb as hell. No artist with any kind of lasting legacy stopped caring about where they were in their career

Again, where did I say that? 
I said being in the game 20 years and being the obsessed with being number one/stats  and constantly seeking validation for your work and not just enjoying that your fans like it. 
It's sad when Nicki does it but Taylor does it and she's a smart business woman (no they don't do it in the same way but they both do it & the point still stands). 

41 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Billie is actually 8 years into her career, Ocean Eyes debuted in 2016

Her next album will be 10 years into her career already

She started too young tho

Taylor started at 16, though. 

3 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Taylor started at 16, though. 

I thought she debuted at 16 with her first album but she was already working for Sony ATV at age 14/15 as a songwriter prior to her debut?

4 minutes ago, Keeandga said:

Again, where did I say that? 
I said being in the game 20 years and being the obsessed with being number one/stats  and constantly seeking validation for your work and not just enjoying that your fans like it. 
It's sad when Nicki does it but Taylor does it and she's a smart business woman (no they don't do it in the same way but they both do it & the point still stands). 

Taylor dropped 3 voice memos, same as she's done for several albums. If that's enough to cause meltdowns that's more your obsession with expecting her to humble herself for no other reason than artists needing charity from her to play catch up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badgalbriel said:

Hopefully never, gurl. The other girls should be taking notes, tbh. Billie certainly is. 

why would they its cringe and desperate

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Redstreak said:

Taylor dropped 3 voice memos, same as she's done for several albums. If that's enough to cause meltdowns that's more your obsession with expecting her to humble herself for no other reason than artists needing charity from her to play catch up

I don't even know what the voice memos are tbh I'm not referring to that it's all the extra stuff that you don't have to do and think would stop after 15+ years. I don't think a back & forth conversation classes as a meltdown or obsession you're doing too much with that. It's not about other artist it just comes a point where that shouldn't matter anymore as you grow older and your priorities change. 
You're part of the Taylor cult so can't see past that, again like I said my statement is about everyone and anyone not pointed at Taylor.  

Edited by Keeandga
  • Thumbs Down 4