HIT ME HARD AND SOFT debuts with 72.7M on Global Spotify | Spotify streams thread

KatyPrismSpirit

Great numbers!

spacer.png

• Haha 7

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zzmyth

• Gaia

• Donquizote

• KatyPrismSpirit

DESERVED. CHIHIRO having 10m for a 5m song is insane. This is easily top three albums of the year so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyismine said:

It's refreshing to see a talented artist achieved organic success on the charts without having to resort to cheap tacticts like we've seen others do in the past days, weeks, months. Truly refreshing. Congrats Billie you deserve it:clap3:

Confirmed she used expensive paint to organically splatter those 14 variants!

• Like 1

Why do people always compare Beyoncé to your fave. When are you going to realise Beyoncé is much older, been around longer and is a living legend. These girls are just starting out. Stop comparing. 

Now Billies album along with Ariana's is my second fav album realised this year. Cowboy being first obviously. I never listened to a Billie album before… just some of her singles, but this is amazing! Birds Of A Feather is just perfect! 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Squall said:

What's crazy is the songs are actually long. Most of them could have been divided in several 2 minutes songs since they are divided in different parts, she could have played the streaming game by doing this and she didn't.

Billie said "full body of work" only >>>>, no tiktok interludes :clap3:

Edited by aesthetic bih
  • Like 2

The way 90% of you can't congratulate Billie without making this about Taylor. Most of you had your hopes hinged on the success of other singers' campaigns this year & when their eras were successful but not to the heights you expected, you're suddenly huge Billie Eilish stans. It's so transparent

• Thanks 5

Great numbers worldwide but dissapointing for the States :giraffe: 
Glad she's havin a better era than happier than ever. If she gives me one high budget video this era i will stan :gaycat1:

Actually really great numbers.. interesting that it seemed to do much better then previous album? 

ohhh miss eilish don't gag them like that!!!

spacer.png

SMASH :duca:

So happy for Billie.  Imagine what HTE would have debuted with if she didn't do a bunch of pre-release singles. 

Posted (edited)

Billie did like 2.4 million average per track on US, this is strong, slightly better than Guts for example. She's also about to put all tracks on top 20 on Apple Music despite so many record breaking tracks there now and super strong competition.

It's underwhelming only compared to it's global stats, but Billie always had bigger appeal overseas, it's not really a problem. It'll actually be great for her tour, it's selling insanely well everywhere.

In my knowledge, she's about to get a 300M tour with this album with current dates.

Edited by Guilherme Make Love
  • Like 8

Okay, I think I had listened to this album many times, but I still can't get enough of it. 

I think these should be the singles released in the ff. order:

LUNCH - perfect lead single, catchy, it sets the tone of the album

CHIHIRO - i don't get the traction of this song, but its Spotify stats are very promising

BIRDS OF A FEATHER - sonically different from the typical Billie sound, has potential to smash in radio
THE DINER - reminds me of Therefore I Am (which is one of her career highlights)

Insane. With 10 songs only wow

I'm surprised because I thought Happier Than Ever had way more hype and promotion 

26 minutes ago, ForgottenSoul said:

Actually really great numbers.. interesting that it seemed to do much better then previous album? 

The previous album was BUTCHERED by all the random singles that all had different vibes 

• Like 3

Biggest artist to debut in the last 10 years:clap3:

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

They're completely different strategies girl. One is a surprise album, all the others are not.

The strategy is to announce your album months in advance, release the cover, variants, title but not say a single thing about the sound of the album, which is not what ST did.

Their release strategy is a direct response to huge artists like Adele, Harry, having record-breaking lead singles while having a weak album debut on streaming. Once people listen to a lead single, it satisfies their need to further listen to the artist. So they pay the album no attention after that. 

This has nothing to do with ST. 

Harry didn't have a weak album debut on streaming. He had 97.6M streams with 13 tracks, same average as Billie :rip:

I don't even remember Adele's debut being that underwhelming, didn't it have like 60M with 12 tracks in 2021? That's actually a really good number?

OT: These numbers are amazing and it's incredibly deserved. Billie is one of my favorite current artists, not just her music but also the way she goes about her career.

Edited by More Than A Melody

Incredible :clap3:

7.2 million per song average with literally HALF those songs being 5 minutes or longer. She DEVOURED :jonny:

How did this do compared to HTW?

Great numbers nonetheless :clap3:

the HBIC is so back :jonny:

yes Billegend yes numbers :clap3:

Billie did that :flame:

The album is dope!

The album quality is top of the charts nothing else matters! 

Amazing numbers! Good for her :clap3:

The way she made Country Cosplay look like a complete flop though :redface:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Great numbers worldwide but dissapointing for the States :giraffe: 
Glad she's havin a better era than happier than ever. If she gives me one high budget video this era i will stan :gaycat1:

Anh you're not even trolling :eli: . Have any idea how HTE did?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.