Cardi B says she's not voting in the next election: "I don't f— with both of y'all"

fijitears

Posted (edited)

A political junkie with an encyclopedic recollection of American presidents, she became a sought-after pundit, endorsing and interviewing Bernie Sanders and then Joe Biden as they pursued the presidency. 

Then, last November, she declared she'd never do it again — for any president or hopeful. By March, she had told L.A. radio host Big Boy she wouldn't even vote in the upcoming presidential election. She tells me she means it. "I don't **** with both of y'all niggas," she says of Biden and Trump. Before, she had seen Trump as a dire threat, but under Biden, she's felt "layers and layers of disappointment" from what she sees as domestic and foreign mismanagement. The cost of living is too high, wages are too low, and too little is being done about it, she says. "I feel like people got betrayed."

"It's just like, damn, y'all not caring about nobody," she says. "Then, it really gets me upset that there is solutions to it. There is a solution. I know there's a solution because you're spending billions of dollars on any ******* thing."

After President Biden insisted the U.S. could fund both Israel and Ukraine in their respective wars against Gaza and Russia in October, Cardi spoke out against it. She echoes the sentiment with me, but is concerned artists of color can get "blackballed" for talking about the war in Gaza. "[America] don't pay for endless wars for countries that have been going through **** for a very long time," she says. "There's countries [where] kids are getting killed every single day, but because the [U.S.] won't benefit from that country, they won't help. I don't like that America has this superhero cape on. We never did things to be superheroes. We did things for our own convenience."

As we talk politics, Cardi is mindful of her words. With her life under a microscope, she's struggled lately with how much to open up — on anything. The impulses that have made her both a public darling and tabloid target are similar: She's had an uncanny willingness to be staunchly opinionated and bewilderingly honest, to be imperfect on camera, to divulge the typically embarrassing. Now, even on her album, she's been hedging. "I really want to talk about the life changes that I've been dealing with the past six, seven years," she says of her new music. "But then it's just like, I feel like people don't deserve to know because people use my pain against me."

Edited by fijitears
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBeyoncé

• Communion

• Kassi

• ForgottenSoul

Good for her, I would do the same if I were a voter in the USA.

**** them both, they are as bad as each other

• Like 13
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 5

Big Brains Cardi making some sense and backing it up!

• Thumbs Down 2

shes correct here

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 5

The few Biden supporters madT 

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 5

I voted last year but why should I vote in this upcoming election when nothing is resonating with me.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

She's right but if you say both suck joe Stans will start fuming :bird:

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

One thing I'll give the GOP is that their lack of morals and ethics allows them to silence any dissidence in their party; I'm sure the MAGAs won't be sitting this one out :rip:

I don't blame her and trust me a lot of people feel the same way. 

• Like 2

she fully spilled here

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

shes right but do you want to risk trump back as pres? :rip:

• Like 9

QUEEN

4 minutes ago, Red Velvet said:

shes right but do you want to risk trump back as pres? :rip:

This. If Trump wins, I fully expect Thomas and Alito to retire from the supreme court and be replaced with younger religious hard-right judges who will make sure the rest of our lifetimes are as miserable as possible. People on here are talking about sitting out an election like it's not going to have repercussions that last the rest of our lives

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Reginald said:

This. If Trump wins, I fully expect Thomas and Alito to retire from the supreme court and be replaced with younger religious hard-right judges who will make sure the rest of our lifetimes are as miserable as possible. People on here are talking about sitting out an election like it's not going to have repercussions that last the rest of our lives

Oh no, two religious alt right nut jobs being replaced by two religious alt right nut jobs.  

At least conservatives know that they should retire.  

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

She didn't lie and I feel the same way. 

50 minutes ago, i spit on haters said:

she isn't in the minority with this sentiment. Millions are going to sit this election out.

well said :clap3:

then she obviously doesn't care about any of the issues. But she's a rich celebrity so she will be fine either way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 5

She's right. This country is run by puppets and is in shambles from greedy and bought out politicians 

• Like 1

Cardinovsky B has spoken :clap3:

1 hour ago, Reginald said:

One thing I'll give the GOP is that their lack of morals and ethics allows them to silence any dissidence in their party; I'm sure the MAGAs won't be sitting this one out :rip:

The DNC has been calling millions of people that make up their base antisemitic for requesting a ceasefire, and blue cities are still sending in dozens of cops to come in and break up peaceful protests. Hillary just called college students uneducated as well. So no, it's actually the DNC who is silencing dissent in their party. 

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Down 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.