Matacritic - Billie and Beyonce - 2 best albums of the year

Timber

I think Cowboy Carter is the more dynamic and exciting body of work, but at least Bey will lose AotY to a deserving album.

I also think it'll be more beneficial for her legacy to constantly top the "Artists most robbed of AotY" lists.

• Like 1

Out of the "mpgs" I agree. Overall, I would add Willow's 'Empathogen' to my top 3 along with CC and Hit Me Hard and Soft. St. Vincent's 'All Born Screaming' is pretty damn solid as well. 

CC is the best album of the year conceptually speaking imo, taking into consideration the concept behind it, its purpose and the effort put by Beyoncé into creating a BODY of work.

However, Hit Me Hard and Soft is, probably because it's more in my line of taste, THE best album released so far in 2024 imo. The production, the vocal delivery, the complex structure of each song. 10/10:clap3:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Charles Lloyd: 95

Knocked Loose: 92 

Julian Lage: 91

Charles Lloyd - 6 reviews

Knocked Loose - 6 reviews

Julian Lage - 4 reviews

they aren't included in Metacritic's building year-end list because they do not meet the criteria of having at least 7 reviews.

you pretending to care about these artists... :deadbanana2:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Metacritic really said nothing for vanilla recycling artists :clap3:

Edited by Blackout2006

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.