Should more artists listen to their fans the way Taylor does?

AbeHicks

People didn't like the "spelling is fun" line in ME! and she removed it. She also doesn't perform the song anymore.

People had an issue with the scale scene in the Anti-Hero music video and she removed it.

People were upset with how minimal Lana's involvement was in Snow On The Beach so she dragged her back into the studio and fixed it.

People have been begging for the 10 minute version of All Too Well and she gave them what they wanted.

Is it good that she listens to her audience so much, or does she compromise her artistic integrity when she does things like this?

Posted (edited)

If she listened to y'all, she wouldn't have dated a racist rat and staunchly defend herself while calling y'all vipers in a song. So clearly she doesn't.

"Try to come for my job," she says. Would be funny if someone on Twitter who's bored makes that happen and compiles a bunch of her skeletons she so swiftly swept under the rug. Bet you she wouldn't like that now, would she? Careful what you wish for, TAE-TAE.

Edited by CécredSpaces
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 4

Dua listens :alexz3:

No, most fans are dumb and have horrible taste 

• Like 9
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Yup. Because my fav released one of her best projects, and she has disappeared.

Good lord yall talk about Taylor more than we do :rip: 

1 minute ago, PoisonedIvy said:

GClQR3OagAAI07X?format=png&name=mediumGClQX1FbEAAYfB7?format=png&name=360x360

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

Yes and no.

In cases like "we want a ten minute version!", giving the fans what they want on the re-released version is cute and smart.

In cases like fans making fun of a line you willingly put in a song that you made your lead single, taking the line out of the song (did she really do that?) gives a lack of conviction.

Overall, I think fans have bad taste. What they want is informed more on the past, and they usually have very obvious, less artistic ideas about what their faves should do. A great example that outlines this is when fans don't like an album cover and make "fan-made" versions. Even if the original was bad, the fan-made ones are mostly always terrible, cheesy, tacky, elementary ideas. Like when fans thought RENAISSANCE's stunningly simple cover was too minimal and so added a dance floor and/or renaissance-era paintings behind her and all such obvious ideas. I do not think they should be trusted to make artistic decisions, because often they don't even know they needed something until they receive it.

An artist doing what they want >>>

Edited by swissman
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)

Removing the "spelling is fun" line was a cowardly move on her part. Music isn't a democracy. If you like the line, keep it. (Plus, the song is still garbage without it. :rip:)

OT:. No. If artists only listened to their fans, Britney would've done teen-pop for the rest of her life, Taylor would've stayed country, Kanye never would've made Yeezus, etc. Fans have no taste for the most part.

Plus, her constant pleasing of her fanbase is why she reminds me of the MCU (derogatory). I don't mind "the machine" (I'm a pop stan afterall), but I don't like to see it turning. It's the same issue I have with Drake.

Edited by Virgos Groove

5 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Is there something wrong with discussing the biggest and most exciting artist of our time on a pop culture forum?

aGrNzY8.gif

They deffo should to some of the things

but ofc they should think about what to listen about

However most of ATRLs favs dont listen because it doesnt affect their pocket much (however it can affect their relationship with their fans)

20 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

Is there something wrong with discussing the biggest and most exciting artist of our time on a pop culture forum?

aGrNzY8.gif

It's not you it's just everyone that doesn't like her :gaycat6: 

i guess... hopefully she listens when we ask for a new producer :giraffe:

• Like 4

Yes we need more fan scathing lyrical anthems like "But Daddy I Love Him" :jonnycat:

58 minutes ago, CécredSpaces said:

GClQR3OagAAI07X?format=png&name=mediumGClQX1FbEAAYfB7?format=png&name=360x360

Now what does this have to do with Taeyeon?  :huh:

Posted (edited)

I listen to everything everybody says, and it helped i think.

Edited by selena_lavigne

2 hours ago, CécredSpaces said:

If she listened to y'all, she wouldn't have dated a racist rat and staunchly defend herself while calling y'all vipers in a song. So clearly she doesn't.

"Try to come for my job," she says. Would be funny if someone on Twitter who's bored makes that happen and compiles a bunch of her skeletons she so swiftly swept under the rug. Bet you she wouldn't like that now, would she? Careful what you wish for, TAE-TAE.

You are so obsessed with Ratty it's weird.

if she really listened to fans she would've deleted ME! entirely 

So Taylor releases boring, bland and basic music because thats what her fans want?

No, never.

Honestly, most of what Madonna did throughout her career would probably be hot garbage if she just listened to fans, so I'm glad she doesn't.

4 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

You are so obsessed with Ratty it's weird.

I'm not. Your fave is!

27 minutes ago, CécredSpaces said:

I'm not. Your fave is!

You must be still hiding under her bed to know this. :zzz:

No. Fans as a whole want the same **** over and over again with little variation and eat up any damn garbage their faves put out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.