HDD: industry weighs in on Billie/Taylor

Redstreak

On 5/17/2024 at 6:31 PM, Talentonly said:

Taylor is going to end up like Bono/U2

The way I have YET to see this comparison, and yet it's the most accurate one ever! :deadbanana2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• Squall

• Cruel Summer

• Dash_inthedark

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, CovalentBondage said:

Billie out performed every song Taylor has ever released with this album. 

Tell us more ATRL's top music critic CovalentBondage

a01e78398673135b7e2a366cc01f9c70.thumb.g

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WildHeart said:

Tell us more ATRL's top music critic CovalentBondage

a01e78398673135b7e2a366cc01f9c70.thumb.g

Struck a nerve :fan:

• Haha 2

Both stanbases need to chill.

Billie's album debuting #2 won't make it a bad album. And TTPD remaining #1 won't make it a good album all of a sudden. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 8:44 PM, PoisonedIvy said:

Yall have been saying this since 2014. Variants are not new to the industry nor are they new to Taylor. The general public nor the fanbase are going to suddenly wake up one day hating Taylor for doing the same thing every other artist is doing. The only issue yall have is her demand.

Taylor's legacy will be fine, no one references the Beatles, Madonna's, or Mariah's chart antics. They just recognize the lasting legacy & the accompanying numbers. 

well GP is beginning to get tired of Taylor being everywhere all the time and her fans are starting to get fed up too. 
So yeah she's playing a dangerous game imo. The legacy is secured probably but people can loose interest or turn against an artist just like that.  

Edited by Dash_inthedark

4 hours ago, Patient Zero said:

Both stanbases need to chill.

Billie's album debuting #2 won't make it a bad album. And TTPD remaining #1 won't make it a good album all of a sudden. 

Absolutely. 
The critics and public reception has been through the roof so even if she doesn't nail the #1 the album will keep on being incredible and will have longevity for sure.

But still I'm rooting for my girl, she did so good she gave us a masterpiece so I still hope she gets it. 
But if it doesn't happen in the chart it will be #1 in my heart forever :heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.