• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• Squall

• Cruel Summer

• Dash_inthedark

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but the more Taylor releases these variants, digital versions, whatever, the more I think she's ruining her image and legacy. Yeah, people will remember her records, she will keep breaking them in fact, but people are starting to realize how money-hungry she is. This is not a good look for her no matter how her fanbase tries to spin it. She doesn't need to do any of this and it's only hurting her at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

I'm sorry but the more Taylor releases these variants, digital versions, whatever, the more I think she's ruining her image and legacy. Yeah, people will remember her records, she will keep breaking them in fact, but people are starting to realize how money-hungry she is. This is not a good look for her no matter how her fanbase tries to spin it. She doesn't need to do any of this and it's only hurting her at this point. 

Yall have been saying this since 2014. Variants are not new to the industry nor are they new to Taylor. The general public nor the fanbase are going to suddenly wake up one day hating Taylor for doing the same thing every other artist is doing. The only issue yall have is her demand.

Taylor's legacy will be fine, no one references the Beatles, Madonna's, or Mariah's chart antics. They just recognize the lasting legacy & the accompanying numbers. 

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Like 13

54 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

Right, it's exhausting :rip:

The industry that gives her AOTY over, and over, and over?  Yeah... sure

they set her up for backlashes in hope that her career would be over for the very last time. i guess the odds weren't in their favor when you messed with taylucifer /j :suburban:

12 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Yall have been saying this since 2014. Variants are not new to the industry nor are they new to Taylor. The general public nor the fanbase are going to suddenly wake up one day hating Taylor for doing the same thing every other artist is doing. The only issue yall have is her demand.

Taylor's legacy will be fine, no one references the Beatles, Madonna's, or Mariah's chart antics. They just recognize the lasting legacy & the accompanying numbers. 

Exactly. The average person will literally never even hear about any of this - they won't even read or register a headline about it. It's fine to have an opinion on it as we're all clearly engaged music fans here, but it's a mistake to think this will impact Taylor's reputation in any material way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Exactly. The average person will literally never even hear about any of this - they won't even read or register a headline about it. It's fine to have an opinion on it as we're all clearly engaged music fans here, but it's a mistake to think this will impact Taylor's reputation in any material way.

Also not to mention that the amount of editions Billie has are HUGE and she cares and doing tons of promo, but when she does it it's "art" when Taylor does it - she's a *****. I really hope Taylor can take if but if she won't ship the last 2 weeks copies that she sold, she has no chance. 

1 hour ago, LoveInStereo said:

Reminds me why I used to hate her. 

This made me scream, what :rip: :khalyan:

9 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

It's ok, they still think Taylor's popularity is new to us. They still think we're waiting for the other shoe to drop. As if Taylor and the fans and the media and society as a whole haven't done this dance for ages at this point. Taylor didn't suddenly get huge in 2023, she's been this way since 2008. :rip: 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Ppl outside of atrl and Twitter will never know or care about this. 

• Thanks 5

I hope Taylor gets it to see the drama unfolding :giraffe:

The faux feminist really loves burning bridges it seems 

• Like 1

The industry as a whole

????? lmfao 

37 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

I find this weird? Maybe artists have variants etc.. they don't sell anywhere near as well. 

I'm definitely not rooting for Taylor in this chart battle—I really couldn't care less which of these two equally opportunistic women claim the top spot—but isn't them pushing the whole, "Billie didn't release a single prior to the album release due to artistry," angle kinda weird when Taylor did the same thing with TTPD? :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ForgottenSoul said:

I find this weird? Maybe artists have variants etc.. they don't sell anywhere near as well. 

It doesn't matter what other artists sell. The point is that she's leagues above everyone else in the industry yet she keeps doing these things that only make her look money-obsessed. 

1 minute ago, thatsmydemi said:

It doesn't matter what other artists sell. The point is that she's leagues above everyone else in the industry yet she keeps doing these things that only make her look money-obsessed. 

In your opinion. Thanks.

8 albums variants merches promo everywhere spare me

people can say what they want about Taylor at least she shows you she wants the numbers not go around magazines crying "yyy is everyooneeee so greeedyyyy 😔😔😔 I'm not like that" and be exactly that too like girl shut up 

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

34 year old beefing with twenty-something-year-olds because she's still insecure about being replaced (which she would never be). Aww poor that. 

Edited by Obsession
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 7

Just like when Matt Belloni said her Grammy announcement went down like a lead balloon in the room. Swifities position her as simultaneously an eternal oppressed victim and a god within the industry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

Just like when Matt Belloni said her Grammy announcement went down like a lead balloon in the room. Swifities position her as simultaneously an eternal oppressed victim and a god within the industry.

Was it caught on camera? 

12 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

She was talking to the fans, not to the seat fillers

• Like 7

The industry is free to buy her 15 variants, but did they?

• Haha 2

All this discourse is so zZz let's see how close it'll be Monday :giraffe:

Taylor is going to end up like Bono/U2

The meltdowns :skull:

Let them know HDD :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.