HDD: industry weighs in on Billie/Taylor

Redstreak

Posted (edited)

Eilish has plenty of parti-hued LP offerings in her own online shop, though, in the words of one member of her camp, she doesn't "give two shits" about her first-frame chart standing. Eilish refused to drop a single ahead of the album release, emphasizing her focus on getting fans to listen to the whole work. The industry as a whole would very much like to see her bow in the top spot as a recognition of her artistry

Is this week about to be messy as hell? :giraffe:

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=341283&title=NEAR-TRUTHS%3A-VARIANTS

Edited by Redstreak
  • Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• Squall

• sammyk

• The Music Industry

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Billie gets it, she delivered

• Like 10

"The industry as a whole would very much like to see her bow in the top spot as a recognition of her artistry"

:clap3:

• Like 5

Taylor makes things so exciting doesn't she? 

She that *****!!!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

The eternal victim. 

Jesus Take The Wheel Omg GIF by Kilo Sale Zeeland

Exactly! She's not perfect in the slightest but people up there are jealous af 

1 hour ago, YellowRibbon said:

The industry hates Taylor, it's been known ever since the whole masters debacle :jonnycat:

The industry loves her. It's her peers who don't like her because they don't respect her art.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, YellowRibbon said:

The industry hates Taylor, it's been known ever since the whole masters debacle :jonnycat:

It's not surprise that the only people in entertainment that aren't jealous of the DEMAND that she has are actors and actresses. Which are coincidentally the only ones to have attended The Eras Tour along with those musicians close to her :giraffe:

Well that's not true, you fall easily in beyhive propaganda. Many artists attend from older ones like Billy Joel, Shania Twain, Alannis Morriset, Alicia Keys, Paul Stanley (Kiss), Kevin Parker (Tame Impala), Keith Urban, Paula Abdul to more current ones like Shawn Mendes, Noah Kahan, Halsey, Lil Nas X, Camila Cabello, Jon Batiste, Machine Gun Kelly, St Vincent, members from Imagine Dragons…probably the ones who hate her are the ones who has tried to compete with her and fail like "mpg" or some big artists like Drake and some other jealous ******* 

Edited by JorgeM
Mistake

The point of not dropping a lead single in the streaming era is to maximize first week streams of the album. She and her team care. 

• Like 2

lol so much drama over a #1

Emoji Laughing GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, Redstreak said:

in the words of one member of her camp, she doesn't "give two shits" about her first-frame chart standing.

billie-eilish-hit-me-hard-and-soft-yellow-eco-mix-vinyl-v0-kkz15n05v9tc1.jpeg?width=1252&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=2ed5075b53943b7b252675f4009cd7837647a959

It is obvious that she cares about it (and she has every right to).

moo.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

All I can say is that I'm intrigued to see the first predictions for the week, presumably tomorrow. I can't remember a chart battle I've actually been interested in for ages.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richie.Valdez said:

The eternal victim. 

Jesus Take The Wheel Omg GIF by Kilo Sale Zeeland

Right, it's exhausting :rip:

The industry that gives her AOTY over, and over, and over?  Yeah... sure

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

8 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

It's true that many artists like her, but there's not a record label or industry executive (aside from her own, and even then only because she makes them a lot of money) who like her, because she's too big and too much of a disruptor. The re-recordings were a big knock against standard practices a lot of people were perpetuating, making a lot of people look pretty bad. The fact that she sells more than basically every other pop star combined also doesn't help matters much. Taylor is generally on good terms with the talent side of the business, but she's burned a lot of bridges with those in management over the years. Hence why HDD can comfortably say "the industry wants Billie to win" because Billie isn't a gargantuan force they can't control like Taylor is. 

In that part I agree, even Republic and UMG who take advantage of her success fear her power 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

The point of not dropping a lead single in the streaming era is to maximize first week streams of the album. She and her team care. 

Yeah Taylor herself done the same for several albums so by their logic she doesn't care about charts

• Haha 2

The obvious PR article :dies: 

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.