Taylor releases 3 new versions of TTPD

wehavetostan

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Capris Groove said:

I don't know? But again, with Taylor it's everyone else, not just 1 person.

There's a saying that goes, if you meet an ahole in the morning, you've met an ahole. If you meet aholes all day, you're the ahole. lol

Is that why you have been an ahole all day? Being so fixated on Taylor's relationships is such weirdo behavior. You think you are being a smartass, when in truth you just sound like an incel.

Edited by Rep2000
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• wastedpotential

• The Music Industry

• réveuse

I love her and this album but LOL this is too much

41 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

Correction: She's not bigger yet.

Give it a few years

:clack:

Michael Jackson invented the male pop star. Taylor isn't seeing it.

• Like 1

Not that deranged Swiftie cultist contributing to probably 25 pages of this thread. :rip:

Throwing out essay responses like their fave does album variants/editions. :deadbanana2:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

34 minutes ago, Capris Groove said:

Michael Jackson invented the male pop star. Taylor isn't seeing it.

I know ATRL archaeologists have a reputation for having outsized ideas of the stature of the artists they stan and for being stuck in the past, but being the first to do something doesn't give him bonus points, nor does it make his level of success inaccessible. At the rate things are moving, Taylor will get there. In some aspects, she already has. 

Spoiler

And honestly, are you just pretending that people like Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Chuck Berry, and Bing Crosby (among several others) didn't exist? They weren't making "pop" music in the way that we consider the genre today (because many of the instruments of pop music today literally hadn't been invented), but they filled basically the exact same societal role that people like MJ or Taylor have filled in their own time. Sure, there were evolutions to the craft that MJ made, particularly in performance art, but it's highly arguable whether or not that revolutionized the concept of "male pop star" to such a degree that you can credibly argue he invented the concept. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

36 minutes ago, dawnettakins said:

Not that deranged Swiftie cultist contributing to probably 25 pages of this thread. :rip:

Throwing out essay responses like their fave does album variants/editions. :deadbanana2:

I will never tire of saying this to Adele stans when they try to get kiis on any Taylor thread: 

30 BOMBED and red tv OBLITERATED it. just get over it :suburban:

• Haha 10
  • Thumbs Down 2

Lemme buy 2

6 hours ago, Capris Groove said:

No, Taylor Swift is not bigger than Michael Jackson. That's a veritable fact.

For now. But she's 100% surpassing him.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

I know ATRL archaeologists have a reputation for having outsized ideas of the stature of the artists they stan and for being stuck in the past, but being the first to do something doesn't give him bonus points, nor does it make his level of success inaccessible. At the rate things are moving, Taylor will get there. In some aspects, she already has. 

Reveal hidden contents

And honestly, are you just pretending that people like Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Chuck Berry, and Bing Crosby (among several others) didn't exist? They weren't making "pop" music in the way that we consider the genre today (because many of the instruments of pop music today literally hadn't been invented), but they filled basically the exact same societal role that people like MJ or Taylor have filled in their own time. Sure, there were evolutions to the craft that MJ made, particularly in performance art, but it's highly arguable whether or not that revolutionized the concept of "male pop star" to such a degree that you can credibly argue he invented the concept. 

You don't think someone being a trailblazer and an innovator gives them bonus points? I mean I wouldn't expect better from fans of someone who is creatively bankrupt and only exists to shill voice notes for 5.99 but at least don't be so brazen about it.

The truth is, no matter how many time limited remixes and exclusive variants Taylor pushes, she will never reach the stature and legacy of someone like Madonna or Michael. Stick to bragging about streams and leave actual legends alone.

Edited by Jay07
  • Thanks 9
  • Thumbs Down 4

If she put as much effort into the output like she does into creating 36827262 variants, phew, we'd be listening to quality

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

I will never tire of saying this to Adele stans when they try to get kiis on any Taylor thread: 

30 BOMBED and red tv OBLITERATED it. just get over it :suburban:

An Adele stan? She has those?

Swifites talking to themselves again like the crackheads they are. 

:suburban:

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, dawnettakins said:

What a horrible thing to say about someone you do not know. You could stand to be a little kinder and have some empathy for your fellow human. If you ever had a conversation with me I could very well prove to you I am neither deranged nor in a cult. We're all guilty of judging people without knowing them at some point in life so I will be the first to extend my forgiveness and understanding, but I truly hope you don't carry on with this type of vitriol towards others on the internet. 

Pop music discussions should never stoop this low. This is a forum for entertainment, not harassment.

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Capris Groove said:

No, Taylor Swift is not bigger than Michael Jackson. That's a veritable fact.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/greatest-of-all-time-artists/

This Greatest of all Time chart by Billboard is from 2019 & she was only one position behind him so now, 5 years later she for sure surpassed him… :mandown:

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

Hide contents

I'm not pretending they didn't exist at all. Everyone you listed innovated in their own way.

Michael Jackson was the first (and still biggest) proper multimedia star in the way that pop music still is today. Larger than life music, music videos, and performances. Had a unique style of singing and dancing which new artists still emulate. Was a massively famous person across the world and across the board with all genders, races, etc. Thriller was selling a million copies a week in 1983, he was invited to meet foreign leaders because again his popularity was so broad. Caused hysteria at every concert he played. He got India to lift their ban on Western performances in the 80s because he had that much sway.

For the record I'm not a huge MJ fan but let's be for real here.

Edited by Capris Groove
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2024 at 8:07 AM, Funnyfatty said:

Like i'm so tired of her clown behaviour. Anytime A FEMALE is releasing material she throws her name in there. Can we talk this week about Billie? NO WE CAN'T EVEN TALK THIS WEEK ABOUT BILLIE

Might I direct you to this thread?

31 pages and its mostly filled with swifties themselves. Acting like the haters keep this thread above while its all their doing :deadbanana: 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

tumblr_loniwv5FFx1qdmb8eo4_250.gif

• Haha 1

Taylor can get all the awards and numbers she can get, she'll never be on the same level of MJ. What MJ did a globally cultural reset. His songs, his videos, his performance skills were something else. Comparing them is a huge insult to MJ and his legacy. Taylor is a different kind of artist and she is very good at what she does. 

At the end of the day those comparisons are useless, MJ, Madonna and their contemporaries come from a different age. They've sold pure physical copies, people waited outside of record shops to buy their albums, they queued outside box offices for days to get a ticket for their concerts. There weren't "album bombs", "inflated free streams that counted as album sales" or different variants/versions of their albums, they've sold purely on the strength of their music. I think fans of older artist might feel threatened that all those new achievements could be erasure of their favorites' success but nothing can erase Mj or Madonna or their contemporaries' legacies. I am sure Taylor and most Swifties agree with this and Taylor respects very much older acts because she is a musician and she has faced many struggles. Personally i applaud her for achieving so much in a male dominated industry.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Taylor >pedo. 
Such an insult to Taylor to be compared to a horrible human.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

On 5/17/2024 at 1:37 AM, family.guy123 said:

And people will actually buy these copies. What we call that phenomena ?

Stupidity. 

11 hours ago, Jay07 said:

You don't think someone being a trailblazer and an innovator gives them bonus points? I mean I wouldn't expect better from fans of someone who is creatively bankrupt and only exists to shill voice notes for 5.99 but at least don't be so brazen about it.

The truth is, no matter how many time limited remixes and exclusive variants Taylor pushes, she will never reach the stature and legacy of someone like Madonna or Michael. Stick to bragging about streams and leave actual legends alone.

Oh, to be this brave & delusional in public. #blessyou

7 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

https://www.billboard.com/charts/greatest-of-all-time-artists/

This Greatest of all Time chart by Billboard is from 2019 & she was only one position behind him so now, 5 years later she for sure surpassed him… :mandown:

You're trolling right? You know these charts and lists mean absolutely nothing to a legend like MJ, right?

Or are you saying katy is also on the same league as MJ because she got 5 #1s from one album?

5 minutes ago, iamanearthling said:

Taylor >pedo. 
Such an insult to Taylor to be compared to a horrible human.

What does MJ the person have to do with taylor the artist? Apples and oranges. And as we know, t Alison swift the person isn't exactly an angel either 

Just now, dirrtydiana said:

You're trolling right? You know these charts and lists mean absolutely nothing to a legend like MJ, right?

Or are you saying katy is also on the same league as MJ because she got 5 #1s from one album?

What does MJ the person have to do with taylor the artist? Apples and oranges. And as we know, t Alison swift the person isn't exactly an angel either 

i'm saying the dude touched little kids. He can **** off and so can any of his fans praising his perverted legacy. Nasty.