Battle of the sixth album... Gaga vs Katy.

leyaris11

Bigger album?   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger album?

• Chromatica
    • Smile.
  2. 2. Better album?

• Chromatica
    • Smile

Which album is BIGGER and BETTER? 

220px-Lady_Gaga_-_Chromatica_(Official_A vs 220px-Katy_Perry_-_Smile.png

The one who had a sold out stadium tour.

GNtlal-agAEvXoS?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Where was I when smile came out :deadbanana4:

I know rise and daises but that's it 

• Haha 1

It's sad when an album exists that somehow had less promo than Chromatica  :deadbanana4:

I only remember Daisies (which I liked), but I couldn't name another song off the album.

the one with two solo smash hits Never Really Over and Harleys In Hawaii! :clack:

• Like 3

why does this feel like a setup from a gaga stan bc people always hate on chromatica here (unfairly)

Suspicious On To You GIF by Originals

5 minutes ago, Archetype said:

It's sad when an album exists that somehow had less promo than Chromatica  :deadbanana4:

I only remember Daisies (which I liked), but I couldn't name another song off the album.

It didn't have less promo :dies:

Smile had almost as much promotion as FN in 2020. So much so, the Katykats would use it as a drag in Stan wars. Now the narrative has switched. For that era Katy had 4 songs on TTH, multiple MVs, big performances, Brazilian remix releases, and not to mention a delay so she could give birth alongside the release. It's just that no one cared.

Ot:

Chromatica to both. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Smile had almost as much promotion as FN in 2020. So much so, the Katykats would use it as a drag in Stan wars. Now the narrative has switched. For that era Katy had 4 songs on TTH, multiple MVs, big performances, Brazilian remix releases, and not to mention a delay so she could give birth alongside the release. It's just that no one cared.

Ot:

Chromatica to both. 

Oh wow… okay a true and sincere flop :jonny3:

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Ot:

Chromatica to both. 

Spill. Smile was one of the most promoted eras of the pandemic. Meanwhile, Gaga stayed in her pajamas at home playing the piano and raising money for covid, ignoring the fact she had just released a new album. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Ot:

Chromatica to both. 

but katy doesn't have a big collabs like gaga did with c7 tho. 

That a lil bit unfair to k6. :chick3: 

@SweetOreosOfHeaven Spill. Smile was one of the most promoted eras of the pandemic. Meanwhile, Gaga stayed in her pajamas at home playing the piano and raising money for covid, ignoring the fact she had just released a new album. 

That is so not true, gaga did line up for coachella and iheart awards but it got cancel due to covid. However she did preforms at vma and did a ton of online promos, hosting/sponsor by Apple radio and partnership with oreo cookie for Blackpink chromatica.

Edited by leyaris11

Posted (edited)

Saying Smile was promoted as much as FN is insane. Also, it's her fifth album, not her sixth. KP6 has yet to come out. :coffee2:

Edited by Nuggets
  • Like 4

The one with Champagne Problems and Tucked on it, those are gems in Katy's discography

spacer.png

Traumatica is still the bigger album though :gaygacat1:

• Haha 1

the Never Really Over songstress

26 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Ot:

Chromatica to both. 

:ahh: you keep trying with this narrative when she did close to 0 promo to her most important 3 droplets before the album in 2019

• Like 2

spacer.png

• Like 2

Bigger: Chromatica by a little

Better: Both are terrible with 1 good song each

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Chromatica is obviously a little bigger and Rain On Me was the most popular song between all of their singles. It's also a more cohesive album. Though in my humble opinion Smile has higher highs (notably NRO, HIH, Tucked, Champagne...).

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Chromatica was bigger and much better, though I've come around a few Smile tracks now (Tucked, Teary Eyes, Resilient, Only Love, Harleys etc.).

The one with no desperate features :bird:

10 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Chromatica is obviously a little bigger and Rain On Me was the most popular song between all of their singles. It's also a more cohesive album. Though in my humble opinion Smile has higher highs (notably NRO, HIH, Tucked, Champagne...).

11 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Bigger: Chromatica by a little

Better: Both are terrible with 1 good song each

"Alittle bigger"

Isnt Chromatica at +4 million copies worldwide while Smile is at +1 million copies worldwide? 

28 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

:ahh: you keep trying with this narrative when she did close to 0 promo to her most important 3 droplets before the album in 2019

She was constantly performing, tried to launch several singles with music videos and remixes. She actually included those songs she had released a year prior with no relation to the album to inflate her spotify streams. 

1 minute ago, peacok said:

The one with no desperate features :bird:

It's not Gaga's fault that A-list artists dream of collaborating with her either because they find it beneficial commercially or because they have incredible respect for her as an artist, sometimes both. In my opinion it's much more desperate to try and launch two singles on your marriage and pregnancy only for them both to bomb along with the parent album. 

3 minutes ago, Tovitov said:

"Alittle bigger"

Isnt Chromatica at +4 million copies worldwide while Smile is at +1 million copies worldwide? 

13 people are unable to count. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

She was constantly performing, tried to launch several singles with music videos and remixes. She actually included those songs she had released a year prior with no relation to the album to inflate her spotify streams. 

It's not Gaga's fault that A-list artists dream of collaborating with her either because they find it beneficial commercially or because they have incredible respect for her as an artist, sometimes both. In my opinion it's much more desperate to try and launch two singles on your marriage and pregnancy only for them both to bomb along with the parent album. 

Stupid Love and all other singles flopped, Ariana saved this album  :michael:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Is this a joke ? 
Chromatica ofc lmao

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.