One month later... Where does TTPD rank in Taylor Swift's discography for you?

Diesel is Desire

THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Where does THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT (all 31 songs) rank in Taylor Swift's album discography?

2. 2. What is Taylor Swift's best album?

3. 3. What is Taylor Swift's worst album?

51YMbLlZHdL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Where does THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT (all 31 songs) rank in Taylor Swift's discography?

Taylor Swift

Fearless

Speak Now

Red

Lover

folklore

evermore

Midnights

THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diesel is Desire

• NEX

• PoisonedIvy

• iiswhoiis_max

Her worst album aside from debut

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Just now, Space Cowboy said:

Her worst album aside from debut

Lover is right there, and is worse than debut

:ryan3:

• Confused 1

Tied at last place with the rest of her albums 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 20
  • Thumbs Down 8

1 minute ago, tost1 said:

Tied at last place with the rest of her albums 

Don't make me start downvoting your posts. I usually laugh react at them

:clack:

• ATRL Moderator

It’s 5th or 6th place for me. 

Evermore, red, folklore, and 1989 are clearly ahead of it. Whether it beats Speak Now or not is up for debate and I haven’t settled on its placement there. But I’d take it before Midnights, Rep, Lover, Debut, and Fearless.

• Thanks 5

I never listened to her debut but it can't possibly be harder to get through as that collection of 31 lifeless mediocre songs so it's last for me. 

:zzz:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

concubine

I didn't even listen but it's a chop for me hunny.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

it's been A MONTH?? :deadbanana2:

reputation > folklore >> Red (OG) > 1989 (OG) > Speak Now > evermore > Lover > MIDnIGHTs > TTPD > Fearless > Debut

Posted (edited)

Haven't listened to it once but I assume it's A

flop.gif

Edited by Lana Banana
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel is Desire said:

Lover is right there, and is worse than debut

Lover is not that bad if you remove like 4/5 songs. While TTPD is a boring amelodic exhaustingly-long mess with barely no redeeming qualities in which most of the songs sound the same :cm:

Debut is basic and a bore. Pretty much her mixtape era.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I never listened to her debut but it can't possibly be harder to get through as that collection of 31 lifeless mediocre songs so it's last for me. 

:zzz:

3 minutes ago, concubine said:

I didn't even listen but it's a chop for me hunny.

1 minute ago, Lana Banana said:

Haven't listened to it once but I assume it's A FLOP.

So you rank things without listening... invalid opinions then

Please actually contribute to the conversation instead of taking up space.

• Thanks 1

Folklore

Evermore

Red

Speak Now

The Anthology

Fearless

Lover

Midnights

TTPD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Diesel is Desire said:

So you rank things without listening... invalid opinions then

Please actually contribute to the conversation instead of taking up space.

Okay, in that case I will rank only those I heard:

Folklore

Evermore

Red

Speak Now

Lover

Fearless

Midnights

----Mariana Trench----

PTSD

Speaking of Side A - it's a very polarising record for me. On one hand it's one of her most unique records lyrically - there's so much death, killings, suicide, cemetarties, burials, cheating, witchery imagery. It's also filled with so much anger and disdain. On the other hand, it's very poorly produced. Some of the productions sound like they were made in Garageband, others sound like they were recorded in the neighbours bathrooms, but most importantly the productions fail to meet the themes and the anger and the despair in the lyrics. This album deserved a completely different vibe. Then we have quite a few unnecessarily sloppy lyrics all over the place, which drag it down a bit. 

Speaking of Side B - the production here is on point and matches the delivery and the emotion well. Unfortunately half of it feels pretty redundant and unnecessary, making it a rather unimportant listen. Not even the die hard fans can listen to this all the way to Cassandra and Peter. Also, going after the Kardashians again after begging to be "excluded from the narrative" was a very odd choice. This would have been excellent if she trimmed down the fat to a cute 7/8 songs instead of 15, but I imagine she stuffed everything she could find into it to reach 31 tracks, because guess what, 31 is 13 in reverse!!

As a result, at least for now, it's in the lower category of albums for me

Excellent: Folklore

Great: Red, Evermore, Speak Now, 1989 

Good: Fearless

Mid: TTPD, Reputation, Midnights, Lover

Unimportant: The Anthology, Debut 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why did you ask this to a general forum that does not like her right now :rip: this would've been better off in base or the album thread if you wanted a more accurate census.

For me, evermore is still her best. It's more concise and it's got a nostalgic + sentimental comfort for me. TTPD sits proudly in 2nd place though. With her worst album being Debut or Lover, and I'm leaning towards Lover :gaycat2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Why did you ask this to a general forum that does not like her right now :rip: this would've been better off in base or the album thread if you wanted a more accurate census.

For me, evermore is still her best. It's more concise and it's got a nostalgic + sentimental comfort for me. TTPD sits proudly in 2nd place though. With her worst album being Debut or Lover, and I'm leaning towards Lover :gaycat2:

Votes are public. We can see who's just voting for TTPD as her worst just to hate.

But some Swifties are also voting for it as her worst so 

:suburban:

Much higher than Loser, MIDnights and dREaD.

2 minutes ago, Diesel is Desire said:

Votes are public. We can see who's just voting for TTPD as her worst just to hate.

But some Swifties are also voting for it as her worst so 

:suburban:

it's just baffling To see the people who don'T like her at all trying to vote on her diScography, makes Me think they jUst want to ridicule. but I changed their name and any real defining clues.

As an OTH, i really liked the album. It's tied with evermore as her best. People only hate on it cause it got panned by critics :chick1:

• Like 1

I actually think it's dead last for me :deadbanana: 

Not sure if it has to do with the actual quality of the album or the fact that I have not been an avid listeners of hers since my college days but I only saved The Black Dog to my library. Whereas I have multiple songs saved from all of her previous albums. 

2 minutes ago, airplane said:

As an OTH, i really liked the album. It's tied with evermore as her best. People only hate on it cause it got panned by critics :chick1:

This is sending. :deadbanana4:

But I agree. It's not worthy of all the hate, but she is overexposed and critics hated on it too much. It's not her best imo but it's not her worst either. Falls somewhere in the middle for me

At the moment I'd say it's definitely in my top 5, but it's hard to compare it to other albums as a whole. The 31 songs include some of her best songs ever but also several songs I don't care that much about (as do most of her other albums).

If I had to rank all her albums right now, here's how I would rank them (but on a different day you would probably get a different answer lol):

1. folklore

2. evermore

3. TTPD

4. Red

5. 1989

6. Midnights

7. Speak Now

8. Fearless

9. Debut

10. Lover 

11. reputation

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.