New version of ChatGPT released: real-time translation, human-like interaction + more

TROPICUM

Wow, this is indeed promising! Having a personal tutor who knows ALL THE ANSWERS would be nice as a student!! 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• Bloo

• Comedor

• Starfish

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for many people in my industry to lose their jobs!

i tried it and it's not working too well. when i asked some questions, it did research online and gave me the answer and the source, however what it told me was the exact opposite of what the article said :rip:

Chile not me finishing my thesis on ChatGPT-3.5 proficiency in programming yesterday and they coming to end me today. @OPENAI when I see you its on sight. 

• ATRL Moderator
32 minutes ago, KingWitch said:

I feel like this is going a bit too fast, are they sure they can control it? :deadbanana2:

AI going “rogue” is not something to worry about. Transformer-based language models like ChatGPT just predict the next word in a stream of text. They actually do not understand anything. These are impressive demos, but I’m confident there are a litany of glaring problems with it.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MALAMENTE said:

Its sorta scary

Stop being scared of technology grandma.

Edited by Comedor

Not at y'all hyping this up when they'll literally snatch your jobs in the next few years... :rip:

If anything we should boycott this for stealing people's art, literature etc and taking away our jobs :coffee:

You can say we'll learn to adapt to find new jobs to compliment AI but honey, it's not a car or a machine, it's AI. Customer receptionists, translators, the list goes on and on, all those jobs will be removed

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

I started a conversation but now I'm getting "sorry I'm having issues right now", looks like service is unstable, maybe too many people trying it out. 

This is making me feel uncomfortable :biblio:

54 minutes ago, NEX said:

Apple is finalising a deal with ChatGPT to have it integrated into iPhones starting with next one. 

Apple really dropped the ball with Siri. They bought and integrated it into the iPhone then they just did nothing with it for 12? years while every other company's assistant surpassed it within like a year :skull:

• Like 3

Great, how long till we all die?

Los Angeles Success GIF

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, simplywohoo said:

i tried it and it's not working too well. when i asked some questions, it did research online and gave me the answer and the source, however what it told me was the exact opposite of what the article said :rip:

2 minutes ago, Comedor said:

I started a conversation but now I'm getting "sorry I'm having issues right now", looks like service is unstable, maybe too many people trying it out. 

yeah reminder that devs said this was an early demo and first public test, it will improve with time

—-

more features i forgot to post on OP:

able to hold conversation with a task, completely take care of customer service jobs;

text-to-typography 

analysis of compressed files:

text to 3D animated image

just had a whole ass conversation with it :jonny5:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

just had a whole ass conversation with it :jonny5:

New thread idea: would you date someone who talks with a computer?

snsd4.thumb.gif.9bfcce6382dffe86e0d5f4a8

Edited by tost1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Comedor said:

I started a conversation but now I'm getting "sorry I'm having issues right now"

girl it was trying to open up to you-

• Haha 6

35 minutes ago, Delirious said:

:coffee:

You can say we'll learn to adapt to find new jobs to compliment AI but honey, it's not a car or a machine, it's AI. Customer receptionists, translators, the list goes on and on, all those jobs will be removed

That is a good thing not a bad thing. There will be new more advanced jobs. This happened many times through history. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Starfish said:

That is a good thing not a bad thing. There will be new more advanced jobs. This happened many times through history. 

Girl what? That's what we keep saying but it's AI, AI can do those advanced jobs you're talking about. Software engineering, lawyer, design, doctor, etc

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Not at y'all hyping this up when they'll literally snatch your jobs in the next few years... :rip:

If anything we should boycott this for stealing people's art, literature etc and taking away our jobs :coffee:

The thing that's driving me nuts is that it's not being and not going to be used to take away all the arduous and lame tasks we all hate doing. Going after illustration, translation, design, music, etc... that's just sucking all the joy out the jobs some of us really like doing. :rip:

14 minutes ago, Starfish said:

That is a good thing not a bad thing.

Explain to me in very minute detail how this is a good thing for people like me who love their jobs and are trained in a specific field.

Edited by The7thStranger
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

At this point we're closer to living in the same world as that movie Her (2013) than we think :chick2:

Edited by Nido

10 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

The thing that's driving me nuts is that it's not being and not going to be used to take away all the arduous and lame tasks we all hate doing. Going after illustration, translation, design, music, etc... that's just sucking all the joy out the jobs some of us really like doing. :rip:

Explain to me in very minute detail how this is a good thing for people like me who love their jobs and are trained in a specific field.

Like don't blame us if you become unemployed 2 years later :coffee2:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

And funny thing is some atrlers really think they're smart enough for these so called 'advanced jobs'? Maybe if you're a top engineer or something to do these 'advanced jobs'

And how many of these jobs will there be?

• Thanks 1

Wow, that must take a lot of energy and resources, no?

Witnessing how fast this is evolving is so impressive. It's literally a digital revolution

siri still doesnt comprehend accents :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember when the windows phone came out with Cortana and she did a lot that was very advance at the time.

Im not really shocked by any of this.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.