TikTok influencer goes viral after tone deaf Met Gala video: "Let them eat cake"

TROPICUM

This is what started the Blockout movement currently going around TikTok/Twitter :suburban:

the aftermath after she uploaded her apology:

Posted (edited)

This Hayley person is a ghoul. How insensitive, tone-deaf, and vile you have to be to go to the Met Gala and dress up and make tiktok videos about it while people are in poverty and our tax dollars are going to a genocide where innocent civilians are being bombed. I'm glad this went viral.

Edited by réveuse
  • Like 5

Everyone falls for the engagement farming every single time 

• Like 4

Let me just block all these Tiktokers for good :alexz2:

• Like 1

I had no clue the historical context of "let them eat cake" and I'm sure neither did Haylee or the majority of people who are "mad". 

• Like 4
  • Confused 8

I personally don't find anything offensive or insensitive about this. However, I think if you're rich and flaunt your wealth in any way, people are going to be outraged one way or another.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DeadInside said:

I had no clue the historical context of "let them eat cake" and I'm sure neither did Haylee or the majority of people who are "mad". 

If that's the case then people wouldn't be mad.

And no to the foot on my screen.

20 minutes ago, DeadInside said:

this.

She is not even going to the Met gala but only do an celeb interview section at some hotel lobby.

Her dress was inspired by Marie Antoinette, that`s why she use the sound and its a viral sound with 100k videos already.

And no one know the context, so it seems like a honest mistake to me and at least she already apologize and delete the video. That`s why cancel culture is a joke, instead of educating, they just try to throw rocks and make it about their outrage rather than the topic that needs to educated.

• Like 5

no way this sh*t happened cause of a damn TIKTOKER :rip:

so the us should ban tiktok is what I'm gathering from this

• Haha 1

The girl literally used a viral sound for the character she's dressed up. I doubt she knew anything about this ****. People are so eager to be mad at everyone every time. Celebrities should just not say a thing anymore. Anything they say, nowadays, WILL be used against them. And this girl isn't even a celebrity. 

Marie Antoinette didn't actually said this, but they used this phrase in a smear campaign which eventually lead to her being beheaded. Ngl it was tone deaf considering the mess we are living in today, but it's kind of funny they didn't feel the need to look up what it meant.

• Like 2

She should not apologize. She wore a Marie Antoinette outfit and quoted her… it's no deeper than that. The more I see fake outrage, the more I feel inclined to ditch the leftist label. These people are NUTS

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

the think pieces on this video and somehow linking it back to Palestine :rip:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DeadInside said:

im sure she knew exactly what she was saying girl... like how you gonna dress up like Marie Antoinette and not know.. she prob thought it was the serve and she couldn't possibly face backlash.. lmaoooo death to tiktok

You can just breathe and people will be offended by it these days.

Disgusting era 

• Like 1

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwe…. hopefully she'll eat some cake and get over it. :bird:

3 hours ago, DeadInside said:

moo.png

now i kinda agree to certain point that it is being blown out of proportion a bit but if you don't know what that phrase means... classes are needed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

Reminds me of that lady coming up with "digitine" thinking she ate. :rip: 

3 hours ago, chiliam said:

Her dress was inspired by Marie Antoinette, that`s why she use the sound and its a viral sound with 100k videos already.

And no one know the context, so it seems like a honest mistake to me and at least she already apologize and delete the video.

2 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

The girl literally used a viral sound for the character she's dressed up. I doubt she knew anything about this ****. 

Not the gaslighting:suburban:This phrase is probably the only thing people remember about Marie Antoinette (even if she never said it). If you dress up as her, utter that sentence and actually think this is about treating her guests with cake, then the education system has failed us yet again. I don't want to judge whether the reactions are valid, but don't come in here and tell us people are not able to google one of the most famous phrases of all time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Thank you beautiful lady named theslowfactory cause I was like wha?

Too bad she stole that username for atrl's TikTok handle:coffee:

54 minutes ago, The Next Day said:

Not the gaslighting:suburban:This phrase is probably the only thing people remember about Marie Antoinette (even if she never said it). If you dress up as her, utter that sentence and actually think this is about treating her guests with cake, then the education system has failed us yet again. I don't want to judge whether the reactions are valid, but don't come in here and tell us people are not able to google one of the most famous phrases of all time.

a lot of people dont know about this phrase no matter how famous it is.

And its not even the point here, the point is rather we educate people about things they didn`t know. We just shortcut and jump to cancel/criticize "oh why you don`t know that", like you just suppose to know everything in life. 

And who the hell google a popular sound on tik tok before using it (it`s a popular sound with 100k videos already and 100k people use that sound for fun and nobody has a problem with it)

So i hope you actually know everything in life and keep judging other people for not knowing as much as you. 

• Like 2

I'm genuinely shocked that people don't know this expression or the context behind it...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.