Did XCX World age like milk?

SapphireSky

I listened to it last night for the first time in years and it's kind of aged like ****. Waterfall and the one I die 4 are career highlights though.. what do you think? 

8d2bf72b3175ed7aed25f34be7000e9c.999x100

I luv it I luv it I luv it. "Do you wanna come to my party?" is a mega bop.

this album would be nearly a decade old atp so not really

I Wanna Be With U is still one of her best songs ever

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually... yes :monkey:

I feel nostalgic listening to it, but it doesn't hold up to her other projects as a whole. Too many 'safe'/basic songs

Justice for Come To My Party and Bounce, tho :jonny3:

I think it's unfair to judge something that we don't even have the final form. It's just fanmade track listing with songs that we don't even know if were 100% finished. As it is it is a great bootleg

• Like 5

Waterfall was the only keeper at the time

I never listened to it, I can't keep up with her leaks even tho I'm a huge Charli stan.

• Like 2

Absolutely not. We don't even have whatever it was actually meant to be, but its best tracks still hit today.

i only actually listened to it for the first time the other day and i was a bit underwhelmed, i thought it got better as it went on but it's not as good as pop 2 or charli s/t 

I don't get why she did a photoshoot for it if the album was never finalised or even had a tracklist?

no. what is this thread

No, not at all. SEVERAL incredible career highlights on there too! 

Nope

It's fresher than any BRAT single.

• Like 1

Uhmmm Girls Night Out, Bounce, Good Girls and No Angel remain xcxellent. Not to mention there's a bunch of tracks from then that didn't 'make' the album that are legit career highlights - Hey Boy Hey Girl, Daddy Knows, Up & Down, Taxi... 

• Like 1

It sounds more fresh than quite literally anything she released post HIFN

• Like 1

This artwork is kinda giving AI

She's always ahead

:clack:

Ummmm no

Not at all. This phrase gets thrown around all the time but it was truly ahead of its time

Posted (edited)

Not at all. It was just too ahead of its time for 2016 but it definitely still holds up better than Charli and Crash.

Waterfall, Girls Night Out, No Angel, Come To My Party, Good Girls, Bounce, I Wanna Be With U still sit among her best tracks :clap3:

Edited by Alex

i mean some of the tracks have but there are others that are still great.

tbh tho i have no idea if the xcx world i downloaded is what other people have or what its supposed to be

Posted (edited)

As a whole, it was never that great to begin with. Yes, there are some amazing tracks (especially Come To My Party and No Angel), but also some pretty awful ones. Overall I can see why Charli decided to keep it shelved. 

Edited by SlowGinFizzzz

to be fair it's been nearly 10 years

it remains the most iconic leak/chronically online flop era. most tracks just needed more time in the oven. if we had final released versions of Bounce, Taxi, No Angel OG etc I think it would be a cult classic.

i didnt even knew it existed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.