STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Tweet questioning Katy's downfall goes viral

naval23

Her hair held all her power. :coffee2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

She made herself Cheerleader in Chief for Hillary Clinton. She should have just sat there... and you know the rest.

• Like 2

I've been seeing tons of similar viral tweets. This + the Met Gala AI mess makes me think she could have shot to come back in the game, the gp is missing her.

• Like 2

I've been saying this for years!!!! (along with Bionic) 

It just doesn't make sense!

djfndskjfnds;klfdsklf

spacer.png

• Like 2

Brand is everything. As a former KatyKat, I remember being confused by the whole blonde look and killing her old self motif.

It didn't feel organic to her development.

• Like 1

She's a singles artist. Without anyone writing and producing big hits for her she's obviously gonna be a has been. She doesn't offer anything as an artist. Being top paid reality star is right up her alley because she has a cute personality.

• Thanks 3

If post can make a comeback then I don't see why she can't :suburban:

after he was in the same place as her supposedly :suburban:

She lost her main music producer its that simple 

• Like 4

Same here tbh

Can we stop doing this every 2 weeks :coffee2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

She's gonna see these tweets and set herself up again :rip: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

She needs to STOP her obsession with "camp" and making it her entire personality and brand. You cannot take her or her music seriously when she's on stage dancing with poop emojis and rats, or her album cover is literally her as a clown. 

She turned into a caricature of herself. She can comeback, but she needs to take her career seriously and stop the "I'm so goofy tee hee" schtick. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Katamari said:

If post can make a comeback then I don't see why she can't :suburban:

after he was in the same place as her supposedly :suburban:

He used Taylor to achieve this tho. Swifties can help anyone that Taylor collabs with.

Anyways, her downfall was 100% her own fault but I know she's talented and creative so if she truly has the drive to try one last time with a big pop album, I think she could see some cute success.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

She needs to STOP her obsession with "camp" and making it her entire personality and brand. You cannot take her or her music seriously when she's on stage dancing with poop emojis and rats, or her album cover is literally her as a clown. 

She turned into a caricature of herself. She can comeback, but she needs to take her career seriously and stop the "I'm so goofy tee hee" schtick. 

Everything you described is Katy Perry, she doesn't know how to do anything else.  That's her problem.  

• Like 2

not the hair argument again :rip: pop culture changed and there was no place for her in it. 

Posted (edited)

She really did not have the palm of her hand. 

She was a singles artists; her albums did not sell well before the streaming era. 

Katy was simply "there" and people did not care about Katy Perry until she had "disappeared" and was no longer able to produce hits/was on the radio. Perhaps the perspective is different to people who were born in the 2000's, but I remember being a teenager during the "Teenage Dream" album and there were more talked about celebrities at the time. I was not into "stan" stuff until after Katy Perry disappeared, which meant that I was unaware Katy Perry even shared a record with Michael Jackson.

Edited by Junipero
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

She went after Taylor, and that was pretty much it.

10 minutes ago, Junipero said:

She really did not have the palm of her hand. 

She was a singles artists; her albums did not sell well before the streaming era. 

Katy was simply "there" and people did not care about Katy Perry until she had "disappeared" and was no longer able to produce hits/was on the radio. Perhaps the perspective is different to people who were born in the 2000's, but I remember being a teenager during the "Teenage Dream" album and there were more talked about celebrities at the time. I was not into "stan" stuff until after Katy Perry disappeared, which meant that I was unaware Katy Perry even shared a record with Michael Jackson.

She was def popular back then and had tons of star power hence she was debuting at #1 left and right and still was fighting with Gaga, One Direction, Rihanna and other acts with huuge fanbases. :rip:

If they really want Katy to comeback, they better stream KP7!!! :redface:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.